PDA

View Full Version : Takeo Spikes...most likely gone

Bone
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Watching Espn News and they did around the elague thing and it sais spikes wants traded or released..

If this happens...

Joey Porter?

Napolean Harris?

Patrick Willis?

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Watching Espn News and they did around the elague thing and it sais spikes wants traded or released..

If this happens...

Joey Porter?

Napolean Harris?

Patrick Willis?

Porter is the only sure OLB, the rest are better ILB's

I think the draft is fairly deep at OLB. Timmons, Puz, Alexander.

Willis is really meant for the ILB spot.

Illmatic15
03-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Didnt Dockery say in the press conference that he talked to TKO and he said nothing but good things about Buffalo and the Bills organization.......

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Didnt Dockery say in the press conference that he takled to TKO and he said nothing but good things about Buffalo and the Bills organization.......

I dont deny that thats true. However, I can also say that it may not mean much for a guy who may take a hit in his pay if teams shy away from his questionable achilles injury recovery.

Carlton Bailey
03-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Ellison-Willis-Crowell. "Problem solv-ed," as Inspector Clouseau would say.

gr8slayer
03-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I think that would raise more questions than answers. I like Ellison and I LOVE CROWELL but lets be realistic. Ellison and Willis are still big question marks in relation to TKO. I would still feel much better keeping TKO.

Carlton Bailey
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I think that would raise more questions than answers. I like Ellison and I LOVE CROWELL but lets be realistic. Ellison and Willis are still big question marks in relation to TKO. I would still feel much better keeping TKO.

Spikes is my boy, but if the Bills let go of him, I won't be devastated. I did, however, like how TKO progressed late last year and would be interested to see how he does next year two seasons after the injury.

Carlton Bailey
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Spikes is my boy, but if the Bills let go of him, I won't be devastated. I did, however, like how TKO progressed late last year and would be interested to see how he does next year two seasons after the injury.

gr8slayer
03-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I won't go off myself or anything either but you gotta admit. You feel a bit more comfortable with Spikes here considering our inexperience at LB without him.

Illmatic15
03-02-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4571

Just an article I found..

Marvelous
03-03-2007, 05:23 AM
I have mixed emotions about Spikes returning..Of course i loved the beast he was before the achiles. A total animal. But i dunno if he will ever be like that again. And with Fletch gone we are gonna need Spikes leadership BIGTIME... I think trading Willis and leaving a hole is enough for 1 offseason. I'm excited about what a new hungry RB with our new revamped O-line. But losing Spikes when he is set to be fully 100% sounds suspect to me....

-I'm all for change when it's improvement. Esp youth improvement but our D is in NO-way in position to lose another vet leader..No Clements or Fletch.. + We still have interior D-line issues..

-I'm scared about our D nextseason. Esp against the run.
but
In Marv i trust!

Michael82
03-03-2007, 06:53 AM
:(

OpIv37
03-04-2007, 08:32 PM

3 words: NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Expect several 200 yard rushers against our D if our DL isn't fixed and we have that LB core.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
3 words: NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Expect several 200 yard rushers against our D if our DL isn't fixed and we have that LB core.

Over-react much lately?

Nighthawk
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM

If this happens...

Joey Porter?

Napolean Harris?

Patrick Willis?

Wow, a little late to the party my friend? This is old news...

raphael120
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM

yeah we're not going to win games by beefin up our offense and totally letting our D regrade to crap...we need to be serious about the LB core.

A proposed rookie at MLB (MLB being the BRAINS of the D), Crowell (not a leader, persay), and Ellison (still yet to prove anything other than "can hold the fort")...

We need a vet back there, proven vet. And crowell is better than average but i havent seen anything "game changing" from him.

Elminster
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
yeah we're not going to win games by beefin up our offense and totally letting our D regrade to crap...we need to be serious about the LB core.

A proposed rookie at MLB (MLB being the BRAINS of the D), Crowell (not a leader, persay), and Ellison (still yet to prove anything other than "can hold the fort")...

We need a vet back there, proven vet. And crowell is better than average but i havent seen anything "game changing" from him.
Funny....Ellison played at least as well as Spikes...and is faster...

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Didnt Dockery say in the press conference that he talked to TKO and he said nothing but good things about Buffalo and the Bills organization.......

Doesn't mean he doesn't want to be traded or released.

maybe he wants out of Buffalo for other reasons.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Porter is the only sure OLB, the rest are better ILB's

I think the draft is fairly deep at OLB. Timmons, Puz, Alexander.

Willis is really meant for the ILB spot.

the 2007 Buffalo Bills LB's - Porter-Willis-Crowell-Ellison.

I could definitely live with that.

TacklingDummy
03-04-2007, 11:48 PM
the 2007 Buffalo Bills LB's - Porter-Willis-Crowell-Ellison.

I could definitely live with that.

If you can live with being a woman trapped inside a mans body you can live with almost anything. :snicker:

ublinkwescore
03-05-2007, 12:49 AM
If you can live with being a woman inside a mans body you can live with almost anything. :snicker:

You know what's more lady-like?

whining like a little ***** (sound familiar) every time someone posts something like this about yourself.

But you don't gotta worry about that with me now do you.

TacklingDummy
03-05-2007, 12:53 AM

whining like a little ***** (sound familiar) every time someone posts something like this about yourself.

So why you whining?

and

Huh?

ublinkwescore
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
So why you whining?

and

Huh?

what ever you say - I was just pointing out the difference between me and you - notice I'm not screaming for mods to chastize you for your little attacks - but if I did that to you, who would start crying like a little girl first.

