PDA

View Full Version : Langston Walker - 5 year deal

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Adam Schefter just said on access nfl that the bills spent 75 mill on the oline today..

he also said walker got a 5 year deal.. so simple math says..

75 mill - 49 for dockery and 1 mill for whittle = 25 million for walker.

if he is our new starting guard.. 5 years, 25 mill is fine by me.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Adam Schefter just said on access nfl that the bills spent 75 mill on the oline today..

he also said walker got a 5 year deal.. so simple math says..

75 mill - 49 for dockery and 1 mill for whittle = 25 million for walker.

if he is our new starting guard.. 5 years, 25 mill is fine by me.

G? Hes a starting RT. Do you really see us starting him at G?

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
he was supposedly a G before getting moved to T. He'd make a pretty freakin huge Gaurd. I'm more excited about him as a guard signing than Tackle.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 06:35 PM
wow, get ready for the turnstyle blocking by walker.

Mudflap1
03-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Poor Whittle... $1MM out of the $75MM? LOL.

Jon

Night Train
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Marv completed the OL in Day 1 of FA and gave us a good backup to boot. Now our line has the smart Fowler and 4 Monsters surrounding him.

Oh... and Ralph is cheap... :fit: :yap:

:rolleyes:

lordofgun
03-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe it's because he was the only decent OLman on your entire line. He can't stop all the leaks in your crappy dam.

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
i think that walker will be used at Guard. i read somewhere this morning while doing some research on him that he was oaklands most consistent lineman and that he played very well at guard.

i will see if i can find it.

it would make sense, considering guard is a much bigger need than tackle with pennington and butler supposedly making big strides after getting healthy.

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM

How many times was brooks sacked against San Diego? Walker wasn't your biggest problem.

Devin
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope to hell they play Walker at OG. He was less then stellar at OT.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
he was supposedly a G before getting moved to T. He'd make a pretty freakin huge Gaurd. I'm more excited about him as a guard signing than Tackle.

Agreed. Hes a MONSTER at G.

We wanted size, thats for sure.

gr8slayer
03-02-2007, 07:14 PM
$25 million feels like a bit much for him but over five years it's not that bad at all.

KEEP 'EM COMIN MARV!

The last buffalo fan
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM

Watch your raider average player, become into a great bills player under our coaches wings. :up:

justasportsfan
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM
i guess ralphy isn't so cheap after all.

gr8slayer
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM
i guess ralphy isn't so cheap after all.
Or Marv just kicked his old ass into submission.

BillsNick
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM

Guess what. Your whole team sucks, so shut up.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's because he was the only decent OLman on your entire line. He can't stop all the leaks in your crappy dam.

please..................walker was a POS and will continue to be one. Just watch when hes getting your QB killed.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM

ummm noo

lordofgun
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
How's the Moss signing working out for you?

justasportsfan
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
please..................walker was a POS and will continue to be one. Just watch when hes getting your QB killed. how's manboobs? Too bad his D sucked last year.

HHURRICANE
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Walker is playing Guard. End of discussion. He wants to play guard and that was one of the reasons he wanted out of Oakland.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Im really convinced by the contract that you guys are mistaken.

I dont think Walker was signed to play guard.. I think he was signed to take over at RT this year.. Of course I dont know for sure, but I'm fairly certain I'm right.

I think it comes down to Merz vs Butler vs Preston vs that Hillbilly we signed earlier today for the right guard slot.

If I'm not mistaken(and maybe I am) I think Chris Brown reiterated that earlier as well.

mysticsoto
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
please..................walker was a POS and will continue to be one. Just watch when hes getting your QB killed.

You forget we had Chris Villarial there. My grandma who's been dead for a few years would be an improvement!

In any case, it's the best lineman that will get put there. And he'll have competition and will have to beat out Aaron Merz and Brad Butler...and Butler seems to have the drive and energy/push to compete for the position (besides OT). McNally will place the best person in!

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 08:41 PM

that was so second grade, but I really had a good laugh at it.

good work.

:bandwagon

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Walker is playing Guard. End of discussion. He wants to play guard and that was one of the reasons he wanted out of Oakland.

i read he was signd to play tackle

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 08:45 PM

I dont think Walker was signed to play guard.. I think he was signed to take over at RT this year.. Of course I dont know for sure, but I'm fairly certain I'm right.

I think it comes down to Merz vs Butler vs Preston vs that Hillbilly we signed earlier today for the right guard slot.

If I'm not mistaken(and maybe I am) I think Chris Brown reiterated that earlier as well.

I actually emailed Chris Brown about that and i will get back to you guys on what he says.

From everything that I read, he seriously struggled last year at Tackle. He tied Gallery for the team lead in sacks allowed with 10.5. (one site said 11, but whatever). He also tied Gallery for team lead in penalties (i dont remember the number). BUT prior to last season under that god awful coaching staff and mess of a team, he had only allowed 3 in one season, and none while playing at guard for 3 games.

Anyways, i would feel much more comfortable with him at guard and let pennington and butler fight it out for the tackle spot.

Who knows at this point.

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM

link?

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 08:48 PM

I've been reading it too, but its the offseason there is alot of time to sort that crap out. They feel McNally might be able to work with this guy. Im happy the bills have a plain and they are executing it.

mysticsoto
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I have a question for you...didn't you guys just get a new Oline coach this year? Attempting to speak objectively...can you place any of the blame of the past Oline woes you've had on him? I have to say that I'm really surprised that Robert Gallery hasn't developed, as he looked great in college. I have to wonder if it's coaching that has done this to him - much like Mularkey ******ed JP's development and the rest of our team while he was here...

