PDA

View Full Version : OK JP............

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:32 PM
marv signed a 1/2 ton of OL for you.i expect to see improvement and better consistency out of you in the upcoming season.now it's time for you to step up and become the QB that costed the Bills 3 draft picks.some of your minions think you're worth a contract extension.some of us Bills fans think you're not.i'm giving the Lick....uh...i mean....your fans the benefit of the doubt last season.this season should be a different story.NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!if you can't take us to the playoffs this year,i think it's time to turn the page and go elsewhere.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Excuses eliminated to date...

Ralph is cheap and won't spend money to surround JP with talent.

Marv is clueless as a GM.

The offensive line sucks.

Let's see, that leaves the defense sucks, no legit #2 WR, Jauron and Fairchild are dumb-asses, no TE.

Did I leave any out??

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Let's see, that leaves the defense sucks, no legit #2 WR, Jauron and Fairchild are dumb-asses, no TE.

Did I leave any out??

i'm tired of the excuses....PERIOD!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2007, 01:43 PM

Did I leave any out??
I think #2 and #5 can be the same thing...

Goobylal
03-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I'll expect JP to eliminate the inconsistency when I see the same thing from the REST of the offense.

X-Era
03-03-2007, 01:44 PM
marv signed a 1/2 ton of OL for you.i expect to see improvement and better consistency out of you in the upcoming season.now it's time for you to step up and become the QB that costed the Bills 3 draft picks.some of your minions think you're worth a contract extension.some of us Bills fans think you're not.i'm giving the Lick....uh...i mean....your fans the benefit of the doubt last season.this season should be a different story.NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!if you can't take us to the playoffs this year,i think it's time to turn the page and go elsewhere.

Wait a sec, you havent already made up your mind that we should look elsewhere? :rolleyes:

I think the whole O will be much better with these moves.

Sorry though, I cant agree that we should lay all our fortunes on one player.

The last buffalo fan
03-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Sab, please kiss here ================> :kissa:

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Did I leave any out?? still no rb. Global warming. We're still in Iraq. Gas prices are still up and the predictions of a real estate market crash.

TedMock
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm pulling for the kid, but I'm in no way opposed to dropping him if he sucks either. I like him and I hope he succeeds. I think he will.

If you look at the games last year, he became better as the season went on. TD's, Completion %, Yards, and Rating were all significantly higher the second 8 games. Also, things that stats don't always catch were better overall. Running out of bounds, throwing the ball away, checking down, etc. all increased as time went on. He made smarter decisions as the year went on. There is still improvement to be made, but I was pleasantly surprised with how he not only turned his game around, but how he dealt with his teammates. Hopefully that trend continues. Keep your fingers crossed that he improves at the same pace as last year.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
the great QB's take it upon themselves to make the rest of the team better.i don't see that out of JP or his fans. :down:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
still no rb. Global warming. We're still in Iraq. Gas prices are still up and the predictions of a real estate market crash.

don't forget that the price of glue went up since Barbaro died.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
the great QB's take it upon themselves to make the rest of the team better.i don't see that out of JP or his fans. :down:

JP did that last year and his leadership was greatly improved.

Barring major injury this is his make or break year. The improvement must continue for JP.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
the great QB's take it upon themselves to make the rest of the team better.i don't see that out of JP or his fans. :down: are you telling me that LT, Gamble , their Ol had nothing to do with both Brees and Rivers success? Elway was nothing without Sharpe. Jp didn't even have half of Kelly's supporting cast in the 90's.

it's easy to blame one person when things go wrong but when things are right , you haters can easily say, "well he had help". Guess what? you're not gonna go anywhere without help. Jp is just getting it.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:00 PM
JP did that last year and his leadership was greatly improved.

Barring major injury this is his make or break year. The improvement must continue for JP.

that was last year.i posted that i gave the Lickers a mulligan.

i agree.a playoff berth could change a few minds around here.

