gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:11 PM
According to Sirius

Broncos give up Plummer

Bucs give 4th rounder.

And Dan Wilkinson was traded to Denver for a 6th round pick

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
So now the Bucs have Garcia and the rights to Plummer.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Jesus. Now they are saying that Garcia may not be signing with the Bucs.

RockStar36
03-03-2007, 12:27 PM
And didn't Plummer retire to nix the trade and hose Shannahan yesterday? Or did something new happen?

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
And didn't Plummer retire to nix the trade and hose Shannahan yesterday? Or did something new happen?
Apparently he didn't really retire or has changed his mind. I'm so confused.

RockStar36
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Join the club.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Join the club.
Jesus. Now they are saying they aquired Plummer and may trade him away to someone like the Texans.

Carlton Bailey
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Jesus. Now they are saying they aquired Plummer and may trade him away to someone like the Texans.

The Texans are who should have gotten Plummer in the first place.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok. The draft pick the Bucs gave for Plummer was a conditional draft pick in '08 so if Plummer does decide to retire the Bucs still have the rights to him for the next couple of years if he decides to return.

Still doesn't make sense from a business stand point though.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Garcia now offical

Bucs signed QB Jeff Garcia to an undisclosed contract.
Terms haven't been disclosed, but Garcia was looking for roughly $5 million-per-year. We'd guess that Garcia will make more money than Chris Simms in 2007, which should give him the slight edge to be the Bucs' starter. Garcia and Jon Gruden have long been mutual admirers and Garcia has enjoyed most of his success in a West Coast offense, so it's possible he'll be a top-20 fantasy QB. The signing makes it more likely Tampa will target Calvin Johnson or defensive help in the draft.

Will post Plummer link when available.

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
According to Sirius

Broncos give up Plummer

Bucs give 4th rounder.

And Dan Wilkinson was traded to Denver for Miami's 6th round pickI assume you mean Big Daddy was traded to Denver for DENVERS 6th round pick

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:42 PM
I assume you mean Big Daddy was traded to Denver for DENVERS 6th round pick
grrrr.........

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Getting a 6th round pick for someone that was busting benches is very fine by me. I would've hoped he would've been able to show why he was drafted 1st all those years ago, but it wasn't the case here in Miami. Good luck Big Daddy, at least he was good enough in his situational roles.

I'm use to us giving away draft picks, not getting them, lol.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Bucs acquired quarterback Jake Plummer from the Broncos in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.
The Bucs will sit on Plummer's rights and hope he changes his mind about retirement, then possibly trade him to Houston closer to the draft. Tampa currently has six QBs under contract: Jeff Garcia, Plummer, Luke McCown, Bruce Eugene, Bruce Gradkowski, and Chris Simms, and is in a comfortable place to make a move if he decides to come back. The conditions of the pick are likely based on if and how much Plummer plays for the Bucs this year

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Both

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786694

Elminster
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Getting a 6th round pick for someone that was busting benches is very fine by me. I would've hoped he would've been able to show why he was drafted 1st all those years ago, but it wasn't the case here in Miami. Good luck Big Daddy, at least he was good enough in his situational roles.

I'm use to us giving away draft picks, not getting them, lol.
Bah...you better not draft any QBs in the 6th....maybe there's some sort of blessing on AFC East team's and 6th round QBs...