PDA

View Full Version : Would you spend the money on Clements...?

BILLSROCK1212
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
say we spent the money on Clements we'd still have room for another 2nd tier signing and a couple others....i am not an expert with the cap but is that still possible?

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
If we were running anything other than the C2 I would say hell yeah he's worth it. But in a Zone C2 you just don't need great man on man cover guys. You can normally plug in a virtual nobody and get the same results.

Devin
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
say we spent the money on Clements we'd still have room for another 2nd tier signing and a couple others....i am not an expert with the cap but is that still possible?

Clements would absorb almost everything else.

Chris Kelsay is a tier 2 player and he got 25 million. So Im assuming by tier 2 you mean a practice squad player.

Ed
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
When you have 30+ million to play with, anything is possible. It's all how you structure the contracts. But we're not the Redskins, so no it's probably not possible.

X-Era
03-01-2007, 11:18 PM

The answer is yes, and yes I would resign Clements, why?

1) no one here pays the bills for the Bills so why do they care
2) hes the best FA out there
3) losing him means heading backwards on our pass D which is a pretty important part of our overall game
4) he supposedly wants to stay
5) what else are we spending our money on

Bert102176
03-02-2007, 12:54 AM
yes I would

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-02-2007, 06:00 AM
No. You don't spend that kind of money on a cornerback who is in or just past his prime. Nate is just that. I don't like spending that kind of money on a corner who isn't exactly the best or even top 5 in the league. You would have to think that he would command a signing bonus of like $15 million. Add the $7 million salary and your cash to cap takes a $22 million dollar hit. I say no. I think you work on the lines and get a decent corner to take the CB spot like Roderick Hood.

tampabay25690
03-02-2007, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt sign him at all....You know how much $$ he is going to get......It will be sick the amount of money soemone is going to pay.....Especially BONUS $$$$$

Talk0fNewYork
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
You all ***** now about the kelsay signing, you will all **** yourselves when you see how mutch that SOB makes!

tampabay25690
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
The answer is yes, and yes I would resign Clements, why?

1) no one here pays the bills for the Bills so why do they care
2) hes the best FA out there
3) losing him means heading backwards on our pass D which is a pretty important part of our overall game
4) he supposedly wants to stay
5) what else are we spending our money on

SO were going to put all are $$ at a cb, so is Nate going to protect JP, is he gonna rush the passer....There are so many holes we need to fill 1st...

DraftBoy
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
No, thank you for your time Nate, but we are moving on

eyedog
03-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I would have took Kelsay's money + whatever extra needed and signed Nate. Kelsay isn't a differece maker. He's a nice rotational player but would anyone really have missed him ? You will miss Nate taking out the #1 receiver next season. And when it happens I don't want to hear anyone *****ing about it because it's gonna happen.

justasportsfan
03-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Were there top expensive cb's on the sb teams last year?

eyedog
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
There was the best qb in the league playing an overrated Bears team last I looked. Maybe if the bears had a few corners they might have won.

justasportsfan
03-02-2007, 09:58 AM
There was the best qb in the league playing an overrated Bears team last I looked. Maybe if the bears had a few corners they might have won.Did the Colts have a top cb in the league? Point is, a very expensive cb does not win you a sb alone. Both teams in last years sb proved that. Bailey hasn't won his team a sb has he?

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't think we really even have cap space now, if we're doing that cash-to-cap thing. 19-20 M left after signing Kelsay doesn't really leave space for a 15M signing bonus and 6-7M a year