• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Whittle's Contract Numbers

Bills Whittle away at free agency needs
    Jason Whittle - G - BUF - Mar. 2 - 9:14 am et
    Bills signed G/C Jason Whittle to a one-year, $720,000 contract with a $40,000 signing bonus.
    Our first free agent signing of the new league year is on the board. And what a doozy, Whittle will change the complexion of the AFC East. Either that or he'll provide quality depth at multiple positions on Buffalo's line. Mar. 2

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

looks cheap to me.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Whittle's Contract Numbers

get used to it.. trust me

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Good depth signing. I trust that they will do what this team needs to get better, even if it isn't what I think needs to be done. I would imagine the Bills will wait until people come to their senses (teams and players), money-wise, and then go shopping.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

OMG ! WE OVERPAID !
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

WTF are we doing raiding the terrible Minnesota OL? First Fowler and now this whodat.

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            WTF are we doing raiding the terrible Minnesota OL? First Fowler and now this whodat.
            Yeah, I know! Next thing we know we'll be raiding Chicago's defensive line!
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Because he only received a $40K SB and the mimimum salary, he qualifies for the Vet Minimum Salary Exception under the CBA. That means only part of his base salary counts toward the cap, making his cap number around half a million.

That is good value for a veteran guy with starting experience who can back up serveral positions on the OL. Plus, he has a good relationship with the line coach.

I fail to see any downside to this move.

Comment

Working...
              X