PDA

View Full Version : Pats Courting PR/KR/WR Wes Welker

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
The Patriots are expected to "court" restricted free agent Wes Welker.
Welker, who caught 67 passes in 2006, could take a load off Laurence Maroney in the return game and provide New England with a nice speed-possession target in the slot. He'll cost a second-round pick if signed.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:08 PM
that would be a good hire.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
that would be a good hire.
Not for us it wouldn't be.

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Not sure how I feel about that. I love Welker but a 2nd rounder would be nice but I don't want him on the Pats. DAMMIT!!

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Not for us it wouldn't be.

the thread isn't about the bills :mad:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Not sure how I feel about that. I love Welker but a 2nd rounder would be nice but I don't want him on the Pats. DAMMIT!!

he's a bellycheck type player so it would be worth a 2nd rounder for the Pats.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
The Dolphins would be fools to accept a late-2nd rounder for Welker. That being said...

X-Era
03-03-2007, 01:37 PM
They just keep getting dumber.

So they are going to fess up a 2nd round pick for a guy who strictly a ST'er?

Good call.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Think of Welker as a younger Troy Brown. The Dols BETTER not let him go to the Pats!

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Good call.

I don't think he's just a st'er. Just think who was his OC last year. Boolarkey.

I think if the pats land Welker and people laugh at it. That would qualify for what Dozer wrote in another thread. We don't have the right to laugh at the moves of the team that has owned us for quite sometime now.

X-Era
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't think he's just a st'er. Just think who was his OC last year. Boolarkey.

I think if the pats land Welker and people laugh at it. That would qualify for what Dozer wrote in another thread. We don't have the right to laugh at the moves of the team that has owned us for quite sometime now.

Huh??? Us fans cant laugh at the Pats?

Tough turd, the Pats are pukes and are making laughable moves, laugh on, laugh on.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Huh??? Us fans cant laugh at the Pats?

Tough turd, the Pats are pukes and are making laughable moves, laugh on, laugh on.
not when they still own us. That would be like the finfans laughing at our moves

X-Era
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
not when they still own us. That would be like the finfans laughing at our moves

I spent lots and lots of time crying about our Bills, its about time to laugh at the Pats.

Your respect level for them borders on adoration.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I spent lots and lots of time crying about our Bills, its about time to laugh at the Pats.

Your respect level for them borders on adoration.

It's called respect. I'll laugh at the pats once we beat them.

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Good call.67 catches for 687 yards are not strictly ST'er stats

LtFinFan66
03-03-2007, 04:46 PM
ALOT OF MONEY!:eek:

Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511) is reporting that the offer sheet that the Patriots and Wes Welker will sign is a deal worth $38.5 million over 7 years. That averages out to $5.5 million per year. That's an insane amount of money for a receiver who is just 5'9" and has just 96 career receptions and just one career touchdown. It'll be interesting to see if the Dolphins match the offer or if they will take New England's 2nd round pick (#60 overall) instead.
http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Ickybaluky
03-03-2007, 04:50 PM
ALOT OF MONEY!:eek:

Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511) is reporting that the offer sheet that the Patriots and Wes Welker will sign is a deal worth $38.5 million over 7 years. That averages out to $5.5 million per year. That's an insane amount of money for a receiver who is just 5'9" and has just 96 career receptions and just one career touchdown. It'll be interesting to see if the Dolphins match the offer or if they will take New England's 2nd round pick (#60 overall) instead.
http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

It doesn't say how much of that is up front.

Bling
03-03-2007, 05:07 PM

I can laugh though. We've been 1-1 against them the last three years.

Welker is going to be a big loss, but we could use the draft picks.

Ickybaluky
03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Welker is going to be a big loss, but we could use the draft picks.

Miami is cleaning house. They are in pretty good cap shape, but I think they plan on this being something of a rebuilding year. Next year, they will have another pick in the top half of the draft and will have a clean slate. They will have their new coaches and systems in place for a year and be ready for a fresh run.

That's the way it looks to me.

bluehaze
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Welker is worth more than pick #60 but damn that's alot of money it has to be a contract with BS years on it that only the Phins would pay if we kept him. Pats suck, low down miserable organization.

This is bad news for both Fins and Bills, Pats just got a whole lot better...

feelthepain
03-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Miami is cleaning house. They are in pretty good cap shape, but I think they plan on this being something of a rebuilding year. Next year, they will have another pick in the top half of the draft and will have a clean slate. They will have their new coaches and systems in place for a year and be ready for a fresh run.

That's the way it looks to me.

Well I disagree, Miami is dumping much of the below avg talent we've been trying to win with mostly on O. We have a QB more then capable of winning we have an awsome 1-2 punch in the backfield and Wes will be the only real loss on O so far, if we lose him. Our Oline could only get better, we have our D intact, we have a long way to go befor the draft and camp.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
You guys got a new QB?????

Static
03-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Well I disagree, Miami is dumping much of the below avg talent we've been trying to win with mostly on O. We have a QB more then capable of winning we have an awsome 1-2 punch in the backfield and Wes will be the only real loss on O so far, if we lose him. Our Oline could only get better, we have our D intact, we have a long way to go befor the draft and camp.

We are rebuilding and thank god for it.

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I'll bet it's one of those "poison pill" type BS contracts that the Vikes and Seahags exchanged last year. If so, I'll be pissed. They should have outlawed them after the Will Wolford fiasco back in 1993, much less allowing what we saw last year.

feelthepain
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM
We are rebuilding and thank god for it.

We have a QB, RB's and a Defense in place. It's not a rebuild.

feelthepain
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys got a new QB?????

Why, I didn't know we needed one. Just because Bills fans don't think Culpepper is a good QB means nothing, afterall you guy's think JP is a good QB....NUFF SAID!!

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 06:43 PM
We have a QB, RB's and a Defense in place. It's not a rebuild.
Culpepper? hahahahhahaha

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 06:50 PM
NO ONE thinks Culpepper is a good QB anymore.