PDA

View Full Version : Raiders fans on Langston Walker

NorthwesternFan
03-03-2007, 12:38 AM
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=oak&tid=572554&lid=18

"He was our starting RT last year and he sucked. He allowed 10.75 sacks last season as a full time starter. He was horrible at picking up the blitz and defenders often would just run right past him with their speed. He was one of the major reason why our OL was so horrible. Along with his in ability to be an effective blocker he also have 5 false starts and 3 holding penalties. I am very happy that we was not resigned by the Raiders."

Sounds like a real gem Marv.

theanswer74
03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
They had a hotel manager coaching their offense. Barry Simms, Jake Grove, and Robert Gallery were supposed to be good, but all sucked as well.

Worst offense ever.

Carlton Bailey
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
It was a Bed and Breakfast owner/small-town mayor. Raiders suck. Hopefully LW turns it around here.

Talk0fNewYork
03-03-2007, 01:02 AM
He has been penciled in as the starting RT, but I have a feeling he might end up at guard.

Michael82
03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
I blame the coaching staff. Plus, look at who he was next to. A first year bum named Kevin Boothe. :ill:

Carlton Bailey
03-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I blame the coaching staff. Plus, look at who he was next to. A first year bum named Kevin Boothe. :ill:

Boothe was their best lineman, actually. A rare, young bright spot for the Raiders' offense.

Michael82
03-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Boothe was their best lineman, actually. A rare, young bright spot for the Raiders' offense.
oh...then maybe he had a bad year? :idunno:

look who he was blocking for. Two bums. :::

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 03:00 AM
I can hear the statments of him being a "young and up and coming player"

10.5 sacks allowed is only worth 25 million? Sweet. Good job Marv. Oh wait. That isn't Marv's job to set the money for a player along with everything else according to his press conference.

Quit tring to blame it on the Raiders coaching staff. That was only one year and he wasn't any good long before that even with Gruden. Our offensive line wasn't any better and even a rookie in Pennington didn't give up 10.5 sacks.

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 03:00 AM
oh...then maybe he had a bad year? :idunno:

look who he was blocking for. Two bums. :::

Lamont Jordan isn't no bum. He had big years before this one. It's guys like Langston Walker which makes him look like a bum.

Buffalogic
03-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Lamont Jordan isn't no bum. He had big years before this one. It's guys like Langston Walker which makes him look like a bum.
Please..Lamont Jordan proved he was a change-of-pace back. Nothing more.

theanswer74
03-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I can hear the statments of him being a "young and up and coming player"

10.5 sacks allowed is only worth 25 million? Sweet. Good job Marv. Oh wait. That isn't Marv's job to set the money for a player along with everything else according to his press conference.

Quit tring to blame it on the Raiders coaching staff. That was only one year and he wasn't any good long before that even with Gruden. Our offensive line wasn't any better and even a rookie in Pennington didn't give up 10.5 sacks.

Both OT's gave up 10 sacks, the Center gave up 8 sacks. The coaching staff was terrible. The OC was running a bed and breakfast.

These guys arent that bad. Their offense had their QB's taking deep drops every play. It was a predictable offense.

The Bills dont look at stats inc, they look at the film. They saw something in him. Just be happy we have a lot of competition at the RT spot right now.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2007, 04:01 AM

Oh give me a break - Lamont Jordan will never be anything other than a 2nd string back in this league.

He looked good against us last time we played the raiders because Mularkey is an idiot.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Please..Lamont Jordan proved he was a change-of-pace back. Nothing more.

I was just thinking the same thing - I didn't get to your post yet when I posted a response to the same post.

realdealryan
03-03-2007, 04:39 AM
So this guy played right tackle? What about the year before when they wasted us? The highlight I watched on NFL Network showed him pulling from the left side to the right and crushing one of our linebackers on a Jordan run. Somehow I have a feeling that we needed guards, and we signed two guards and a guy that can play either G/C/LS.

jmb1099
03-03-2007, 04:57 AM
I hope you're being sarcastic. Lamont Jordon has never been anything special. He occassionally has a good run here or there, but that's it.