The last buffalo fan
03-03-2007, 02:00 PM

I agree, and just like you, I want no more excuses, we deserve a winning team and that's what ML is trying to make. So, if you are willing to give the guy (and the team) your confidence, just do it and let's talk about it in February 2008. :cheers:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM
are you telling me that LT, Gamble , their Ol had nothing to do with both Brees and Rivers success? Elway was nothing without Sharpe. Jp didn't even have half of Kelly's supporting cast in the 90's.

it's easy to blame one person when things go wrong but when things are right , you haters can easily say, "well he had help". Guess what? you're not gonna go anywhere without help. Jp is just getting it.

i never mentioned those players.

that's right.he's got the help now.NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:04 PM
i never mentioned those players.

that's right.he's got the help now.NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!! I agree and if he succeeeds will you say " Jp wasn't responsible for the improvement'? " or will you eat your crow about everything you said about him ?

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree, and just like you, I want no more excuses, we deserve a winning team and that's what ML is trying to make. So, if you are willing to give the guy (and the team) your confidence, just do it and let's talk about it in February 2008. :cheers:

that's right but too many want too bring up LAST YEAR.even after i said that i gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree and if he succeeeds will you say " Jp wasn't responsible for the improvement'? " or will you eat your crow about everything you said about him ?Fair question.

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 02:07 PM
that's right but too many want too bring up LAST YEAR.even after i said that i gave them the benefit of the doubt.But even though I think you sense the progression of Jp... You've yet to ackonwledge it.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree and if he succeeeds will you say " Jp wasn't responsible for the improvement'? " or will you eat your crow about everything you said about him ?

we'll cross that bridge when/if we get to it.RIGHT NOW,we have marv putting the pieces of the puzzle together and it looks as if he's assembled a good majority of the interior of it.expectations are high around here now.if were going to be a good team,we need a QB with broad shoulders.

jmb1099
03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Sab I agree for the most part with your first post, but then your posts just resorted to the same old stupidity from there. Jp as well as the entire offense should show drastic improvement. The oline shouldn't be the issue it was, in fact it better not be considering what we paid for it.
As of yet we don't have a decent number two receiver, but I expect we will, we also don't know what our running back situation will be although I suspect you could probably have 1000 yard season behind the beef we have now.
My suspicion is that Wilson told Levy to get it done and I believe given yesterday's performance that is exaclty what Marv is doing.
I expect Losman's numbers this year to be nothing short of amazing considering the line and expected talent coming, but winning games will take effort on all sides of the ball. If Losman sucks it up I will be man enough to say "see ya" if he plays amazingly well and we still lose will you be man enough to admit you were wrong?

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Another fair question.

Mr. Pink
03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
are you telling me that LT, Gamble , their Ol had nothing to do with both Brees and Rivers success? Elway was nothing without Sharpe. Jp didn't even have half of Kelly's supporting cast in the 90's.

Elway was nothing without Sharpe? Are you kidding? Elway took the Broncos to 3 Superbowls before Sharpe ever got there.

I'm not sure of your age but being a Browns fan growing up and watching the drive, the fumble and then the blowout in the 86-89 seasons, Elway certainly did not need Shannon Sharpe to have already proved he was a good QB.

You know who Elway had at TE in those years, Clarence Kay and Orson Mobley. The two combined for I believe about 35 catches in 86.

No one on his o-line was a household name either.

A good QB elevates the play of those around him.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Elway was nothing without Sharpe? Are you kidding? Elway took the Broncos to 3 Superbowls before Sharpe ever got there.

I meant Terrel Davis.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
But even though I think you sense the progression of Jp... You've yet to ackonwledge it.

why does it bother the Lickers?

Mr. Pink
03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I meant Terrel Davis.

Getting to 3 superbowls without him makes him nothing?

By that logic Jim Kelly is nothing, he didn't win a superbowl.

Very flawed logic.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Did you ever do your evaluation of J.P's season that you said you were going to do?

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Sab I agree for the most part with your first post, but then your posts just resorted to the same old stupidity from there. Jp as well as the entire offense should show drastic improvement. The oline shouldn't be the issue it was, in fact it better not be considering what we paid for it.
As of yet we don't have a decent number two receiver, but I expect we will, we also don't know what our running back situation will be although I suspect you could probably have 1000 yard season behind the beef we have now.
My suspicion is that Wilson told Levy to get it done and I believe given yesterday's performance that is exaclty what Marv is doing.
I expect Losman's numbers this year to be nothing short of amazing considering the line and expected talent coming, but winning games will take effort on all sides of the ball. If Losman sucks it up I will be man enough to say "see ya" if he plays amazingly well and we still lose will you be man enough to admit you were wrong?

about what?calling things the way i saw them?how is that wrong?

