PDA

View Full Version : Judging from the contract sizes I saw today..

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Like a few of us said earlier this week..

Kelsays contract looks a lot better, imho.

we have seen 4 contracts today at or over 50 million.. and one over 80 million.

people have to realize the numbers we are going to see are pretty mind blowing.

funny thing is how small those 4 year 10 million dollar deals we did last year for several players look now.. as well as jason peters and schobels deals.

we need to get evans and losman locked up for the long term ASAP, or else by the time they are FAs, top WRs will command 75 million.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 09:05 PM
It's not so much Kelsay's contract per day I have the problem with (though I do with that too)

It's that they spent substantial money (no matter how you look at it) on a DE who's production isn't that much better than Denney's, not to mention we have Hargrove back too.

My thing, at least IMO is that money could've been used to get a better LB or CB into the fold, possibly a 2 Wr like Bennet..

If anything as well, this draft was loaded with four blue chip DE's, we would have gotten Carriker or Johnson too.

Kelsay is a gamer I'll give him that.. He works hard.. but he's weak against the run, thats our biggest defensive weakness so I dont understand why you bring the same guy back, at a pretty steep price too.

Its nothing personal against Kelsay.

Tatonka
03-02-2007, 09:07 PM
i like our group of 4 DEs personally.. i like them alot and i think kelsay will continue to improve..

but regardless, my point was simply that the salary cap is way up, therefore salaries are way up.

can you imagine what aaron schobel would make if he was a free agent right now??

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Maybe given today's market I overreacted to Kelsay's contract.. I shoulda been putting my energy into *****ing about Kelsay the player, not the contract.. Your right about today's market.. In terms of him as a player, we will agree to disagree.

I personally think they need a DE who's better against the run.. I really was hoping we'd make a play for Dewayne White..

But what got me most upset about the contract is the first thing I thought of is what kind of money Schobel will not be entitlted to ask for.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe given today's market I overreacted to Kelsay's contract.. I shoulda been putting my energy into *****ing about Kelsay the player, not the contract.. Your right about today's market.. In terms of him as a player, we will agree to disagree.

I personally think they need a DE who's better against the run.. I really was hoping we'd make a play for Dewayne White..

But what got me most upset about the contract is the first thing I thought of is what kind of money Schobel will now be entitlted to ask for.