PDA

View Full Version : Lets see what we can do with $10M...

Bruce is Loose
03-08-2003, 08:37 AM
If Clump's #s are right, we have almost 10M under the cap still for this year even after Spikes is included.

2.5M - Rookies - only our first two picks will probably count at all aagainst the cap (draft best avaliable at FS, DE, LB, 3rd CB, OL depth)
1M - Hollis/Lindell
2.5M - Adams contract cant be too much more than this for this year
.5M - Charlie Rogers
2M - Dyson
.5 Winfield extension - not too much needs to go here for this year - we just need to extend him another 4 or 5 years and the bonus will be spread
1M Leave for injuries

We can also get more $$ by dropping Robinson and Watson

clumping platelets
03-08-2003, 08:47 AM
It will take more for an extension of Winfield, but not a lot more

If Cincy doesn't match, I believe Robinson will be released

Ebenezer
03-08-2003, 08:56 AM
forget Rodgers and it will take more for winfield

Bruce is Loose
03-08-2003, 08:59 AM
A. how much will it take for Winfield?

B. who would you have return kicks? I think Rodgers suffered from poor special teams in general and is worth retaining while he wont command much.

Ingtar33
03-08-2003, 09:14 AM
If we draft Mathis... he can lug the rock (he was a very good kick returner in college)

clumping platelets
03-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by tanked
A. how much will it take for Winfield?

His salary for 2003 is $530,000 (his minimum)

His bonus amortization is $1.199 million (cannot be changed)

Any extension will add to his 2003 cap hit.

A 4 yr extension (actually a new 5 yr deal) with a $6 million signing bonus would add $1.2 million to the 2003 cap. That's just an example, but I say $6 million is in ther ballpark

lunatic_bills_fan
03-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Clump, Do you think Takeo's offer is going to be hard for the Bungles to match or will they go on principal and not offer due to the fact that T-K-O doesnt want to be there.

Dozerdog
03-08-2003, 09:54 AM
I would not pay 2 million for dyson

Maybe 1 million for frank sanders... not 2 mill for dyson

Aero II
03-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I would not pay 2 million for dyson

Maybe 1 million for frank sanders... not 2 mill for dyson
I agree $2M is TOO much.

Bert102176
03-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Martay Jenkins should be the WR we try to sign

Tatonka
03-08-2003, 12:16 PM
martay jenkins has said a couple times that he is looking for 3 mill a year.. that is nuts imho.. he has never been a starter, and has been injured..

darrius thompson just signed for 3 years, 3.7 million dollars.. that sounds about right.

RedEyE
03-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Those are really nice numbers. I honestly think the Sam Adams deal gets done and Winfield gets his extension. Winfield really deserves an extension. He worked hard the past 2 seasons with tvery little help from the front 7. Imagine what he can do this year?

I agree with a few others here. A decent 3rd WR would prove extremly helpful - injuries happen and we need depth. Another thought is beefing the OL. We could use some positive depth at G..... or sign a solid Center and swing Teague over. I know that he did well last season, but it's not his natural position. Let's face it, Drew isn't going to be anymore moblie this year than he was last. The sack totals last season were too high IMO. I know that the OL is young, trying to gel, but I would feel a little better knowing that we have another rock of a line man.

The Spaz
03-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Our o-line setup is fine how it is. Although depth at WR and Ol would not be a bad idea to address. Actually Teague started out playing center in college I beleive. Our o-line will only get better with experience. Go Bills!

Kelly The Dog
03-08-2003, 01:03 PM
These signings can only help our negotiating with Antoine, too. He must be champing at the bit to play with an actual defensive line and killer LBs in front of him, as well as Dick LeBeau can only help. Not to mention probably not going to have to worry as much about Wire and Prioleau screwing up as much as they did last year simply with a year of experience back there. He may feel a little more like Moulds did. Why not sign early and stay while something great is brewing.

RedEyE
03-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Our o-line setup is fine how it is. Although depth at WR and Ol would not be a bad idea to address. Actually Teague started out playing center in college I beleive. Our o-line will only get better with experience. Go Bills!

Agreed Spaz. ....and don't get me wrong.... one of the main reasons that Henry bounced for over 1400 yards last season was because of the great run blocking by that front corp. The pass blocking needs vast improvemnts. A little of it was attributed to the fact that Drew enjoyed giving his 2 speed demon rcvrs (Moulds Price) time to find green down field. That should also change this year. Reed is definite across the middle style runner. That will only persuade Bledsoe into a quicker release.

I'd love one more solid lineman to protect that wicked arm behind the line of scrimmage. I believe that Teague has the abilities in becoming a good center. I just want depth at the G slot.

Brian H
03-08-2003, 01:27 PM
How much would Marcus Robinson (Bears) cost?????

McD
03-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Brian H
How much would Marcus Robinson (Bears) cost?????

Including his medical coverage?!!

kgun12
03-08-2003, 02:34 PM
I asy bring in Dyson and C. Conway on the same day let them see our facilities and new additions to our team, than ask both of them which one wants to be apart of this and for TD's price?There WR signed.

WG
03-08-2003, 02:52 PM
$2M is way too much for Dyson. He's always hurt. But too bad we didn't go after D. Thompson for that kind of money!

Cut Robinson and Watson anyway, they're both next to useless and we can find vet min players to play at that level. Lot's of guys can get schooled by QBs for less.

Maybe draft another WR, who knows. We definitely need a 3rd unless GW feels that Johnson is capable of catching 50 balls and we don't have any injuries.