PDA

View Full Version : I carry the "Homer" tag proudly

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2007, 10:53 PM
For the last week, the people that did not rip apart the Bills front office for every move they made got called homers. We were told we were not thinking. We were told we had our head up our collective asses. We were told we were not as smart as others and that we did not have the knowledge of others. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
However, most of us only asked that the FO be given some time, at least until free agency started to be evaluated. But that was not good enough. *****ing, complaining, whining, and blind criticism ensued. There was no defense for ANYTHING the Bills front office did. Marv was clueless and a puppet. Marv was cheap. <o:p></o:p>
Now, after today, that has been shot down. With the signings along the O-line, it appears as if a former weakness might be a strength. We have two new starters, maybe a 3rd (who will at least be a new reserve with experience). Guys like Merz, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Butler</st1:City>, Pennington and <st1:place w:st="on">Preston</st1:place> will now be fighting for roster spots, not only starting jobs. The losers are out of work and the winner can start. If you fall in-between, congrats: you are a back-up and/or a gameday inactive.<o:p></o:p>
The signing of Kelsay now looks great. With these fixes on the O-line signed, there was no way to find a new DE. So Marv did what he could do; keep Kelsay here.
Now the Bills need to find a LB, DT, CB and RB. The great news is that they will have 3-4 day one picks and probably one more FA signing. With the potential Willis trade, they will have the room for one more FA. Not a great player, but somebody that can work out. Drafting a guy like Willis in round one followed by Bush would be great. Or switch it and go Lynch/Silar.
However it is done, Marv and crew (including Ralph) deserve and A+ for day #1 of Free Agency. All claims of Ralph’s “cheapness” should be flushed down the toilet. Claims that the Bills won’t sign anybody who has a name is likewise worthless.
I will not proclaim this team ready for a Super Bowl victory. They are not. But today was a big day in that direction. The Bills did something under Marv they would not do under TD; they eschewed the fans advice and signed important players instead of big names. And for that I give them major props.
Thank you Marv. Thank you Ralph. Thank you John Guy. I am ready for the rest of FA and for the draft. And I look forward to planting my ass in Ralph Wilson Stadium at least 10 times next year (2 pre-season, 8 regular season, ?? playoff) times next year.
The “Homer”,
Dr. Lecter

The Spaz
03-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm a homer too damn it and proud!!:up::beers:

SABURZFAN
03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
:popcorn:

X-Era
03-02-2007, 10:59 PM
For the last week, the people that did not rip apart the Bills front office for every move they made got called homers. We were told we were not thinking. We were told we had our head up our collective asses. We were told we were not as smart as others and that we did not have the knowledge of others. <o:p></o:p>
However, most of us only asked that the FO be given some time, at least until free agency starter to be evaluated. But that was not good enough. *****ing, complaining, whining, and blind criticism ensued. There was no defense for ANYTHING the Bills front office did. Marv was clueless and a puppet. Marv was cheap. <o:p></o:p>
Now, after today, that has been shot down. With the signings along the O-line, it appears as if a former weakness might be a strength. We have two new starters, maybe a 3rd (who will at least be a new reserve with experience). Guys like Merz, <st1:city w:st="on">Butler</st1:city>, Pennington and <st1:place w:st="on">Preston</st1:place> will now be fighting for roster spots, not only starting jobs. The losers are out of work and the winner can start. If you fall in-between, congrats: you are a back-up and/or a gameday inactive.<o:p></o:p>
The signing of Kelsay now looks great. With these fixes on the O-line signed, there was no way to find a new DE. So Marv did what he could do; keep Kelsay here.
<o:p> </o:p>
Now the Bills need to find a LB, DT, CB and RB. The great news is that they will have 3-4 day one picks and probably one more FA signing. With the potential Willis trade, they will have the room for one more FA. Not a great player, but somebody that can work out. Drafting a guy like Willis in round one followed by Bush would be great. Or switch it and go Lynch/Silar.
However it is done, Marv and crew (including Ralph) deserve and A+ for day #1 of Free Agency. All claims of Ralph’s “cheapness” should be flushed down the toilet. Claims that the Bills won’t sign anybody who has a name is likewise worthless.
I will not proclaim this team ready for a Super Bowl victory. They are not. But today was a big day in that direction. The Bills did something under Marv they would not do under TD; the eschewed the fans advice and signed important players instead of big names. And for that I give them major props.
Thank you Marv. Thank you Ralph. Thank you John Guy. I am ready for the rest of FA and for the draft. And I look forward to planting my ass in Ralph Wilson Stadium at least 10 times next year (2 pre-season, 8 regular season, ?? playoff) times next year.
The “Homer”,
Dr. Lecter

Sorry but your thread was much more "Bills fan" than homer in my mind!