As far as Walker goes with the right staff he will be an absolute monster. No one in Oakland last year was even remotely motivated to play.

jmb1099
03-03-2007, 05:01 AM
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=oak&tid=572554&lid=18

"He was our starting RT last year and he sucked. He allowed 10.75 sacks last season as a full time starter. He was horrible at picking up the blitz and defenders often would just run right past him with their speed. He was one of the major reason why our OL was so horrible. Along with his in ability to be an effective blocker he also have 5 false starts and 3 holding penalties. I am very happy that we was not resigned by the Raiders."

Sounds like a real gem Marv.
You are a real gem. So in order to grind whatever axe you have with Levy you go over to the ESPN fan boards and hand pick some comments by some royaly pissed off raiders fans...yeah you're legit.

Sportsuser101
03-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Let me explain something to the clueless. When your team has the #1 pick in the draft it means that your team is losing in most games. When you have Justin Fargas starting most of the year it means you have no running game. Combine those 2 and defensive ends are just pinning their ears back and going after the quarerback. It's 1 thing to look at stats but its another thing to look as to how they got those stats. That's why we are not talent evaluators because most of you guys just look at stats and state an opinion on that. You need to look deeper into the stats unless of course you watched him specifically the whole year which none of us here have done.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 05:55 AM
I hope we signed Walker to play guard, not tackle.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Let's be honest here, how many times has anyone said that an offensive lineman is good? Most of the time it is all about them sucking.

patmoran2006
03-03-2007, 07:53 AM
im not going to blast Walker yet, because that entire team was awful and the earlier poster was right in regards that when you have NO RUNNING game, DE's can just pin their ears back.

I will say this though; fromwhat I've heard from several people, Walker played really really bad last year.

I'm also hoping we got him to play RG.. but Im thinking that they got him to take over RT. That does scare me. I guess we'l have to see.. 25 mill is some pretty big cash; i hope he can play.. Its real hard for me to judge a player based on what he did for the raiders

HHURRICANE
03-03-2007, 08:02 AM
I hope we signed Walker to play guard, not tackle.

Everybody forgets he played well as a Guard. The media isn't treating him like he sucks either. He got thrown back to tackle because of Gallery. You don't promote guys to Tackle after they suck at Guard.

I will say this. This move could go either way. However, the guy is durable and huge. If McNally can't get this guy to play than he can ride on the same bus out of here.

NorthCarBills
03-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Looking back at my 2006 Pro Sports Weekly NFL Preview magazine, Walker was listed on the Raiders' roster as OG/OT. I cross referenced that with other teams' rosters, and there were not that many who had that type of listing. Most were strictly OT or OG.

So, here's hoping he's penciled in to start at RG and Pennington keeps the RT position, unless we draft a Levi Brown or add another FA to compete.

Philagape
03-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I'd be nervous with him at RT, but from everything I've read, G is his natural position. As with all our moves, I'll wait and see how they pan out before cheering or *****ing. Nothing matters now.

Don't Panic
03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Looking back at my 2006 Pro Sports Weekly NFL Preview magazine, Walker was listed on the Raiders' roster as OG/OT. I cross referenced that with other teams' rosters, and there were not that many who had that type of listing. Most were strictly OT or OG.

So, here's hoping he's penciled in to start at RG and Pennington keeps the RT position, unless we draft a Levi Brown or add another FA to compete.

I think he's definitely here to play RG. Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Walker, Pennington/Butler/? from left to right. Still not stellar, but much improved. Although I'd like to see the young guys develop, I also wouldn't mind seeing a certain tackle from penn St. get his number called at #12, especially if we can plug CB and LB in free agency.

CavemanRaider
03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
as a raider fan, i would like you all to know...this guy is basically..trash. he didnt suck quite as bad at guard, but he has slow feet, and...you have some good DE's in your division. jason taylor V LW = losman on his back. lamont is inconsistant, but he did put up over 1500 yards in 05, and his career YPG> mcgahee's. anyway, we had a mobile QB who got away from about...10 sacks in 8 games, and at least 5 of those potential sacks came from LW. i am truley sorry for your loss...adding a negative is still a loss people.

