• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

The Bills now have the biggest OL!!

Posted Mar 2nd 2007 7:20PM by Dan Benton
    Filed under: Bills, AFC East, NFL Free Agency, Buffalo
    The Bills continued their aggressive free agency push this afternoon. Only hours after signing Jason Whittle, the Bills have added two more offensive linemen; Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery. On paper the Bills now have a very formidable offensive line held down by some very big guys.

Langston Walker may be one of the biggest guys in the NFL. At 6'8 and 345 pounds he's a beast of a man and he uses that to his advantage. He can play either guard or tackle and has very good lateral movements. The one knock on him is that he sometimes takes plays off and has trouble recognizing blitzes and stunts.

Dockery is another massive body; he stands 6'6 and weights 345 pounds. He is very athletic and an extremely impressive run blocker. He has some flaws and is still a bit raw but also has an unlimited ceiling with the right staff.

The best news is that these two are still quite young; 27 and 26 respectively. Suddenly the Bills offensive line is shaping up to be one of the best in the NFL.
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: The Bills now have the biggest OL!!

******* I like the sound of that!
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

it is pretty crazy that there is such a WIDE range in how people feel about walker.

Adam Schefter said he was one to the top FA lineman.. i have seen an article on Realfootball365.com that basically said he was worse that bennie anderson at tackle.. there have been several other articles that have gone both ways about him too.

i guess we should trust marv and company, but i just have never seen so many different opinions on such opposite ends on one guy.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

it is pretty crazy that there is such a WIDE range in how people feel about walker.

Adam Schefter said he was one to the top FA lineman.. i have seen an article on Realfootball365.com that basically said he was worse that bennie anderson at tackle.. there have been several other articles that have gone both ways about him too.

i guess we should trust marv and company, but i just have never seen so many different opinions on such opposite ends on one guy.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• GarnOFreak
          • Aug 2004

Could you imagine if Merz does end up at center...we would average about 340lbs per player on the OL....can you say power running attack?
          "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
          Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by GarnOFreak
            Could you imagine if Merz does end up at center...we would average about 340lbs per player on the OL....can you say power running attack?
            JP could have tea back there and when we do run, the team we play will have the fear of god in them.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

All I can say about these aquisitions is Wow. They finally did it. They finally focused on the O-Line. Hell, they could bring Bledsoe back if they keep this up.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• GarnOFreak
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Turf
                ...Hell, they could bring Bledsoe back if they keep this up.
                Please see my signature about Bledsoe. He said he wanted to start someplace, but you never know...we bring him back, then henry, then moulds...etc.etc..(j/k)
                "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
                Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                  All I can say about these aquisitions is Wow. They finally did it. They finally focused on the O-Line. Hell, they could bring Bledsoe back if they keep this up.
                  Now you're being ridiculous.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

:fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: <----our OL
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                      • Aug 2006

I still can't believe that a 6-foot-8, 345 pound man can play guard in the NFL, as well as have people say he "has very good lateral movements." That's insane for a man that big.

This guy must have been an unstoppable athlete when he was younger. A man amongst boys.
                      Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                      And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: :fat: <----our OL
                        Or

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

I'm gathering that he's pretty athletic, but neither the sharpest nor the hardest working tool in the shed. I think the Bills coaching staff will have to be on his tail a lot. The Bills have two offensive line guys, McNally and the new guy, Kugler. As I understand the division of labor, Kugler works with the tackles. With just that one responsibility, he should really be able to keep after Walker. He came to the Bills with a great reputation that was only enhanced by his work with the offensive line of Boise State.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

2007 BILLS Starting Offensive Line

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Whittle-Walker-1st

Pennington-Chambers-Preston-Mertz-Butler-2nd

Reyes should be cut.....

Watch out for Butler at RG ...Whittle should win the job .. His experience could be the major factor...

Bmax

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

there are so many possibilities now... I might just shed a tear, the day has been that good

Comment

Working...
                              X