PDA

View Full Version : IF the draft was tommorow

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 08:49 PM
If the draft was to be held tommorow, given what went down at OBD today, and assuming we're done spending significant money on a FA after spending a lot on the OL.. And let's assume for debate sake that Willis is traded,and Spikes is as well (which I think will both happen, especially if our own guys are talking about it) Im going to say we get a third and a fourth for the two guys- I think that's fair.

What do you think the Bills do with the first two rounds of the draft?

here's my 100% pure guess.

1st- I think Buffalo is going to take what will be perceived as a reach here and go for Lynch, RB. -- Im really starting to hope we bring back A Train and I think this could be a good 1-2 combo like a couple of other teams did last year.

1st B- I think you see the same deal as last year, where we give up our second and one third to move back into late first round. The pick here is Siler, LB. Makes perfect sense (and dont fool yourself, he aint gonna be around at pick 10 of round 2)

Round 3- I would see them taking another LB .

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
If the draft was to be held tommorow, given what went down at OBD today, and assuming we're done spending significant money on a FA after spending a lot on the OL.. And let's assume for debate sake that Willis is traded,and Spikes is as well (which I think will both happen, especially if our own guys are talking about it) Im going to say we get a third and a fourth for the two guys- I think that's fair.

1st- I think Buffalo is going to take what will be perceived as a reach here and go for Lynch, RB. -- Im really starting to hope we bring back A Train and I think this could be a good 1-2 combo like a couple of other teams did last year.

1st B- I think you see the same deal as last year, where we give up our second and one third to move back into late first round. The pick here is Siler, LB. Makes perfect sense (and dont fool yourself, he aint gonna be around at pick 10 of round 2)

If it started today, you draft a Corner, and a DT. clearly your biggest needs. You still have a running back and linebackers on staff.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 09:05 PM

Well, Ill play along with your trades, heres my take:

1) Willis
2) Bush
3a) Puz
3b) Tank Tyler
3c) Traded up from 4th- Chris Houston
4) Paul Williams WR
5) Quincy Black

bigbub2352
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I think u can go CB leon hall
RB michael bush
best LB available
I want them to go after TJ Duckett in FA, and see what happens with a veteran FA LB

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Well at this point, I definitely think its Willis or Lynch..

Lynch of course would be out if we were to sign a good FA back, which I dont see happening.

Im a big Michael Bush fan myself. Someone I dont remember who said that Thurman Thomas was hurt and Marv took a chance on him and paid off (though it was Polian).. It was a good point.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I do NOT want to waste a first rounder on a CB.. THere isnt even a clear cut #1 corner either..

i'd MUCH rather bring in a vet to man the spot for 1 or 2 years while youboty continues to learn.. I think Youboty is going to be a very good player in this league with some experience. I loved him in college.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 09:09 PM
I think u can go CB leon hall
RB michael bush
best LB available
I want them to go after TJ Duckett in FA, and see what happens with a veteran FA LB

Hall is in there. I dont see a defensive minded coach letting his best CB go and then not addressing it in FA or the draft.

I skipped it because I think we will sign someone, but if we dont Halls a probable pick.

Devin
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, Ill play along with your trades, heres my take:

1) Willis
2) Bush
3a) Puz
3b) Tank Tyler
3c) Traded up from 4th- Chris Houston
4) Paul Williams WR
5) Quincy Black

Tyler will probably hit the lower 1st very early 2nd. 0 chance hes there in the 3rd. Same for Puz.....likely a high 2nd rounder.

I agree about Willis.

Next year is a DEEEEP RB class, so dont completley look past Buffalo band-aiding the RB spot for 1 year with Thomas and another vet.

1. Willis
2. Leonard
3. J. Hill
3b. Best CB avail

Illmatic15
03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Amobi Okoye really intruges me( Mccargo or no Mccargo), since as a nba raptors fan I loved to see my team draft young teenagers with huge potential( Tmac,Bosh,Bender,).

X-Era
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Tyler will probably hit the lower 1st very early 2nd. 0 chance hes there in the 3rd. Same for Puz.....likely a high 2nd rounder.

I agree about Willis.

Next year is a DEEEEP RB class, so dont completley look past Buffalo band-aiding the RB spot for 1 year with Thomas and another vet.

1. Willis
2. Leonard
3. J. Hill
3b. Best CB avail

Can I quote you on zero chance hes there in the 3rd?

You could be right, and if the Bills think your right, I have NO problem with a move up for him. I like him alot and hes played with McCargo before and that helps.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 09:34 PM

I agree about Willis.

1. Willis
2. Leonard
3. J. Hill
3b. Best CB avail

I would really hate a one year band-aid to be honest. I want our future now.

camelcowboy
03-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I do NOT want to waste a first rounder on a CB.. THere isnt even a clear cut #1 corner either..

i'd MUCH rather bring in a vet to man the spot for 1 or 2 years while youboty continues to learn.. I think Youboty is going to be a very good player in this league with some experience. I loved him in college.

Well then you should post what if the draft was after the bills addressed their need for a corner back. Because if the the draft is tommorrow we're drafting a corner.

GarnOFreak
03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
What I'd love to see:

Pick 12 Bills take Amobi Okoye
Pick 43 Bills take Paul Posluszny OLB

Wild and crazy plan: trade down from 12 to 27(saints) and pick up their 2nd rounder(58th pick).

pick 12 Saints take P.Willis

Pick 27 Bills take Lawrence Timmons OLB
Pick 43 Bills take Michael Bush RB
Pick 58 Bills take Buster Davis ILB

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
What I'd love to see:

Pick 12 Bills take Amobi Okoye
Pick 43 Bills take Paul Posluszny OLB

Wild and crazy plan: trade down from 12 to 27(saints) and pick up their 2nd rounder(58th pick).

pick 12 Saints take P.Willis

Pick 27 Bills take Lawrence Timmons OLB
Pick 43 Bills take Michael Bush RB
Pick 58 Bills take Buster Davis ILB

Im also a HUGE Buster Davis fan. I think that his need for "coaching" at the senior bowl, which was very televised, will cost him and make him a 3rd rounder. His size keeps him out of the 1st round, I would say hes a 2nd rounder but after watching Singletary spend the bulk of his time yelling at Buster, I thin he dropped to the 3rd.

Devin
03-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Can I quote you on zero chance hes there in the 3rd?

You could be right, and if the Bills think your right, I have NO problem with a move up for him. I like him alot and hes played with McCargo before and that helps.

Yes.