• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

IF the draft was tommorow

If the draft was to be held tommorow, given what went down at OBD today, and assuming we're done spending significant money on a FA after spending a lot on the OL.. And let's assume for debate sake that Willis is traded,and Spikes is as well (which I think will both happen, especially if our own guys are talking about it) Im going to say we get a third and a fourth for the two guys- I think that's fair.

What do you think the Bills do with the first two rounds of the draft?

here's my 100% pure guess.

1st- I think Buffalo is going to take what will be perceived as a reach here and go for Lynch, RB. -- Im really starting to hope we bring back A Train and I think this could be a good 1-2 combo like a couple of other teams did last year.

1st B- I think you see the same deal as last year, where we give up our second and one third to move back into late first round. The pick here is Siler, LB. Makes perfect sense (and dont fool yourself, he aint gonna be around at pick 10 of round 2)

Round 3- I would see them taking another LB .

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: IF the draft was tommorow

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    If the draft was to be held tommorow, given what went down at OBD today, and assuming we're done spending significant money on a FA after spending a lot on the OL.. And let's assume for debate sake that Willis is traded,and Spikes is as well (which I think will both happen, especially if our own guys are talking about it) Im going to say we get a third and a fourth for the two guys- I think that's fair.

1st- I think Buffalo is going to take what will be perceived as a reach here and go for Lynch, RB. -- Im really starting to hope we bring back A Train and I think this could be a good 1-2 combo like a couple of other teams did last year.

1st B- I think you see the same deal as last year, where we give up our second and one third to move back into late first round. The pick here is Siler, LB. Makes perfect sense (and dont fool yourself, he aint gonna be around at pick 10 of round 2)

If it started today, you draft a Corner, and a DT. clearly your biggest needs. You still have a running back and linebackers on staff.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Well, Ill play along with your trades, heres my take:

1) Willis
      2) Bush
      3a) Puz
      3b) Tank Tyler
      3c) Traded up from 4th- Chris Houston
      4) Paul Williams WR
      5) Quincy Black

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I think u can go CB leon hall
        RB michael bush
        best LB available
        I want them to go after TJ Duckett in FA, and see what happens with a veteran FA LB
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Well at this point, I definitely think its Willis or Lynch..

Lynch of course would be out if we were to sign a good FA back, which I dont see happening.

Im a big Michael Bush fan myself. Someone I dont remember who said that Thurman Thomas was hurt and Marv took a chance on him and paid off (though it was Polian).. It was a good point.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I do NOT want to waste a first rounder on a CB.. THere isnt even a clear cut #1 corner either..

i'd MUCH rather bring in a vet to man the spot for 1 or 2 years while youboty continues to learn.. I think Youboty is going to be a very good player in this league with some experience. I loved him in college.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I think u can go CB leon hall
              RB michael bush
              best LB available
              I want them to go after TJ Duckett in FA, and see what happens with a veteran FA LB
              Hall is in there. I dont see a defensive minded coach letting his best CB go and then not addressing it in FA or the draft.

I skipped it because I think we will sign someone, but if we dont Halls a probable pick.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                Well, Ill play along with your trades, heres my take:

1) Willis
                2) Bush
                3a) Puz
                3b) Tank Tyler
                3c) Traded up from 4th- Chris Houston
                4) Paul Williams WR
                5) Quincy Black
                Tyler will probably hit the lower 1st very early 2nd. 0 chance hes there in the 3rd. Same for Puz.....likely a high 2nd rounder.

I agree about Willis.

Next year is a DEEEEP RB class, so dont completley look past Buffalo band-aiding the RB spot for 1 year with Thomas and another vet.

1. Willis
                2. Leonard
                3. J. Hill
                3b. Best CB avail
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Illmatic15
                  • Mar 2007

Amobi Okoye really intruges me( Mccargo or no Mccargo), since as a nba raptors fan I loved to see my team draft young teenagers with huge potential( Tmac,Bosh,Bender,).

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
                  GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                    Tyler will probably hit the lower 1st very early 2nd. 0 chance hes there in the 3rd. Same for Puz.....likely a high 2nd rounder.

I agree about Willis.

Next year is a DEEEEP RB class, so dont completley look past Buffalo band-aiding the RB spot for 1 year with Thomas and another vet.

1. Willis
                    2. Leonard
                    3. J. Hill
                    3b. Best CB avail
                    Can I quote you on zero chance hes there in the 3rd?

You could be right, and if the Bills think your right, I have NO problem with a move up for him. I like him alot and hes played with McCargo before and that helps.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin

I agree about Willis.

1. Willis
                      2. Leonard
                      3. J. Hill
                      3b. Best CB avail
                      I would really hate a one year band-aid to be honest. I want our future now.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

I do NOT want to waste a first rounder on a CB.. THere isnt even a clear cut #1 corner either..

i'd MUCH rather bring in a vet to man the spot for 1 or 2 years while youboty continues to learn.. I think Youboty is going to be a very good player in this league with some experience. I loved him in college.
                        Well then you should post what if the draft was after the bills addressed their need for a corner back. Because if the the draft is tommorrow we're drafting a corner.

Comment

• GarnOFreak
                          • Aug 2004

What I'd love to see:

Pick 12 Bills take Amobi Okoye
                          Pick 43 Bills take Paul Posluszny OLB

Wild and crazy plan: trade down from 12 to 27(saints) and pick up their 2nd rounder(58th pick).

pick 12 Saints take P.Willis

Pick 27 Bills take Lawrence Timmons OLB
                          Pick 43 Bills take Michael Bush RB
                          Pick 58 Bills take Buster Davis ILB
                          "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
                          Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GarnOFreak
                            What I'd love to see:

Pick 12 Bills take Amobi Okoye
                            Pick 43 Bills take Paul Posluszny OLB

Wild and crazy plan: trade down from 12 to 27(saints) and pick up their 2nd rounder(58th pick).

pick 12 Saints take P.Willis

Pick 27 Bills take Lawrence Timmons OLB
                            Pick 43 Bills take Michael Bush RB
                            Pick 58 Bills take Buster Davis ILB
                            Im also a HUGE Buster Davis fan. I think that his need for "coaching" at the senior bowl, which was very televised, will cost him and make him a 3rd rounder. His size keeps him out of the 1st round, I would say hes a 2nd rounder but after watching Singletary spend the bulk of his time yelling at Buster, I thin he dropped to the 3rd.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                              Can I quote you on zero chance hes there in the 3rd?

You could be right, and if the Bills think your right, I have NO problem with a move up for him. I like him alot and hes played with McCargo before and that helps.
                              Yes.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X