PDA

View Full Version : Breaking today down

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
So lets talk about some things after today.

I think one thing is clear, size was key for us. Why? we may have signed Dockery for about what Steinbach got.The difference between the two is size, among other things.

So ask yourself, why size? Well, I think we saw how potent the long ball could be on this team with Losman to Evans last year. I think we feel Evans is a long ball guy, hes not a possession type. He can catch it short, but his size limits his ability to fight for the ball. I think we see that hes a guy who beats guys and then scores. Signing Steinbach may make us better, yes it probably would have. But there is a risk that he could become overpowered at times. Dockery, on the other hand, is the same size as most of your bigger DL. I think Fairchild sees that JP needs that extra time to take advantage of our strength in the pass game which is the long ball.

On run, I think we would have been fine with either Steinbach or Dockery. Honestly, its a push to me, both can block well.

Walker at the very least is an upgrade at RG, RT? well I dont see why they would do this considering Pennington has looked decent. I think he may very well go to RG. Again, the size matters.

Overall, you look at a team that has an X-Ram Coach in Fairchild and you think about Pace, and Barron an you can see a similarity in plans. Bulger is a pocket passer and has done well when he had big guys in front of him. I think Fairchild wanted size to buy JP the extra time to take even more advantage of Evans deep. I also think we will get even more players on O who will stretch the field deep.

I think the thought was that guys like Dockery and Walker can take on more than one rusher with their size. That means that they dont necessarily need FB's or TE's that are blockers. Maybe they can get those passing or even running options like a Greg Olsen or Brian Leonhard because they have OG's that can handle more than one rusher.

Weve all heard that it all starts with the lines, I just think that upgrading the physical talent at OG was the LEAST of our gain today. I think the tangible benefit that a team with a big line has is its options in the pass and run when you dont have to commit a RB or FB or even TE to cover the extra rushers.

I can see us building a SB Rams type offense at this point. If we can just prevent a major purge on the defense talent wise, we are headed to good places.

Talk0fNewYork
03-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Great ****ing Post!

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Great ****ing Post!

Thanks man.

I honestly see us making a move at LB next. Wathc for it to be a guy who can play EITHER ILB or OLB to leave the Spikes trade option open.

jamesiscool
03-02-2007, 10:19 PM
the rams had two probowl recievers in holt and bruce in their last super bowl run and had marshall faulk. sooo i say we may be takin baby steps towards that but i dont see us becoing THAT talented at skill positions for a little while. awesome post tho. :respect:

James

feelthepain
03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
The Bills are awsome....I wonder if this will get me ban from this thread. I'm obviously not entitled to my own opinion, so I guess I'll just post this everytime.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
the rams had two probowl recievers in holt and bruce in their last super bowl run and had marshall faulk. sooo i say we may be takin baby steps towards that but i dont see us becoing THAT talented at skill positions for a little while. awesome post tho. :respect:

James

Dont disagree with your point. I wonder if Evans becomes Holt with these latest moves and a new WR becomes Bruce.

It may not be EXACTL the same, but adding time for your QB cna help you in a ton of ways.

The Spaz
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
The Bills are awsome....I wonder if this will get me ban from this thread. I'm obviously not entitled to my own opinion, so I guess I'll just post this everytime.

k

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Where are you again?

Its the old axiom, people tend to be their own problems.

Why are you looking for acceptance as a Fins fan on a Bills board again?

JJamezz
03-02-2007, 10:33 PM

Nothing much to talk about over in finheaven tonight huh...

JJamezz
03-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Great post man. I agree about the possibility of Walker at guard instead of tackle. I also like your point about size - for those that watch the post game PC's, how many times did JP comment that just 1 more second of pass protection on this or that particular play would have resulted in a huge gain / TD - several times..

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Great post man. I agree about the possibility of Walker at guard instead of tackle. I also like your point about size - for those that watch the post game PC's, how many times did JP comment that just 1 more second of pass protection on this or that particular play would have resulted in a huge gain / TD - several times..

So true, I didnt think about that. Losman did talk about being a second short over and over.

kgun12
03-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Where are you again?

Its the old axiom, people tend to be their own problems.

Why are you looking for acceptance as a Fins fan on a Bills board again?

Maybe the one of the best post ever!!! :bf1:

Mitchy moo
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Your team is going no where, fast.

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Maybe the one of the best post ever!!! :bf1:

Im drunk, enjoy.

Thanks though.

jmb1099
03-02-2007, 11:47 PM
How's the fins free agency going...

The Spaz
03-02-2007, 11:52 PM
How's the fins free agency going...

Ask Cleo Lemon...lol

jmb1099
03-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Ask Cleo Lemon...lol
Who????

The Spaz
03-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Who????

Exactly...lol

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:44 AM

let's hear your opinion.you won't get banned.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2007, 04:48 AM

if that's the case, than it looks as though the Golden Boys are looking at JP as their Franchise QB!!!

That is freakin' awesome - I want a Losman throwback jersey - seeing as how it's the offseason, I should be able to find one on sale somewhere - I think I'll go to Sportsfan tomorrow.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Ask Cleo Lemon...lol

Didn't they cut him?

that was dumb.

He was certainly no worse than anyone else on their roster.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 06:13 AM
I'll play devil's advocate, just for the hell of it....

So ask yourself, why size? Well, I think we saw how potent the long ball could be on this team with Losman to Evans last year. I think we feel Evans is a long ball guy, hes not a possession type. He can catch it short, but his size limits his ability to fight for the ball. I think we see that hes a guy who beats guys and then scores. Signing Steinbach may make us better, yes it probably would have. But there is a risk that he could become overpowered at times. Dockery, on the other hand, is the same size as most of your bigger DL. I think Fairchild sees that JP needs that extra time to take advantage of our strength in the pass game which is the long ball.

Let's not overlook the point that opposing d's stacked the run last year, and left the wideouts room to run. If that strategy changes, the deep ball won't be there as much, and Dockery and Walker's size isn't going to help Evans' ability to fight for the ball once it's in the air.

These additions better make Buffalo one of the upper-echelon running teams in the league, no excuses.

Walker at the very least is an upgrade at RG, RT? well I dont see why they would do this considering Pennington has looked decent. I think he may very well go to RG. Again, the size matters.

Walker better be a guard....I'd rather see he and Pennington manning the right side than a Preston/Walker duo. If Walker is here for RT, we better pray Oakland's problems were more from the OC than anything else.

Nice post, JP.