A "homer" would clam that Sage Rosen-clown is our stud QB.

A "homer" would be obsessed with losing our own in Clements and Fletch,

gr8slayer
03-02-2007, 10:59 PM
HOMERS UNITE!

Coach Sal
03-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Great job, Doc!

Philagape
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I will not proclaim this team ready for a Super Bowl victory. They are not.

Hater! Quit bringing the board down!

SABURZFAN
03-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Great job, Doc!

Lecter has a job????? :shocked:

Michael82
03-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Excellent post, Dr. Lecter! I'm proud to be a homer too.

:bf1:

The Spaz
03-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Excellent post, Dr. Lecter! I'm proud to be a homer too.

Except when you rip the team for resiging players...lol

Michael82
03-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Except when you rip the team for resiging players...lol
Huh? I didn't rip the team for re-signing Kelsay or the other guys. I didn't like the Anderson signing, but I realize that it's just a one year thing. And I also question the Williams signing because he was on the inactive list most of the year, but overall I like what Marv has done.

Meathead
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
youse all our *****es now :rockout:

jmb1099
03-02-2007, 11:52 PM
considering the conservative approach we took last year, this has to be a shock for just about everyone. I haven't been this excited about free agency in a long time. If these guys pan out the way they should we could be in for an exciting year.
Lets get a running back with heart, a real second receiver, an explosive lb, and a decent corner and making the playoffs should be a reality.

clumping platelets
03-02-2007, 11:57 PM
:homer:

patmoran2006
03-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Nerds
haha

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Im not sure I quite understand what the point of this is, but more power to ya I guess...

The Answer
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
The Answer will never understand the homer species - why settle for mediocrity year after year?

At some point as a devoted, hardcore fan you have to demand playoff births and division titles.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 03:02 PM
The Answer will never understand the homer species - why settle for mediocrity year after year?

At some point as a devoted, hardcore fan you have to demand playoff births and division titles.

~The Answer

Dr.Lecter does not understand how The Answer thinks that is what was said.

ddaryl
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
been a Buffalo homer since before I was born, and well after I moved away. There is no cure, I am what I am.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Dr.Lecter does not understand how The Answer thinks that is what was said.

I think he means;

Kelsay, Shaud, Anderson, Thomas, Thomas =No Playoffs/Mediocrity

You cheer those signings, therefor you dont care about winning and are happy with mediocrity. Interesting logic that has a point, but I dont think he is completely correct.

The Answer
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I think he means;

Kelsay, Shaud, Anderson, Thomas, Thomas =No Playoffs/Mediocrity

You cheer those signings, therefor you dont care about winning and are happy with mediocrity. Interesting logic that has a point, but I dont think he is completely correct.

Precisely - The Answer refuses to be a homer and settle for a lackluster product on the football field. The Answer also refuses to support the front office when they make bad move after bad move.

The Answer demands division titles and championships and is sick of saying 'well there's always next year'.

~The Answer

madness
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM

~The Answer

You mean we get to demand playoff births and division titles? Where do I sign up for this? What do we get in return if they do not meet my demands? Oh wait... nothing? So you mean I can stomp my feat, beat my chest and pout all I want and it doesn't do a single damn thing? So basically if I don't like how the organization is run my other option is to find another team?

Well, I'm not going to ***** and whine over something I have NO control of since my parents taught me better then that and I'm not going to root for another team so I guess that makes me a...

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:15 PM
You mean we get to demand playoff births and division titles? Where do I sign up for this? What do we get in return if they do not meet my demands? Oh wait... nothing? So you mean I can stomp my feat, beat my chest and pout all I want and it doesn't do a single damn thing? So basically if I don't like how the organization is run my other option is to find another team?

Well, I'm not going to ***** and whine over something I have NO control of since my parents taught me better then that and I'm not going to root for another team so I guess that makes me a...