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
how's manboobs? Too bad his D sucked last year.

who?? The raiders defense was 3rd overall smart guy.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a question for you...didn't you guys just get a new Oline coach this year? Attempting to speak objectively...can you place any of the blame of the past Oline woes you've had on him? I have to say that I'm really surprised that Robert Gallery hasn't developed, as he looked great in college. I have to wonder if it's coaching that has done this to him - much like Mularkey ******ed JP's development and the rest of our team while he was here...

yes were switching to the zone blocking scheme. I place almoast evrything on him. he got brooks hurt, walter got killed becuse of him and lamont jordan we getting stuffed to becuse of him. Gallery has played very well at RT but art shell wanted to try him at LT and bench barry simms who was a pro bowler in 02,03. Simms didnt like it and got benched then Langston who really didnt have a spot except for on special team and sometimes guard. langston told shell he felt he could play tackle and shell gave that tub of lard a chance and he sucked getting false starts evry game and allowing way to many sacks. Brooks said he wanted to punch langston becuse hes the one who got him sacked so many times in SD and balitimoore.

Bulldog
03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
yes were switching to the zone blocking scheme. I place almoast evrything on him. he got brooks hurt, walter got killed becuse of him and lamont jordan we getting stuffed to becuse of him. Gallery has played very well at RT but art shell wanted to try him at LT and bench barry simms who was a pro bowler in 02,03. Simms didnt like it and got benched then Langston who really didnt have a spot except for on special team and sometimes guard. langston told shell he felt he could play tackle and shell gave that tub of lard a chance and he sucked getting false starts evry game and allowing way to many sacks. Brooks said he wanted to punch langston becuse hes the one who got him sacked so many times in SD and balitimoore.

Hmmmm...who do I trust? Some Raider fan who is on a Bills message board for god knows what reason or the people who are PAID to evaluate talent for an NFL franchise? Sorry Raider fan, you lose! I'll take my chances with Walker.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmmmm...who do I trust? Some Raider fan who is on a Bills message board for god knows what reason or the people who are PAID to evaluate talent for an NFL franchise? Sorry Raider fan, you lose! I'll take my chances with Walker.

the film doesnt lie.

Bulldog
03-02-2007, 10:22 PM
the film doesnt lie.

And I'm almost certain that Buffalo's front office didn't look at film of Walker before signing him to a large contract. Thanks for further proving my point. The coaching staff that Shell had in Oakland was a joke and as I stated earlier, I'll take my chances with Walker and Buffalo's coaching staff. For the love of god, Shell pulled some dude from a bed & breakfast and made him his OC.

Oaklandraider
03-02-2007, 10:36 PM
And I'm almost certain that Buffalo's front office didn't look at film of Walker before signing him to a large contract. Thanks for further proving my point. The coaching staff that Shell had in Oakland was a joke and as I stated earlier, I'll take my chances with Walker and Buffalo's coaching staff. For the love of god, Shell pulled some dude from a bed & breakfast and made him his OC.

I cant disagree there bro its true shell did have a joke staff but the fact is even when we didnt have shell walker still wasnt good. anyways best of luck to the bills and walker.:rockout:

Bulldog
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I cant disagree there bro its true shell did have a joke staff but the fact is even when we didnt have shell walker still wasnt good. anyways best of luck to the bills and walker.:rockout:

Whats up with Moss? I heard that Oakland would send Moss and their 2nd round pick to GB for Rodgers and their 1st round pick. If I were Oakland, I would take that in a heartbeat and take Calvin Johnson. Any thoughts?

TigerJ
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
I still think he ends up at RT, but I think the guard idea is intriguing.

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 11:56 PM
has walker done any interviews yet? how bout the coaches on the subject?

Michael82
03-03-2007, 12:01 AM
has walker done any interviews yet? how bout the coaches on the subject?
No, but Jauron said RT in the press conference....

http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2Fpressconferences%2F030207fapresser%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx

Lexwhat
03-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I remember when Ravens fans were making fun of Bennie Anderson when we signed him, and a lot of thought that maybe Bennie would be fine since he helped pave the way for Lewis's 2000-yard season.

Of course, it was Donohoe running the Bills back then...

I don't think Marv would've signed this guy if he was that bad...But then again, last year's free agents weren't impressive either.

I think it's just too early to judge...we will just have to wait and see how things go...Hopefully McNally can make him into a solid RT...

GO Bills!

Night Train
03-03-2007, 06:35 AM
I think that walker will be used at Guard.
I'm thinking you're right. I seem to recall Jauron saying something to that extent but cannot locate the quote.

Saratoga Slim
03-03-2007, 08:01 AM

I have a feeling that he's going to play RT, though my thoughts are not based purely on the contract size. We just gave 49M to Dockery at G, so 25M for the other G position isn't really that out of the question.

nonetheless, I think we signed Whittle to provide veteran depth/challenge on the interior, primarily RG. He's a decent enough player that I don't think they would have signed him as a pure, never to see the field except in emergency, backup, and I don't think they would have done that if he was going to simply sit behind Walker. It makes more sense to think that we signed Walker to start at RT, with Pennington providing the challenge/depth, with Merz/Butler/Whittle competing for the RG position.

I don't know enough about Walker to have a feeling one way or another on whether he's going to work out. But whichever way you look at it, we made an A+ effort yesterday to upgrade the OL. I don't think there's too much more we could have done.