CavemanRaider
03-03-2007, 06:04 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-772647811811378185&q=oakland+raiders

mysticsoto
03-03-2007, 06:18 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-772647811811378185&q=oakland+raiders

To be honest, I didn't see anything in this video which would make me reconsider his signing. I thought as a whole, the Oline looked badly coached. Much of the pressure seemed to come from the left side, away from Walker. Also, in one play, Walker seemed to be playing RG and when after the snap, the Center quickly took off to the left to help the LG...the DT was then able to run around Walker b'cse of the vast space left by the Center leaving his position.

I seriously think alot of the Oline woes from the Raiders were due to bad coaching and will look foward to seeing Walker in TC to see how he looks. If McNally can fix little things here and there for the guy, he might actually turn out to be okay...

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Walker has been in this league longer then 1 season. How about the other 5 seasons? He couldn't even crack the starting lineup in them seasons or get any playing time unless they had no choice.

Quit the homerness. Did most of you guys even know who he was before we signed him? Just because it's the Bills he is an up and coming player and it was everybody's else fault he sucked.

Just like all the trash we signed last year. Price, Reed, Reyes, Royal and Fowler. The same people talked about how Price was in a bad situation in Atlanta and Dallas. Reed was "improving" from a couple years back. Reyes was up and coming and obviously wasn't that bad because he played on the Panthers line. They just wanted to go younger. Royal was a better receiver then he showed in Washington. They just didn't use him much in that role.

Them were all the junk homeristic excuses we heard last year. If Walker would've been signed for about 3 million a year it would've been a decent no risk signing.

Walker is making more then Jason Peters as a RT. He is only making 2 million a year less then Bryant McKinnie and he is a LT not a RT.

You can try and make every excuse you want for Walker. There are many players on bad teams that still produce. The Bills line, team and offense was terrible 2 years ago and Jason Peters still didn't give up 10.5 sacks a year.

Anybody who would think that signing a RT for 5 million a year who only started 6 games his first 5 years and when he did start last year because there wasn't anybody else he gave up 10.5 sacks and has never accomplished anything or had any success is thinking like a homer.

It's the same talk last year about all the trash we overpaid for and how the same people thought them guys were up and coming. This isn't being negative it's just seeing things clearly and not without rose colored glasses.

Yep, Walker will be a monster when he hasn't done a damn thing in 6 years excpet give up a ton of sacks everytime he played. You can blame it on anything you want but it's his job to block the DE lined up next to him and he got beat badly most of the time.

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
For 5 million a year he better turn out OK and not "hope he might actually turn out to be OK"

Walker was a non-factor long before Art Shell came around for 1 season. What about the other 5 years that he sucked in? Who's fault was that? He was with Gruden for a few years and couldn't amount to anything either.

To be honest, I didn't see anything in this video which would make me reconsider his signing. I thought as a whole, the Oline looked badly coached. Much of the pressure seemed to come from the left side, away from Walker. Also, in one play, Walker seemed to be playing RG and when after the snap, the Center quickly took off to the left to help the LG...the DT was then able to run around Walker b'cse of the vast space left by the Center leaving his position.

I seriously think alot of the Oline woes from the Raiders were due to bad coaching and will look foward to seeing Walker in TC to see how he looks. If McNally can fix little things here and there for the guy, he might actually turn out to be okay...

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Also, Lamont Jordan had over 1,600 total yards and 11 TD's just two years ago. He's far from the best in the league but he's far from a bum. Don't blame Walker's putrid play on Lamont Jordan.

HHURRICANE
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
as a raider fan, i would like you all to know...this guy is basically..trash. he didnt suck quite as bad at guard, but he has slow feet, and...you have some good DE's in your division. jason taylor V LW = losman on his back. lamont is inconsistant, but he did put up over 1500 yards in 05, and his career YPG> mcgahee's. anyway, we had a mobile QB who got away from about...10 sacks in 8 games, and at least 5 of those potential sacks came from LW. i am truley sorry for your loss...adding a negative is still a loss people.

Maybe you can explain why he sucked so bad that the raiders moved him from Guard to tackle?

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Go here to get Scouts.com's view on Walker.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121406

Mr. Pink
03-03-2007, 08:02 PM
That video makes me feel bad for Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 08:04 PM
That video makes me feel bad for Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter.
Just watching Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks makes me feel sorry for Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter.