You do realize that Dockery got a better deal than Steinbach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

You do realize that Dockery got a better deal than Steinbach?

For all of us saying that we would never go out and sign a Steinbach, well we could have and saved 1.5 million doing it.

Clements: 22 million guaranteed
    Dockery: 18.5 million guaranteed
    Steinbach: 17 million guaranteed

Is Dockery better than Dielman and Steinbach? I'm asking a legit question because I don't know.

I'm not *****ing either because Marv addressed a problem that has kept us out of the playoffs for 7 years. The Jets had no RB and a QB with worst stats than ours but they were ranked high on offense and made it to the playoffs.

For those who subscribe to Defense winning championships, we were never better than 9-7 with the 2nd ranked D.

Everyone should be happy no matter what. I just want to know your thoughts on why Dockery instead of Steinbach?
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: You do realize that Dockery got a better deal than Steinbach?

I think the coaching staff had both of them on their radar, but wanted more of a mauler type and a huge guy who could block for JP and make big holes for the running game up the middle.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Dockery's team rushed for like 400 more yards with a weaker RB, I'll credit the line for that.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
        Dockery's team rushed for like 400 more yards with a weaker RB, I'll credit the line for that.
        EXACTLY!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Im happy with Dockery.

I think Steinbach WANTED to be in Cleveland, I dont think he comes to Buffalo for the same money

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
            and the Bengals threw for about 10 million more yards because they had a real QB.. whats your point?

I like Dockery, but dont make him out to be better than STeinbach, thats stupid

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I think Dockery may be a better fit here - though I don't know that he's as good as Steinbach..

Steinbach (or Dielman for that matter) wasn't coming here anyway, he was always headed to Cleveland, so its a bit of a moot point..

As for Dockery, I applaud Marv and Co., they had the guy in their crosshairs, got him up to Buffalo as his FIRST visit to any team (which was KEY), and got him signed before he left - if they paid a little more than the guy's 'value', then so be it - the important thing is he's a Buffalo Bill now, and will help anchor the oline for a LONG time.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                I think Dockery may be a better fit here - though I don't know that he's as good as Steinbach..

Steinbach (or Dielman for that matter) wasn't coming here anyway, he was always headed to Cleveland, so its a bit of a moot point..

As for Dockery, I applaud Marv and Co., they had the guy in their crosshairs, got him up to Buffalo as his FIRST visit to any team (which was KEY), and got him signed before he left - if they paid a little more than the guy's 'value', then so be it - the important thing is he's a Buffalo Bill now, and will help anchor the oline for a LONG time.
                Excellent post, man!

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  For all of us saying that we would never go out and sign a Steinbach, well we could have and saved 1.5 million doing it.

Clements: 22 million guaranteed
                  Dockery: 18.5 million guaranteed
                  Steinbach: 17 million guaranteed

Is Dockery better than Dielman and Steinbach? I'm asking a legit question because I don't know.

I'm not *****ing either because Marv addressed a problem that has kept us out of the playoffs for 7 years. The Jets had no RB and a QB with worst stats than ours but they were ranked high on offense and made it to the playoffs.

For those who subscribe to Defense winning championships, we were never better than 9-7 with the 2nd ranked D.

Everyone should be happy no matter what. I just want to know your thoughts on why Dockery instead of Steinbach?
                  Oui, Im about to scan this board for free agents only and not open any more of these perpetual contract threads.

Dockery got paid, he got big money, the Bills think hes worth it, weve *****ed about the o-line for years and now we addressed, Im not paying for his contract, Im excited about what we did.

Thats the sum of it, lets move onto whats next.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Can't some just be happy sheeshhh....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I don't care. WE all complained about how TD ignored the OL, I'm not gonna complain now that Marv is paying up the yinyang to make sure JP succeeds.

We just have to upgrade the rb and fb positions and i think the sky's the limit for this O. IMO, TE is not much of a concern. Now royals and Cieslak won't have to worry much about blocking. They can concentrate on catching the balls.

Maybe we already have our no. 2 wr. Maybe Fairchild's limiting the playbook is what prevented one from stepping up
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gil
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        and the Bengals threw for about 10 million more yards because they had a real QB.. whats your point?

I like Dockery, but dont make him out to be better than STeinbach, thats stupid
                        I'm really curious here as to how you can say that anyone suggesting Dockery might be better than Steinbach is "stupid" - have you broken down game film of both of them?

I honestly don't know because LG is not usually a position I pay any attention to on other teams - I know the conventional wisdom is that Steinbach is better, but where do you get that from?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

I don't know.

We probably overpaid a bit. For whatever reason, Marv and the boys decided on Dockery over Stenbach or Deilman. Whether it was because of what they saw, or That the other 2 didnt' want to come here, who knows. Clearly it wasn't about money because we gave Dockery more.

but the bottom line is that it's such a huge upgrade for us no matter what, that we shouldn't be too upset if we overpaid by a million or so, or got the SIGHTLY lesser player. All we need to worry about is Dockery >>>> Gandy.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

On a side note, Dielman isn't leaving Seatle. On another side note, just think what is going through these guy's mind--"you're paying me how much to play a game I love enough to play for free???"

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I'm not gonna complain now that Marv is paying up the yinyang to make sure JP succeeds.
                              So even though it's way early, IN THEORY, JP should have no excuse to make leaps and bounds and possibly be a Pro Bowler next year, especially with the huge gains he made last year with a sub-average line, correct? Forgive the hyperbole, but this is a message board :)

Comment

Working...
                              X