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 02:53 PM
about what?calling things the way i saw them?how is that wrong?
It's not wrong at all. It's your opinion.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Getting to 3 superbowls without him makes him nothing?

By that logic Jim Kelly is nothing, he didn't win a superbowl.

Very flawed logic.
point is, he couldn't get over the hump without Davis. He needed Davis help. Just like JP needs help to get better. Which leads me to my asking Saburz if Jp get's help and succeeds , will he simply give credit to the help that Jp got and still say JP sucks?

Yes, a good qb evelvates the players around him and so do the rb, Ol , wr. Would Kelly have been as good/successful without Hull , Thomas , Reed, etc?

Hope that's clearer now.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
calling things the way i saw them?how is that wrong?

you could be blind or have bad eyesight.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Did you ever do your evaluation of J.P's season that you said you were going to do?

no.according to some people,they didn't care.so why bother?

Mr. Pink
03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
point is, he couldn't get over the hump without Davis. He needed Davis help. Just like JP needs help to get better. Which leads me to my asking Saburz if Jp get's help and succeeds , will he simply give credit to the help that Jp got and still say JP sucks?

Hope that's clearer now.

Hey I was quite down on Losman during the year, at the bye I was hoping that we'd see Nall come in and see what he had. Thankfully I'm the one at master control at OBD or else you wouldn't have seen JP on the field after the bye and wouldn't see him at the helm this year either.

He pleasantly surprised me with some heady play to close out the year and actually showed for the first time in his career week to week progression. Which is a definite plus in my book. Barring any setbacks I think we should be set at QB for years to come.

I will agree with Sab though, this is a put up or shut up year now for Losman. We bolstered our o-line to be on par with some of the better teams in the league. I won't say our line was garbage last year it was average, we are now better than average with the group we have. If we're still seeing the same amount of sacks, we know it wasn't the o-line.

There are now pieces in place to help out JP. It would be nice if we could bring in a TE that can catch the ball, Eric Johnson, for example. Or if we drafted a TE, seeing a TE that is an offensive weapon would be an immense help for this offense.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:00 PM
no.according to some people,they didn't care.so why bother?
Well I don't care about other people. I'm pretty interested.

Yasgur's Farm
why does it bother the Lickers?Because I believe the "LICKERS" are in better touch with reality than the "HATERS".

YardRat
still no rb. Global warming. We're still in Iraq. Gas prices are still up and the predictions of a real estate market crash.

Oh yeah...A running back that can't pick up a blitz to save his life...I forgot that one. Thanks :D

We'll have to see if that gets 'rectified'.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah...A running back that can't pick up a blitz to save his life...I forgot that one. Thanks :D

We'll have to see if that gets 'rectified'.
Hey, to McGahee's credit he got alot better later in the year.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Sabs you have to admit JP improved in the 2nd half of the year. Theres 1-3 of you haters that dont see his improvment. Hes getting better every time out. And I am very happy he is our QB of our BUFFALO BILLS! The concentration on fixing the OL which should of been done LONG AGO is going to make this offense alot better.

I cant wait for the season already.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Off topic...

Is it just me, or does the word 'rectified' sound like something Siegried is looking forward to when he sends Roy to the electrical department at the Vegas Home Depot?

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Sabs you have to admit JP improved in the 2nd half of the year. Theres 1-3 of you haters that dont see his improvment. Hes getting better every time out. And I am very happy he is our QB of our BUFFALO BILLS! The concentration on fixing the OL which should of been done LONG AGO is going to make this offense alot better.

Hopefully he continues to improve.

justasportsfan
03-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I will agree with Sab though, this is a put up or shut up year now for Losman. .
As do I. the dfference is, I didn't already decide he's a bust like Sab did. Now that he's gotten help, (barring injuries) there should be no excuses. Sab should've waited til' JP was given the weapons before calling him a bust.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Losman DID improve over the last half of the year (and I hope he continues to, or rather expect him to), but any of his transgressions or errors were still blamed on others.

"Just imagine how good JP could be without a cheap ass owner, a GM that knew what the hell he was doing, an offensive line,...etc, etc"

Ralph ain't cheap. Marv knows football. The offensive line got #1 priority and was greatly improved. Those excuses are gone. There are some left, but they're getting fewer and fewer.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Losman DID improve over the last half of the year (and I hope he continues to, or rather expect him to), but any of his transgressions or errors were still blamed on others.

"Just imagine how good JP could be without a cheap ass owner, a GM that knew what the hell he was doing, an offensive line,...etc, etc"

Ralph ain't cheap. Marv knows football. The offensive line got #1 priority and was greatly improved. Those excuses are gone. There are some left, but they're getting fewer and fewer.
Agreed. Our biggest weakness is now our strength. My question is, who is our RB next year?

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:12 PM
As do I. the dfference is, I didn't already decide he's a bust like Sab did. Now that he's gotten help, (barring injuries) there should be no excuses. Sab should've waited til' JP was given the weapons before calling him a bust.

did i?

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Sabs you have to admit JP improved in the 2nd half of the year. Theres 1-3 of you haters that dont see his improvment.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!

MCFLY!!!!!!!!!!

ANYBODY IN THERE???????????(KNOCKING ON YOUR HEAD)

i'm not worried about last year.NO EXCUSES THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YardRat
03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Agreed. Our biggest weakness is now our strength. My question is, who is our RB next year?

I'm not sure how much it matters...Hell, if this line is going to be as good as a lot of people expect it to be, Shaud Williams should be able to get 1200 yards.

And I bet he knows the playbook well enough to pick up the occasional blitz.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure how much it matters...Hell, if this line is going to be as good as a lot of people expect it to be, Shaud Williams should be able to get 1200 yards.

And I bet he knows the playbook well enough to pick up the occasional blitz.
Very true. I trust Marv either way.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
did i?
Call him a bust?

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Call him a bust?Yes he did!

SABURZFAN
Call him a bust?

i hope it was nothing smaller than a pair of Double D's.

SquishDaFish
I care about last years progression that he showed when you haters talk crap about a young player who showed IMPROVMENT. All I care about is the youn g players getting better QB included. This coming season barring injury should be a fun year for us fans to watch JP kick some ass.

gr8slayer
Yes he did!
I don't recall him flat out calling him one, beating around the bush with it maybe.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes he did!

i don't remember.you might be mistaken.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
i hope it was nothing smaller than a pair of Double D's.
I'll drink to that.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't recall him flat out calling him one, beating around the bush with it maybe.

:couch:

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't recall him flat out calling him one, beating around the bush with it maybe.I believe he did... But that could just be perception. In any event it's easilt proven.

I do , however, beleive taht SAB secretly wants to join we huggers and lickers.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I guess Sab is bored today. :D

justasportsfan
did i?
pretty much. Or that he sucks, blah,blah,blah.

SABURZFAN
I believe he did... But that could just be perception. In any event it's easilt proven.

I do , however, beleive taht SAB secretly wants to join we huggers and lickers.

link.......

:ill:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I guess Sab is bored today. :D

just thought that business could pick up around here. :biggrin:

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
pretty much. Or that he sucks, blah,blah,blah.

yeah...i said he sucked.when he did,i let it be known.as for bust....i don't know.

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah...i said he sucked.when he did,i let it be known.as for bust....i don't know.Sorry SAB... Too many vodkas to search.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Sorry SAB... Too many vodkas to search.

i'll drink to that. :cheers:

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM
:cheers:
i'll drink to that. :cheers:

jamze132
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Call me a licker, homer, JP lover, or whatever compells you, but I agree that there aren't any excuses for JP not to put up some good numbers and a few wins. I think I will be disapointed if he doesn't throw for 3500+ and 20 TDs. If he can do that, we have a good enough QB and there shouldn't be anymore *****ing about JP.

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Those stats keep him top 10.

Night Train
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
become the QB that costed the Bills 3 draft picks.some of your minions think you're worth a contract extension.

Maybe the minions can lend you their Hooked On Phonics CD.

SABURZFAN
03-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Those stats keep him top 10.

who cares?i want to see the playoffs.i'm tired of the BS.

gr8slayer
03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
who cares?i want to see the playoffs.i'm tired of the BS.
I trust that Marv will have us ready to make a huge push this year. Just think on the positive side. At least were not the Dolphins :D

SABURZFAN
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I trust that Marv will have us ready to make a huge push this year. Just think on the positive side. At least were not the Dolphins :D

the only good thing about the Fish is that cheerleader that was in FHM. :hump: