• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Ch 13 in Roc reports Bills working on Spikes contract tonight

No link guys sorry, just heard it on the news but I'm not making it up.

If this is true what does this mean?

Apparantly the Bills want to get some money from him in some way. Maybe they are planning something big tomorrow.....3 cuts when they have all this cap room already?

I will be a little suprised honestly if he gets released. Just creates another hole, although maybe they view his as a hole already....

whatchu think?
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ch 13 in Roc reports Bills working on Spikes contract tonight

I feel for the guy but he really has become a huge question mark. If he is released it will be sad but might be necessary to free up some big time room.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
      No link guys sorry, just heard it on the news but I'm not making it up.

If this is true what does this mean?

Apparantly the Bills want to get some money from him in some way. Maybe they are planning something big tomorrow.....3 cuts when they have all this cap room already?

I will be a little suprised honestly if he gets released. Just creates another hole, although maybe they view his as a hole already....

whatchu think?
      I think he will resign for less. I dont see him leaving.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I think it would be nice to see him stay but at a lower price due to risk and production. That's the reality of the situation not some grand scheme to sign a big named player.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

NOt sure.. I dont see him getting released.

With these cuts coming today and especially if they cut Spikes too, they better plan on doing something big with this money.. and im not talking about the announcement that A train has resigned.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

I dont know, he is one of my favorite players on the Bills, hate to see him go, but I think them letting go Fletch (if they do) will be the last straw...

STAY, TKO!

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Do people really think Spikes won't be significantly better then he was last season?

I mean how does cutting him possibly make us a better team next year?

It's not like we don't already have the cap room to make a couple big signings, but with the market being so thin and lacking truly great talent, the chances of us even landing one top player isn't good.

It's going to be really hard for this defense to get better without Clements, Fletcher and Spikes.

But whatever, I still have faith in Marv. I'll wait to see what happens.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i have to say.. if they cut spikes, i will be extremely disappointed. there is no way he wont get better than last year. i just dont see any way they could justify lettibg him leave.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Restructure the deal maybe with some incentives for playing time this season and a roster bonus next year, that way if gets hurt he doesn't get a lot of money this year and can get released next year, but if he returns to prior form he gets paid well this year and gets a nice bonus next year.

Jon

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Unless they cut him becuase they plan on getting a very high calibre LB on the market like a THomas or June.. Cutting him is nothing but a low class, Cheap move by this organization.

We're already losing one important LB to FA (Fletcher).. Spikes should be better than last year with more time to heal, and if nothing else deserves an opportuntity to show it.

Again, to cut him cause your making a move on June or something like that is one thing.. but to cut him on March 1st with the intentions on cheap FA's or a draft pick to take over for him is nothing but CHEAP..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      they better plan on doing something big with this money.. .
                      Or else what? You'll switch to being a finfan? I hope they make the wire our starter if thats the case
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Don't cut Spikes. He's the soul of the defense.

It's bad enough we are losing the heart of the defense when they let Fletcher go. Letting TKO go would really hurt, especially when I have no doubt that he will get to be 100% this year and be even better.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Don't cut Spikes. He's the soul of the defense.

It's bad enough we are losing the heart of the defense when they let Fletcher go. Letting TKO go would really hurt, especially when I have no doubt that he will get to be 100% this year and be even better.
                          the fact that you have no doubt gives us all a great deal of comfort.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

To be honest....I wouldn't blame the organization at all if they released Spikes tonight, tomorrow or next week. He is a liability on the field at this point and that outweighs the assets he possesses as far as leadership and firing up the troops.

I was one person who advocating them either releasing him, injury settlement or re-negotiating last off-season. I think Justa was kidding about Wire coming in to replace him but honestly there wouldn't be much of a dropoff production wise if any.

There's no way you can justify the contract Spikes is getting for the production we're getting out of him. End of story.

Kelsay is more worth his contract at this point than TKO. And that pains me to say, it really does.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                              • Sep 2003

Restructured contract makes easier for trade, Willis and Spikes for NYG #1 Pick!

Comment

Working...
                              X