PDA

View Full Version : How about Joe Horn?

Ebenezer
03-02-2007, 02:17 AM
A possible #2 to Lee Evans? I wouldn't spend big bucks on him but I would take a flyer on him.

LtFinFan66
03-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I would (like to see the Fins check him out)

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 07:16 AM
He still put up decent numbers when he was healthy last season. A contributing veteran is never a bad idea in my book. I don't think he'd cost us all that much.

Jersey1031
03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
I don't think he'd cost us all that much.

I agree, a legitimate number 2 receiver would help us and especially Losman out a lot...

Bill Brasky
03-02-2007, 07:37 AM
surprising he was released. i'd love to see him here. class act and great player. better than price and reed.

DraftBoy
03-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Really his money demands are waht would stop me if they are over the top, other than that, Id bring him in.

Jeff1220
03-02-2007, 07:46 AM
I just read an article about how money wasn't a factor in this and he says the Saints lied about why he was released. Horn claims it is an ego move by Peyton.

It was a link on PFT to a newspaper sight:
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=256142

Bill Brasky
03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case (in reference to the ego move by Peyton)... Horn was the face of that organization... and did a ton for the team/city after Katrina.

I was shocked he got released, but he has been hurt the last few seasons and hasn't put up the numbers he once used to.

Talk0fNewYork
03-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Would be a great compliment to Lee and the passing game.

DraftBoy
03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Mike and Mike talked about Horn's claim this morning on the radio and said that it was false, Horn was asked to restructure his deal and refused, plain and simple.

The King
03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Horn will command decent money. There are teams out there who need WR's more than us, so we will be out bid no question.

Bill Brasky
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Mike and Mike talked about Horn's claim this morning on the radio and said that it was false, Horn was asked to restructure his deal and refused, plain and simple.
How the hell would those two knuckleheads know?

It doesn't pertain to the yankees, red sox, terrell owens, bill parcels, or nba... so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

The one guy doesn't know his head from his ass and Golic is just there to nod in agreement.

User Manuel
03-02-2007, 08:37 AM
The guys a playmaker. I would give him a one year shot for decent money.

DraftBoy
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
How the hell would those two knuckleheads know?

It doesn't pertain to the yankees, red sox, terrell owens, bill parcels, or nba... so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

The one guy doesn't know his head from his ass and Golic is just there to nod in agreement.

Well they reported it from what John Clayton said and unless we are going to go through and discount everything any expert on ESPN says, we could just agree that we will never know what really happened.

Bill Brasky
03-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Well they reported it from what John Clayton said and unless we are going to go through and discount everything any expert on ESPN says, we could just agree that we will never know what really happened.

ha. sorry man, i respect your opinion more than every "analyst" on espn combined (not a slam on you at all).

is this the same john clayton that said drew bledsoe would get us to the playoffs... and that willis mcgahee is a top 5 RB in the NFL?

john clayton is the national enquirer of nfl news.

ublinkwescore
03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I just read an article about how money wasn't a factor in this and he says the Saints lied about why he was released. Horn claims it is an ego move by Peyton.

It was a link on PFT to a newspaper sight:
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=256142

or maybe he became expendable the instant the Saints saw what they had with Terrance Copper and Marques Colston.