• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

"a couple more", were not done yet folks

Just listen to the BB.com presser. The words rang out clear from Dick Jauron, "were gonna go after a couple more".

What will it be? I think we go LB, maybe even twice. I dont think we want to pay for a young vet CB, when you can start a high draft pick day one. I think that we can get very good LB'ers without spending a ton. Maybe a June for 5 mill per, then another second tier young guy.

Thats what Im thinking.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: "a couple more", were not done yet folks

Before FA, Marv did mention a couple of RFA's.. NO idea who though.

They still need 2-3 FA's, obviously they're done with huge contracts like a Cato June.

I'd like to see them do 3 more deals in FA if possible, it opens up the draft for a lot more possiblities.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

Good luck you guys (no sarcasm.) Just remember the Browns and Cardinals were stated by a lot of people to have had a great free agency last year, but maybe the Bills will prove peeps wrong.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
        Good luck you guys (no sarcasm.) Just remember the Browns and Cardinals were stated by a lot of people to have had a great free agency last year, but maybe the Bills will prove peeps wrong.
        No disagreement, we need to prove it on the field. To be fair, the Cards have underachieved for years, the Browns dont have anywhere near out talent level.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I was impressed with what our coaches did with the mess that they inherited last year. I think they can do better with better talent. At least I hope so.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

A veteran CB is priority one. The LB spot can be filled in the draft if need be (I still truly believe Spikes is staying put), but we have to get a veteran Cover 2 CB in here (Harper) above anything else. I'm dying to know what's going to happen with the McGahee situation. Still praying for a 2nd on that one.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Papa you are a great guy. However, the Bills did bring in young upcoming players. The Cardinals keep falling in love with over priced, "past their prime", RBs. What happened to Cleveland was completely out of their control.

No matter how you slice it our OL got better. How good remains to be seen.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

The only position I would say on offense is maybe WR. So it's definitely going to be working on beefing up the defense now. LB, DT, CB. Of course the draft will be used for that as well.

Jon

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Before FA, Marv did mention a couple of RFA's.. NO idea who though.

They still need 2-3 FA's, obviously they're done with huge contracts like a Cato June.

I'd like to see them do 3 more deals in FA if possible, it opens up the draft for a lot more possiblities.
                  I don't see people knocking down the door for june, I can't even find any visits he has scheduled. He's a cover 2 backer and Indy, Bears, tampa, Buffalo are the only teams who run that system. I could be wrong but if he goes a week without being signed then his price goes down.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

I'd just like to see 2/3 of our biggesy holes at CB-LB-DT filled before the draft. Then worry about things like #2 WR, the RB situation and Takeo.

Comment

• DWhitner20
                      • Mar 2007

I think we'll puruse CB and sign one of Nick Harper, Travis Fisher, or Rod Hood.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

With Shelton gone, I can see the Bills looking for a blocking FB in free agency. Not a big-money deal, but an important signing for them.

Whether or not they trade W.McGahee, I also see them looking for a # 2 RB who could potentially share playing time with a rookie RB that they draft on the first day this year. S.Williams is not going to be that guy, although he could see more playing time on third downs and as a return man. A.Thomas could be that guy, but I could see them bringing in someone else as well if they trade McGahee and are not convinced that they can get "the guy" that they want at RB in this draft.

If K.Thomas doesn't re-sign, I can see the Bills bringing in a vet CB to take over his role as nickle-back and swing-man with McGee. I don't think they will go for big-money here, but would like to get someone who could take over in case Youboty or McGee struggle during the season.

If they trade Spikes, maybe a mid-tier OLB to be a back-up. I think they will target DT, LB and, if they trade McGahee, RB, early in the draft, followed by CB and perhaps WR or LB again (if they trade Spikes), with TE and/or FB and QB coming on Day Two.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          With Shelton gone, I can see the Bills looking for a blocking FB in free agency. Not a big-money deal, but an important signing for them.

Whether or not they trade W.McGahee, I also see them looking for a # 2 RB who could potentially share playing time with a rookie RB that they draft on the first day this year. S.Williams is not going to be that guy, although he could see more playing time on third downs and as a return man. A.Thomas could be that guy, but I could see them bringing in someone else as well if they trade McGahee and are not convinced that they can get "the guy" that they want at RB in this draft.

If K.Thomas doesn't re-sign, I can see the Bills bringing in a vet CB to take over his role as nickle-back and swing-man with McGee. I don't think they will go for big-money here, but would like to get someone who could take over in case Youboty or McGee struggle during the season.

If they trade Spikes, maybe a mid-tier OLB to be a back-up. I think they will target DT, LB and, if they trade McGahee, RB, early in the draft, followed by CB and perhaps WR or LB again (if they trade Spikes), with TE and/or FB and QB coming on Day Two.
                          Heath Evans was released from the Pats. Patrick Pass is out there too. Aarron Shea was released as well.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

A flipper fan that isn't here to dish out insults. Didn't think it was possilbe.

Comment

Working...
                            X