Ummm....yes you get to demand winning and the best, what the hell is the point of being a fan if you dont want to win it all? Yes you have every god given right to *****, moan, complain, cry, cheer, and yell at our organization till we win the Super Bowl. What the hell is wrong with you? Dont want to demand a playoff birth...sad

ddaryl
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM

~The Answer

wow this is so simple even a cave man can figure it out.

It's a form of entertainment, and most of us don't allow ourselves to get bent out of shape. I would love a playoff team, and I feel we will get there, but I would rather not goto the playoffs and build a superbowl champion worthy team over the long haul rather then try to make quick fixes in hopes of making the playoffs in the short run for the simple sake of saying we were in the playoffs, only to watch our team get purged do to salary cap problems and aginng veterans losing steps before we ever contend for a Superbowl.

We're in the Marv Ball era, and he is going to fill the team with players that will be playing together for 3 - 5 years building team chemistry and team experience with a majority of the team entering its prime together.

Donahue didn't work out, we had to purge his bad blood, we can blame Wilson or whoever you want, but it doesn't change the facts that we are rebuilding this team in Marv's image, and I'm OK with this.

Clements was out of our price range and was overpaid, Fletcher is getting too old and wouldn't be our MLB when we do finally get a Superbowl worthy team together. Other then those 2 players this year were the same team as last season, and moving ahead.

In other words the playoffs mean nothing to me if we don't have a team that is 100% truly capable of domination and Superbowl victory. We could have kept Fletcher, Clements and Mcgahee and it would not have us ready for a Superbowl victory in 2007. We would have lost Mcgahee in 2008 regardless, and his 990 yards are easily replaced. Fletcher would be older and slower in 2008. Clements would have been a nice luxury but not at 80 mil.

I'm not giddy but I don't see the doom and gloom a few you negative nancies can't help but post over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... and over and over..... again

madness
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Ummm....yes you get to demand winning and the best, what the hell is the point of being a fan if you dont want to win it all? Yes you have every god given right to *****, moan, complain, cry, cheer, and yell at our organization till we win the Super Bowl. What the hell is wrong with you? Dont want to demand a playoff birth...sad

I'm going to go outside and demand 70 degree weather 24/7. I'll let you guys know how I do. On second thought, maybe I'll just find a message board about weather to *****, moan, complain on.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm going to go outside and demand 70 degree weather 24/7. I'll let you guys know how I do. On second thought, maybe I'll just find a message board about weather to *****, moan, complain on.

Hey you want to sit back and be a passive fan thats fine, but personally Im invested into this team and as with anything I invest in (the weather is not one of them) I demand only the best, and I expect to get it. If its not working then yes I demand change. I applaud the investment when it does well, and ***** and moan when it fails. This isnt a hard concept.

ddaryl
03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey you want to sit back and be a passive fan thats fine, but personally Im invested into this team and as with anything I invest in (the weather is not one of them) I demand only the best, and I expect to get it. If its not working then yes I demand change. I applaud the investment when it does well, and ***** and moan when it fails. This isnt a hard concept.

it's not a hard concept, just an ungodly annoying one.

You can ***** all you want it means nothing to those making the decision. Marv isn't listening to you, he has confidence in his people and his vision and that is all he is going to work towards.

we're all invested into this team. I view it as entertiainment, and hope to see an improving team, but the fact remains marv is rebuilding the team in his image and that wasn't going to happen in 2 years.

DraftBoy
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
it's not a hard concept, just an ungodly annoying one.

You can ***** all you want it means nothing to those making the decision. Marv isn't listening to you, he has confidence in his people and his vision and that is all he is going to work towards.

we're all invested into this team. I view it as entertiainment, and hope to see an improving team, but the fact remains marv is rebuilding the team in his image and that wasn't going to happen in 2 years.

Atleast you get it, but I do disagree you can make those making the decisions here you, but you really dont want to go down that road. This change wasnt going to happen in 1, 2, pr 3 years. We likely wont make a playoff run till 08, and be real contenders till 09. If everything stays the course. People are going to ***** the whole way but they got that right. Whats worse constant criticism, or constant blind agreement?

Night Train
03-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I demand only the best, and I expect to get it.

Stand in line, DB.

