PDA

View Full Version : I think Willis and Spikes are gone for SURE now.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I think Willis and Spikes are gone for SURE now, and now we KNOW why they have been open for trade talks.

It will be to recoup some of the money thrown at Dockery, and now that Ralph used the money for a player of value, not garbage, I have no problem with it.

Spikes' salary and Willis (I think he was to count 2 mill against cap this year) should open up an opportunity to do more when it comes to the LB and CB positions..

That's my thinking at least.

Devin
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Willis I can see going. Im still unsure about TKO.

If hes gone we are no questiong drafting a LB round 1.

Slim
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I think Willis is. I think Spike's stays, it would be a mistake to let him go in im opinion too.

Dicknoze69
03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I agree. I'd be surprised at either being back with us next year. We can get 90% of Spikes' performance for 10% of the cost. His salary is prohibitive if he's not a difference maker.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I think Willis and Spikes are gone for SURE now, and now we KNOW why they have been open for trade talks.

It will be to recoup some of the money thrown at Dockery, and now that Ralph used the money for a player of value, not garbage, I have no problem with it.

Spikes' salary and Willis (I think he was to count 2 mill against cap this year) should open up an opportunity to do more when it comes to the LB and CB positions..

That's my thinking at least.

Clump would have to take a stab at the cap implications, but Im think that we have plenty of cap and that Willis and TKO arent related to these signings.

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, i would like to see willis behind a decent line, we may finally have that in Buffalo. I haven't been able to say that for about decade. I just don't want Thomas as our only back, if we draft a good back then i'd be cool. Im on the fence but our line became better today. Same with Spikes i want to see who is starting in their place before we start hacking veterans. Has Willis said he's leaving if he doesn't get a new contract? If not then just play him out the year.

djjimkelly
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
i think they both stay i remember roughly this time last year we were gonna release losman left and right i think its all talk

YardRat
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Well, i would like to see willis behind a decent line, we may finally have that in Buffalo. I haven't been able to say that for about decade. I just don't want Thomas as our only back, if we draft a good back then i'd be cool. Im on the fence but our line became better today. Same with Spikes i want to see who is starting in their place before we start hacking veterans. Has Willis said he's leaving if he doesn't get a new contract? If not then just play him out the year.

I don't care who's on the o-line or how big they are, if you don't know the playbook you're not running for squat.

Willis can go, but I'd still like to keep Spikes.

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't care who's on the o-line or how big they are, if you don't know the playbook you're not running for squat.

Willis can go, but I'd still like to keep Spikes.

i must have missed something while chilling in the Sabres zone, he didn't know the play book. His plays are the easiest of any player on the field there is no excuse for that.