• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Report: Spikes On Trading Block

Wow... I saw people talking about some other options (release/reneg), but trading him? Would there be interest? I can't imagine getting better than a 4th, maybe a 3rd, for him. I'll tell you what... if we deal him and don't bring back Fletch, I will just about bet the farm that the #12 pick is a LB.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Report: Spikes On Trading Block

That was the speculation last night locally. They called his agents about his contract. I think this was the plan all along.

He played like an All-Pro prior to that injury but was a shell of his former self last year. Played better the last 2 games but many of those tackles were runs straight at him.

His lateral movement was completely missing and he could not plant anymore. He'd actually hop a few times to order to stop and was easily washed out by blockers on sweeps. I saw it from the stands and knew he had to make sigmificant improvement in healing or he was Sam Cowert all over again. A damn shame.

Let's see where it goes from here. Those chanting for Patrick Willis in the draft may be getting their wish. That would keep Crowell on the strongside and Ellison weakside, with Willis in the middle.

What an interesting off-season. Jauron/Marv/Modrak are really changing the look of this team, which is common in year 2 of a new admin.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

I HATE this move......

It takes 2 years to come back from the Achilles injury Takeo had... throw in the Hamstring injury he had and there was no way he was gonna have a good year.... but he should be back close to his old self this year.

I would at least give him 1 mroe year before i write him off!

Comment

• Night Train
        • Jul 2005

Hello. Just picked up the morning Buff News.

" Bills Put Spikes On Trade Block "

Bills beat reporter Mark Gaughan reporting The Bills are seeking a trade partner for Spikes, according to a league source.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

After cutting Simmons, Cincy might be interested in bringing him back. They are really in need of LBs now.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
            After cutting Simmons, Cincy might be interested in bringing him back. They are really in need of LBs now.
            i think Takeo burned his cincy bridges.

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

So what can we actually get for him???....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Not much, I'm afraid. I'm torn between NT and C'eh's statements. On one end, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to show he's totally healed, on the other hand, you have to put aside sentimentality and come to the realization that he may never be the player he is. Tough call... I know this much - those most capable of diagnosing his future will be the ones making the decision, so whatever it is, I can live with it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be surprised Spikes asked to be cut or traded.

Comment

• Night Train
                    • Jul 2005

Anyone else think Spikes himself may have asked the Bills for a trade, with the loss of best friend Fletcher and Clements ?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

I think they're jumping the gun on this, but if Chicago has difficulty getting a long term deal w/Briggs, maybe we could package Spikes and a pick for Briggs?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

That is a damn shame. I like TKO's passion and fire. I like everything about him, even his cool ass name. I really want to keep him around.

Comment

• Dude
                          that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                          • Feb 2005

The sad thing is that Takeo really wanted to be in Buffalo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                            The sad thing is that Takeo really wanted to be in Buffalo.
                            When they showed they were trying to win.

When you let good players like Clements, Fletcher go and sign scrub players like Whittle, Wire, Williams, etc....it doesn't really show people that they want to win.

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                              I HATE this move......

It takes 2 years to come back from the Achilles injury Takeo had... throw in the Hamstring injury he had and there was no way he was gonna have a good year.... but he should be back close to his old self this year.

I would at least give him 1 mroe year before i write him off!
                              For every Julian Peterson, there're 20 Sam Cowarts....
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X