PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter to sign with 'Fins or Browns?

BILLSROCK1212
03-03-2007, 12:23 PM
That is what Ryan Burr said in the Pulse chat room, we will have to deal with some tough linebackers this year

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:25 PM
That's cool. I don't think he is as big a threat as he used to be though.

RockStar36
03-03-2007, 12:26 PM
He's not. I'd love to see him in Cleveland though. That would really piss off Steeler fans.

HHURRICANE
03-03-2007, 12:26 PM
The way the Dolphins are going on D they will be able to save money on food with the senior discount.

Tatonka
03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
that is funny.. porter with the browns after all the **** he has talked for so many years.. its like when chelious came to the red wings.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
that is funny.. porter with the browns after all the **** he has talked for so many years.. its like when chelious came to the red wings.
Remember the fight before the game a couple years ago?

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
lol this stuff kills me from some fans.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
lol this stuff kills me from some fans.
What stuff?

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2007, 12:42 PM
What stuff?

a person is either the next coming or trash depending on what team signs someone. As mentioned in another thread, a lot of peeps of different fanbases are guilty of this.

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Cracks me up how if the Fins might sign someone he is all of a sudden no good:rofl:

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:43 PM
a person is either the next coming or trash depending on what team signs someone. As mentioned in another thread, a lot of peeps of different fanbases are guilty of this.
Well no matter where he's going you have to admit he's not the force he once was. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take him if I was a 3-4 team.

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Well no matter where he's going you have to admit he's not the force he once was. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take him if I was a 3-4 team.

I agree, the stats don't lie that his production went down last year, but we really need another solid LB in our 3-4, especially another player with some intensity as well.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I agree, the stats don't lie that his production went down last year, but we really need another solid LB in our 3-4, especially another player with some intensity as well.
Hey I don't blame you for wanting the guy, I would take him.

Mr. Pink
03-03-2007, 01:13 PM
If he goes to Cleveland, I'm not sure how him and KII will co-exist lol

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 01:14 PM
If he goes to Cleveland, I'm not sure how him and KII will co-exist lol
lol I forgot about Winslow.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah....but porter has the better career and probably more time left.winslow couldn't carry his Old Man's jock football-wise.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 01:23 PM
The Dols are going to the 3-4? If so, Porter is a good move.

But I don't agree with moving to a 3-4 for them. They don't have the right DE's, and it would almost force them to move JT to OLB.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah....but porter has the better career and probably more time left.winslow couldn't carry his Old Man's jock football-wise.
Never got to see Winslow Sr. play. What's different about them?

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 01:26 PM
We played a hybrid 3-4 this past year

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 01:45 PM
That's right, Capers is a 3-4 guy. Well then, it would be a good move, even if it is for just a few years.

Samphin1
03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I love how there is still this perception that we are an old defense. Kevin Carter is gone, Keith Traylor is gone, we just traded dan Wilkinson for a draft pick. their replacements are youngsters Matt Roth, Fred Evans, Rod Wright and possibly that nut case Manny Wright (I sure hopoe not though). Joey Porter is going to be 30 come week 1, but if you get him for say, three or four years, I think you get return on your invesment...assuming you are in a 3-4 like Miami is.

I don't break the bank for him, but he is certainly a top tier linebacker on the market.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Sam: Miami's defense WAS old, and it WAS good (well, at least for most of last year). The fact that they cut the old guys now makes them young but wholly unproven. Roth has done nothing of note and will be a starter now. You guys keep Holliday, who is still pretty young, but lose the rest of your proven DT's. And Thomas is getting older and worse.

Porter would be an improvement, but I doubt he's enough to get your team back to where it was.

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Sam: Miami's defense WAS old, and it WAS good (well, at least for most of last year). The fact that they cut the old guys now makes them young but wholly unproven. Roth has done nothing of note and will be a starter now. You guys keep Holliday, who is still pretty young, but lose the rest of your proven DT's. And Thomas is getting older and worse.

Porter would be an improvement, but I doubt he's enough to get your team back to where it was.Thomas older(yes), worse :rofl: You have to be ****ing kidding me

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Never got to see Winslow Sr. play. What's different about them?

what's in the helmet.

kgun12
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Cracks me up how if the Fins might sign someone he is all of a sudden no good:rofl:

This is true though! :; Isn't it! :idunno: Just kidding Dan!!!

Carlton Bailey
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Dolphins will still finish fourth in the AFC East with or without Porter. They suck.

!Papacrunk!
03-03-2007, 04:27 PM
And Thomas is getting older and worse.

lol

Thurman34
03-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Porter is not the same explosive LB as he used to,but he is still solid,and id still take him. How old is he now like 31.

jamze132
03-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Porter still has some left in the tank and would be a good pick up for anyone. I just hope from a Bills standpoint, he doesn't fo to the Phins since I would hate to have to play him twice a year.

He would be a good fit in Miami, or hell, anywhere.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 05:51 PM
I know that Zach is a hero to you Dols fans, but he's been considered overrated for years now. And without the (good and) mammoth DT's in front of him, he'll have trouble keeping OG's off of him.

Now on offense is where things REALLY get scary for you guys. You only have 2 guys from last year (Shelton and Carey) and you lost-out on the top OL FA's. You still have an unsettled QB position, and reports are that they're trying to trade McMichael. Now it's possible Ricky's return will put some oomph back in the ground game, but he's 31, and an old 31 at that.

Dolfan984
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I know that Zach is a hero to you Dols fans, but he's been considered overrated for years now. And without the (good and) mammoth DT's in front of him, he'll have trouble keeping OG's off of him.

Now on offense is where things REALLY get scary for you guys. You only have 2 guys from last year (Shelton and Carey) and you lost-out on the top OL FA's. You still have an unsettled QB position, and reports are that they're trying to trade McMichael. Now it's possible Ricky's return will put some oomph back in the ground game, but he's 31, and an old 31 at that.

Ricky Williams : Date of Birth: May 21, 1977

Old 31? Closer to old 29.

Zach started the probowl and lead the league in tackles (or was 2nd I forget) the dude still plays his ass off. It's players like him who can still be very productive in their 30s. Ask Jason Taylor. They said Zach would struggle in a 3-4 in 2005.....well he was good both years IMO. :)