TacklingDummy
03-05-2007, 01:01 AM
what ever you say - I was just pointing out the difference between me and you - notice I'm not screaming for mods to chastize you for your little attacks - but if I did that to you, who would start crying like a little girl first.

ahhhh got ya.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 01:05 AM
:couch:

kgun12
03-05-2007, 01:45 AM

So why you whining?

and

Huh?

ahhhh got ya.

So is TKO staying or going and how did we go from this question to all that other mother lovin jazz!:idunno:

billsburgh
03-05-2007, 01:49 AM
I really want to see TKO back this year. I think he deserves another year to see if he can get back to his previous form. Let's see how he does after another year of rehabbing it.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I think the Bills will carefully evaluate Spikes' health and there is a chance that they may keep him, but the way they have been talking I think they will find a buyer for him who will give them a first day pick in return. I think they will look to get a # 2 and a # 3 for Spikes and McGahee.

If they do that, their starting LBs will be Ellison--Crowell--Timmons/Alexander/Posluzny (or the best OLB available early in Round 2).

Ellison out-played Spikes when he replaced him last season and, with a year's experience under his belt, should be even better. I prefer Crowell as an OLB and it is possible that the Bills will pick a MLB instead of an OLB in Round 2, but every indication is that they are intent on switching Crowell to MLB, where he played in college, and having him be the defensive signal caller. The top of this year's LB class isn't as outstanding as in some years, but it is a very deep class of LBs and there figures to be some very good MLBs and OLBs still on the board when the Bills use their second round draft pick on one after taking A.Okoye to fill their DT rotation with the # 12 pick in the draft. This will give the Bills a very young, but fast and talented LB corps that can play together for several more years. (With Spikes gone, the Bills will be a little thin at LB, even though they will get Odom and Stamer back from injuries, so they may well add a second rookie LB, like a Rory Johnson in Round 4).

This scenario would leave the Bills rather young and inexperienced at LB, but would not only address their needs at DT and LB, but give them a young core of talented players on defense that could grow and stay together as a solid unit beyond the next year or two. What the Bills would lose in the short term, based on a lack of experience, the Bills, with an improved offense to take some of the pressure off of their young defenders, would more than gain back as these players all mature together in the years beyond this season.

X-Era
03-05-2007, 07:16 AM

On the surface, I must agree.

OpIv37
03-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Over-react much lately?

How is it an overreaction? If we have the same DL and the same LB's minus Fletcher and Spikes, why should we expect better results? It's counterintuitive.

You know, last year everyone jumped down my throat for saying we need a replacement for Posey- "he'd be a liability, he doesn't fit the system" etc. And look what happened to our run D. Would Posey have helped? Probably not, but the point is we lost a starter and replaced him with bench fodder, and got piss poor results.

Well, fool me twice. Although Spikes is one of my favorite players, I don't mind losing him and Fletcher because their production hasn't been high lately, under one condition: SUITABLE REPLACEMENTS ARE FOUND. Ellison is still developing. Crowell has been good but not dominant. And Willis (assuming we even get him) is a rookie and as such will be prone to rookie mistakes. That may be a great LB core in 2008 or 2009, but it will get us killed in 2007.

And if Willis is gone with our pick, then what the hell do we do?

Also, that LB corps is one injury away from complete disaster.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
First off it is over-reacting because there are only 2-3 200 yard rushers per season.

Second it is not the same D-line. McCargo was out last season.

Third it is a second season under a new system. Give some players time to learn.

Fourth even if Willis guys like Siler or Poz are options.

And I agree with you on the depth.But in today's NFL you will have positions w/o depth. All teams do.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Finally, can you just accept the good news of the day without complaining about something?

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Op! Your back.

OpIv37
03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Op! Your back.

yeah- to make a long story short, Verizon sucks ass and I've lost at least 5 days of connectivity. I'm hoping to have everything back to normal by this afternoon.

And if anyone cares, sometime in the next day or so there will be a big rant in the TZ explaining the situation.

OpIv37
03-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Finally, can you just accept the good news of the day without complaining about something?

I said the Dockery signing was good and I liked the attention being paid to the OL. But last year the FO concentrated on the D and it didn't pay off.

Also, I think a lot of people put too much stock in this "another year in the system" thing. These guys are football players- they understand the game. They've been around it their whole lives. This is a hobby for us, but they're immersed in it all day, every day (at least during the season). If they haven't learned the system by now, chances are they never will.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I said the Dockery signing was good and I liked the attention being paid to the OL. But last year the FO concentrated on the D and it didn't pay off.

Also, I think a lot of people put too much stock in this "another year in the system" thing. These guys are football players- they understand the game. They've been around it their whole lives. This is a hobby for us, but they're immersed in it all day, every day (at least during the season). If they haven't learned the system by now, chances are they never will.

I disagree. Look at the West Coast offense for proof that some systems take time to learn.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
And if anyone cares, sometime in the next day or so there will be a big rant in the TZ explaining the situation.
A rant? Seriously???

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
yeah- to make a long story short, Verizon sucks ass and I've lost at least 5 days of connectivity. I'm hoping to have everything back to normal by this afternoon.

Op rant about something? Never.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:23 AM

So what's McGahee's excuse? He couldn't even remember the plays.

OpIv37
03-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I disagree. Look at the West Coast offense for proof that some systems take time to learn.

yeah but do you honestly think the same guys are going to be all that much better because of another year in the system? We need to improve our talent too- we can't just count on experience alone to put us from 7-9 to playoff contenders.