X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

What I'd like to see now

I like the signings today. I think Dockery next to Peters will make a very strong left side, and then a fight at LG between Preston (who I think played well, at least better then that turnstile Vilarrial) and Butler (raw but mean) will be interesting next to Walker.

To build upon this I would actually like to see Marv continue picking up free agents on the offensive side of the ball. I would like to see Drew Bennett brought in and signed. I know he has had injury issues the last couple of years and that is a risk, but he would make a great number 2 next to Evans. Then I would like them to address the RB issue in two parts, sign a free agent, resigning Thomas wouldn't be a bad idea, then grab a RB in the 2nd Round. I also wouldn't be crying if we traded McGahee for a 3rd round pick and another later round pick. Also if the price is right for Spikes I would trade him, probably a 2nd rounder would do it for me. I say this because I remember how slow Cowart was when he blew out his achilles and was never the same. I guess better to get something rather than nothing.

With those added picks I would like to see Marv focus on Defense again during the draft, with the exception of using a 2nd rounder on a RB. I think Willis is a beast, but I also think we could drop a few spots, pick up more a couple more picks and still get him around 18-22. Just a feeling, but I'm all for the idea of acquiring as many picks as possible. I like Mike Bush from Louisville, broken leg and all as a 2nd round pick. Something here reminds me of the Thurman Thomas situation back in 88. I think if we focus free agency on the offense, then draft for the defense we could be building something here.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: What I'd like to see now

The only other offensive FA I'd bring in at this point is Travis Henry. From there, maybe try to add Ian Scott and/or Nick Harper. The rest = draft.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by historypete
      I like the signings today. I think Dockery next to Peters will make a very strong left side, and then a fight at LG between Preston (who I think played well, at least better then that turnstile Vilarrial) and Butler (raw but mean) will be interesting next to Walker.

To build upon this I would actually like to see Marv continue picking up free agents on the offensive side of the ball. I would like to see Drew Bennett brought in and signed. I know he has had injury issues the last couple of years and that is a risk, but he would make a great number 2 next to Evans. Then I would like them to address the RB issue in two parts, sign a free agent, resigning Thomas wouldn't be a bad idea, then grab a RB in the 2nd Round. I also wouldn't be crying if we traded McGahee for a 3rd round pick and another later round pick. Also if the price is right for Spikes I would trade him, probably a 2nd rounder would do it for me. I say this because I remember how slow Cowart was when he blew out his achilles and was never the same. I guess better to get something rather than nothing.

With those added picks I would like to see Marv focus on Defense again during the draft, with the exception of using a 2nd rounder on a RB. I think Willis is a beast, but I also think we could drop a few spots, pick up more a couple more picks and still get him around 18-22. Just a feeling, but I'm all for the idea of acquiring as many picks as possible. I like Mike Bush from Louisville, broken leg and all as a 2nd round pick. Something here reminds me of the Thurman Thomas situation back in 88. I think if we focus free agency on the offense, then draft for the defense we could be building something here.
      I agree, I think we are doing the right thing to fix the O first because it will help our D more than attempting to address the D first simply because now with this extra added bulk on the line, we should be able to sustain more drives which will lead to a more rested D as a game progresses - I wanna see us get 1 defensive FA (hopefully a LB) and then draft the rest for Defense.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

it's been 7 years and about damn time they address the OL
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

poor sab - can't bring anything to the table.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
          X