I remember walking out of the Rockpile endzone as a grade school kid in 1967 and shaking hands with Mike Stratton and Tom Sestak as they ruffled my hair and asked me what position I wanted to play as I grew up. They weren't football players... they were GODS! I've been a regular at home games ever since.

I've wanted to win longer than your parents and it never changes. I also understand it's a game and know how to enjoy it on many levels the youth of today could never understand.

We're getting better and my enthusiasm for this team will never be altered.

The Answer
03-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Do as you please - glad to know people are content throwing their hard earned money away on tickets and merchandise while the front office refuses to adapt to the changing landscape of the NFL and field a winning team.

~The Answer

casdhf
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd rather have a 3rd string scrub that knows the system and area than a slightly better 3rd string scrub that would have to learn everything from scratch.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Precisely - The Answer refuses to be a homer and settle for a lackluster product on the football field. The Answer also refuses to support the front office when they make bad move after bad move.

The Answer demands division titles and championships and is sick of saying 'well there's always next year'.

~The Answer

The problem with the Answer is that he does not realize that all teams have marginal NFL players (i.e. Shaud Williams) on their rosters. That is why they are 3rd string.

LtBillsFan66
03-13-2007, 08:40 PM
For the last week, the people that did not rip apart the Bills front office for every move they made got called homers. We were told we were not thinking. We were told we had our head up our collective asses. We were told we were not as smart as others and that we did not have the knowledge of others. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
However, most of us only asked that the FO be given some time, at least until free agency started to be evaluated. But that was not good enough. *****ing, complaining, whining, and blind criticism ensued. There was no defense for ANYTHING the Bills front office did. Marv was clueless and a puppet. Marv was cheap. <o:p></o:p>
Now, after today, that has been shot down. With the signings along the O-line, it appears as if a former weakness might be a strength. We have two new starters, maybe a 3rd (who will at least be a new reserve with experience). Guys like Merz, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Butler</st1:City>, Pennington and <st1:place w:st="on">Preston</st1:place> will now be fighting for roster spots, not only starting jobs. The losers are out of work and the winner can start. If you fall in-between, congrats: you are a back-up and/or a gameday inactive.<o:p></o:p>
I will not proclaim this team ready for a Super Bowl victory. They are not. But today was a big day in that direction. The Bills did something under Marv they would not do under TD; they eschewed the fans advice and signed important players instead of big names. And for that I give them major props.
The “Homer”,
Dr. Lecter

The Answer
03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
The problem with the Answer is that he does not realize that all teams have marginal NFL players (i.e. Shaud Williams) on their rosters. That is why they are 3rd string.

The Answer is fully aware of this - can't have all pros at every position. The problem with this team is that the front office and coaching staff thinks that marginal NFL players and quality starters are the same thing.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
The Answer is fully aware of this - can't have all pros at every position. The problem with this team is that the front office and coaching staff thinks that marginal NFL players and quality starters are the same thing.

~The Answer

There's only 2 players on the Bills that I would consider superstars...

One made a below average QB look average and the other is a punter.

Statman
03-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I guess that much of this discussion is dependent upon whether or not one thinks that the "voice of the fans" can have an affect.

For those thinking yes, and it's a tough argument to the contrary, then speaking out against the lack of competence demonstrated in the Bills organization can have an impact.

Fans supporting the mediocrity and incompetence merely encourage more of it.

Not saying 'no' is just like saying 'yes.'

G. Host
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Better being a Homer than being a Chuck Dickerson imitator meaning being old, cranky, cynical, vindictive and a dick even if most of the imitators are not old and are dick-less.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I guess that much of this discussion is dependent upon whether or not one thinks that the "voice of the fans" can have an affect.

For those thinking yes, and it's a tough argument to the contrary, then speaking out against the lack of competence demonstrated in the Bills organization can have an impact.

Fans supporting the mediocrity and incompetence merely encourage more of it.

Not saying 'no' is just like saying 'yes.'

Nobody supports "mediocrity and incompetence". Some people may disagree with you, but we all want and expect this team to win.

To say otherwise reaks of conceit of one's own knowledge and opinions.

LtFinFan66
03-14-2007, 06:27 AM
My name is Dan and I am a homer:homer:

HI DAN!! Welcome!!:homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: :homer: