• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

McGahee to Broncos?

From FoxSports.com, via the Denver Post:

"The move for Dre Bly is just the first of several Denver will attempt to make as they continue trade talks, including a deal for Buffalo running back Willis McGahee. It could take around a third-round pick to get the former University of Miami star. In addition to McGahee, running backs who might be available in a trade include Chicago's Thomas Jones. The team also could look at Jamal Lewis, cut by the Ravens. Travis Henry could be another option if he is cut by Tennessee. One player who might visit is Green Bay's Ahman Green."

Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • JPFBillsFan
    • Jan 2006

Re: McGahee to Broncos?

I'll take a 3rd rounder all the way to the bank...
    I hope he does well for himself where ever he goes. He seemed like a cool cat until "THE U" came out of him. I'll never forget watching that Championship Bowl game saying "oooooooh that was a nasty leg injury".....

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

I'll take a 3rd rounder over a holdout.

I'm very curious what the plan is if we move him out.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• NorthCarBills
        • Jan 2006

If Denver offered a 3rd rounder, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But nothing less than a day 1 pick.

Comparing WM to TJ in general...WM seems to be more typical of what Denver likes in a RB - he's more of a brusing, punishing back (e.g. TD, Droughns, Dayne) where as TJ is a better all around, intelligent back who does a better job in the passing game.

Personally, I'd take TJ over WM any day, and I too am curious as to what happens next if he and/or Spikes are dealt. Do we package our extra picks to move up in the draft, use them in a trade for a player, or use each one as is during the draft? Will be interesting.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

If a third rounder is the best they can do. THen they have to take it..

But this is starting to get extremely sad.

Its only March 2nd and pretty much anyone who has their eyes open can see ifs going to take an awful lot of luck for Buffalo to be better than 7-9 like last year.

Like them or not (and most dont) you dont lose Fletcher, Spikes, Willis and Clements, replace them with rookies and prospects and expect to improve the next year.

Sad.. sad.. sad state of this franchise.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I'm at a loss. Wait til you guys see McGahee's replacement. I can't stand Willis but I'm not too excited about what our game plan is.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I'm at a loss. Wait til you guys see McGahee's replacement. I can't stand Willis but I'm not too excited about what our game plan is.
              Now I know what how a Florida Marlins fan feels like.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I have no problem dumping off WIllis and Spikes if our plan is to bring in someone liek a Cato June to replace Spikes, or a decent RB to replace Willis..

But that aint happening.. Say hello to four new starters who next year take over for Nate, Fletch, TKO and Willis
                1) Youboty
                2) Ellison
                3) god only knows who
                4) Another rookie or Atrain (if they can even sign him)

Sounds like a playoff contender to me.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  If a third rounder is the best they can do. THen they have to take it..

But this is starting to get extremely sad.

Its only March 2nd and pretty much anyone who has their eyes open can see ifs going to take an awful lot of luck for Buffalo to be better than 7-9 like last year.

Like them or not (and most dont) you dont lose Fletcher, Spikes, Willis and Clements, replace them with rookies and prospects and expect to improve the next year.

Sad.. sad.. sad state of this franchise.
                  Dude chill.

First, 3 of those guys started on the defense that you bash so often. You ***** about Kelsay coming back (because the defense sucked) and now you ***** about them letting guys from that defense go. Which is it? Do they need to keep the defensive players or let them go? You talk on both sides here in a way that would make most NYS politicians proud.

Second Willis can be replaced. You know as well as I do that a RB can fill in as a rookie as easy or easier than any other position.

Finally you were doom and gloom last year. 4 wins. That was it.

Marv was here one year and the team improved.

Before you go nuts and ***** about everything, lets see how things work out.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Now I know what how a Florida Marlins fan feels like.
                    Not quite... they got a championship before they purged. Still, peace out Willis. Addition by subtraction. Give that 3rd right to Chicago for TJones and draft Leonard in the 2nd. Then tell me what a sad state of affairs our backfield is in.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Dude chill.

First, 3 of those guys started on the defense that you bash so often. You ***** about Kelsay coming back (because the defense sucked) and now you ***** about them letting guys from that defense go. Which is it? Do they need to keep the defensive players or let them go? You talk on both sides here in a way that would make most NYS politicians proud.

Second Willis can be replaced. You know as well as I do that a RB can fill in as a rookie as easy or easier than any other position.

I agree with you Lecter!

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

i think what pat means is we are going to miss them next year if we fill the hole they leave with a "depth" signing like this new guy for the Oline is. Fletch, Spikes, McGahee are bonafide STARTERS. The Bills direction last year, and seems to be what it is this year, is to bring in backups and see what they can do here. I AM SICK OF SIGNING BACKUPS! our TEAM is DEPTH. But the DEPTH starts at SECOND STRING.

I WANT STARTERS.

FIRST STRING!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                          If Denver offered a 3rd rounder, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But nothing less than a day 1 pick.

Comparing WM to TJ in general...WM seems to be more typical of what Denver likes in a RB - he's more of a brusing, punishing back (e.g. TD, Droughns, Dayne) where as TJ is a better all around, intelligent back who does a better job in the passing game.

Personally, I'd take TJ over WM any day, and I too am curious as to what happens next if he and/or Spikes are dealt. Do we package our extra picks to move up in the draft, use them in a trade for a player, or use each one as is during the draft? Will be interesting.
                          I'd also take Thomas Jones over Willis any day. Anyone hear what the Bears are looking for for TJ?

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

and I don't blame Marv I blame Ralph Wilson Jr.
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              Dude chill.

Agreed. I am starting to think he is related to Wys. Its not that everyone is happy with all the moves they make but no need to criticize every move. You keep a guy and there is criticism. You let someone go and there is criticism.

Comment

Working...
                              X