X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Schefter: Bills Are Willing To Listen To Trades For Spikes/ May Get Cut

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bills are willing to listen to trade offers for strong-side linebacker Takeo Spikes.
    There have also been rumblings in Buffalo that Spikes, due $4.5 million in 2007 and coming off an injury-plagued season, could eventually be cut.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Schefter: Bills Are Willing To Listen To Trades For Spikes/ May Get Cut

BUMP!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      BUMP!
      i wonder what we could get for Spikes did Schefter say what the Bills are asking for in return

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Trade is one thing, cut is another.

The Bills better not get crazy here just because they had success with so many youngsters. Spikes at 75% is better than 2 players at half his salary at 100%, because they are marginal starters who belong on the bench, see Bowens and/or Tutan Reyes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          i wonder what we could get for Spikes did Schefter say what the Bills are asking for in return
          Nope. I would imagine a second day pick.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Nope. I would imagine a second day pick.
            then no way in hell do you do it.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              something is better than nothing.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                That's just what I figure we could get for Spikes. The guy isn't worth much. I'm not for it or against it either way.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Trade is one thing, cut is another.

The Bills better not get crazy here just because they had success with so many youngsters. Spikes at 75% is better than 2 players at half his salary at 100%, because they are marginal starters who belong on the bench, see Bowens and/or Tutan Reyes.
                  Too true man. This is getting a little ******ed.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Well they did say that they would entertain any and every offer. I'm eager to see what the motivation behind all of this is.

Maybe the Bills can work out a trade with Spikes for OG Eric Steinbeck. While both players might end up being cut anyway, working a trade might at least guarantee each team a need player.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                      No kidding. Some of you guys would make very awful GMs.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        Well they did say that they would entertain any and every offer. I'm eager to see what the motivation behind all of this is.

Maybe the Bills can work out a trade with Spikes for OG Eric Steinbeck. While both players might end up being cut anyway, working a trade might at least guarantee each team a need player.
                        No way on earth Spikes is worth as much as Eric. Maybe before the injury but not now.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                          Just caught your "I piss excellence", maybe one of the best movies ever.

Dear 8lb 6oz. baby jesus, I pray that we land some great free agent talent this offseason.

By the way, Carly has a great rack.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

No way on earth Spikes is worth as much as Eric. Maybe before the injury but not now.
                            I never said straight up trade. I said "work out a trade". Besides, Steinbeck is set to be an UFA so for a trade even to commence, he would have to agree to sign back on with Bengals first and then the Bills would have to agree to pay the man what he so desires.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

If they are willing to trade (or even cut) TKO it tells me that they want to free up cap space (they have more than enough to keep TKO). Even if they only do cash to cap it means that they could be looking to bring in a decent FA or two.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X