• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthwesternFan
    Junior Zoner
    • Feb 2007

Raiders fans on Langston Walker

"He was our starting RT last year and he sucked. He allowed 10.75 sacks last season as a full time starter. He was horrible at picking up the blitz and defenders often would just run right past him with their speed. He was one of the major reason why our OL was so horrible. Along with his in ability to be an effective blocker he also have 5 false starts and 3 holding penalties. I am very happy that we was not resigned by the Raiders."

Sounds like a real gem Marv.
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: Raiders fans on Langston Walker

They had a hotel manager coaching their offense. Barry Simms, Jake Grove, and Robert Gallery were supposed to be good, but all sucked as well.

Worst offense ever.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

It was a Bed and Breakfast owner/small-town mayor. Raiders suck. Hopefully LW turns it around here.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
        • Jan 2007

He has been penciled in as the starting RT, but I have a feeling he might end up at guard.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I blame the coaching staff. Plus, look at who he was next to. A first year bum named Kevin Boothe.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Mikey82
            I blame the coaching staff. Plus, look at who he was next to. A first year bum named Kevin Boothe.
            Boothe was their best lineman, actually. A rare, young bright spot for the Raiders' offense.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
              Boothe was their best lineman, actually. A rare, young bright spot for the Raiders' offense.
              oh...then maybe he had a bad year?

look who he was blocking for. Two bums.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

I can hear the statments of him being a "young and up and coming player"

10.5 sacks allowed is only worth 25 million? Sweet. Good job Marv. Oh wait. That isn't Marv's job to set the money for a player along with everything else according to his press conference.

Quit tring to blame it on the Raiders coaching staff. That was only one year and he wasn't any good long before that even with Gruden. Our offensive line wasn't any better and even a rookie in Pennington didn't give up 10.5 sacks.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  oh...then maybe he had a bad year?

look who he was blocking for. Two bums.
                  Lamont Jordan isn't no bum. He had big years before this one. It's guys like Langston Walker which makes him look like a bum.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                    Lamont Jordan isn't no bum. He had big years before this one. It's guys like Langston Walker which makes him look like a bum.
                    Please..Lamont Jordan proved he was a change-of-pace back. Nothing more.

Comment

• theanswer74
                      • Apr 2004

I can hear the statments of him being a "young and up and coming player"

10.5 sacks allowed is only worth 25 million? Sweet. Good job Marv. Oh wait. That isn't Marv's job to set the money for a player along with everything else according to his press conference.

Quit tring to blame it on the Raiders coaching staff. That was only one year and he wasn't any good long before that even with Gruden. Our offensive line wasn't any better and even a rookie in Pennington didn't give up 10.5 sacks.
                      Both OT's gave up 10 sacks, the Center gave up 8 sacks. The coaching staff was terrible. The OC was running a bed and breakfast.

These guys arent that bad. Their offense had their QB's taking deep drops every play. It was a predictable offense.

The Bills dont look at stats inc, they look at the film. They saw something in him. Just be happy we have a lot of competition at the RT spot right now.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

Oh give me a break - Lamont Jordan will never be anything other than a 2nd string back in this league.

He looked good against us last time we played the raiders because Mularkey is an idiot.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                          Please..Lamont Jordan proved he was a change-of-pace back. Nothing more.
                          I was just thinking the same thing - I didn't get to your post yet when I posted a response to the same post.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• realdealryan
                            realdealrex
                            • Nov 2005

So this guy played right tackle? What about the year before when they wasted us? The highlight I watched on NFL Network showed him pulling from the left side to the right and crushing one of our linebackers on a Jordan run. Somehow I have a feeling that we needed guards, and we signed two guards and a guy that can play either G/C/LS.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

I hope you're being sarcastic. Lamont Jordon has never been anything special. He occassionally has a good run here or there, but that's it.

As far as Walker goes with the right staff he will be an absolute monster. No one in Oakland last year was even remotely motivated to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X