PDA

View Full Version : LOL Check this out

Devin
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
LT: Jason Peters 6'4 328 lbs (25 Years Old)
LG: Derrick Dockery 6'6 335 (26 Years Old)
C: Melvin Fowler 6'3 300lbs (27 years old)
RG: Brad Butler 6'7 310lbs (23 Years Old)
RT: Langston Walker 6'8 345lbs (28 Years Old)

Obviously the right side we arent sure where Walker will play and who the last man will be but you get the idea.

Devin
03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Hope JP can see over that.

B-DON
03-03-2007, 02:51 PM
BEASTS!!!!

Meathead
03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
wow jason peters suddenly becomes a runt of the litter lmao

dont get your fingers or toes near the after practice buffet

Romes
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
That OL could be together for a while. They are all young. I can't wait to see them play together.

Camp will be fun to when they start determining who will start.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Hope JP can see over that.
Roll out.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I sincerely hope Walker plays guard and not tackle.

kinigirly
03-03-2007, 03:19 PM
i got a little faint reading this. if i wasn't already in bed i would've had to sit down and had someone fan me. little things are coming together so nicely on this team. i knew i was moving back to wny for a higher purpose. i am so gonna be at every single home game this season

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:19 PM

me too.it benefits my team in the BZFL. :up:

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Switch positions with Butler and Walker and I am happy as a clam.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2007, 03:32 PM
is there a Tackle out there we could be interested in?

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
if i wasn't already in bed i would've had to sit down and had someone fan me.
I'll fan you or whatever else you want done to you in bed. :naughty:

Bmax
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I simply don't understand the question of where walker will play ...He was signed to be a tackle ...RT is his best position....Look for Butler or whittle to play guard along with preston....

Walker is not going in at rg .. unless Pennington beats him out ..Which i doubt.....

Bmax

raphael120
03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Whens the last time we had a big name O line person come in? Seriously?

I'm friggin stoked over here! Ralph opened his pockets for once! Now all we need is an awesome draft, which we will have because we have so much more focus going in than last year...nothing but good things, Bills fans, nothing but good things!

WOOOOOOOOO, LETS SHOW MARV ANOTHER SUPER BOWL!

Devin
03-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I simply don't understand the question of where walker will play ...He was signed to be a tackle ...RT is his best position....Look for Butler or whittle to play guard along with preston....

Walker is not going in at rg .. unless Pennington beats him out ..Which i doubt.....

Bmax

Absolutley incorrect.

Walker by far at least in the past has played better at OG which I believe was his natural position.

He may very well have been signed to play RT and it may go that way, if that is the case I pray to god he was a victim of circumstance and Mcnally can work another miracle. Because he was easily the worst lineman in Oakland last year.

By all accounts Butler may be starting this year at RG, Walker at RT at least so far anyway. If thats true I sure hope he plays better.

Meathead
03-03-2007, 08:12 PM
i have a selective reading problem

"I sincerely hope i got a little

if i was already in bed i wouldve had little things coming together

i knew i was gonna be friggin over here!

good things, good things! OOOOOOOOO!"

Slim
03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
is there a Tackle out there we could be interested in?

Luke Petitgout NYG, Jordan Black KC.

DraftBoy
03-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Black from KC may not be a bad idea, but Id like to see what Pennington/Butler can do at the RT spot first...

Slim
03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Black from KC may not be a bad idea, but Id like to see what Pennington/Butler can do at the RT spot first...

Black is my favorite.

Slim
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
.. Jordan Black that is.

YardRat
03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Don't count Pennington out...I think he's going to be a player.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Absolutley incorrect.

Walker by far at least in the past has played better at OG which I believe was his natural position.

He may very well have been signed to play RT and it may go that way, if that is the case I pray to god he was a victim of circumstance and Mcnally can work another miracle. Because he was easily the worst lineman in Oakland last year....

Don't count Pennington out...I think he's going to be a player.

I read somewhere (please don't ask for a link because I must have read at least a dozen articles about him) on Friday that Walker was very unhappy about moving to RT last year from OG and Chris Brown noted in his blog on BB.com that Walker voided his contract because he was unhappy with the choas in Oakland. There have also been reports that the Bills aren't exactly happy with Preston as well. If both of those reports are true, it is possible that the Bills may look at Walker at both positions during the OTAs (we all know how much McNally loves "versatility" in his offensive linemen) while they determine which of their three young offensive linemen (Preston, Pennington and Butler) has made the most progress and best suited to play next to Walker at either RG or RT.

After making the kind of progress that he made from the time he was drafted to the end of last season and with the experience that he gained from the playing time that he got, I would not be surprised if T.Pennington takes a similarly large step forward again this year. And, I would definitely not count him out.

While Pennington had a lot further to go than Preston or Butler coming out of college, he has shown that he has the capacity and ability to learn and improve. Preston, on the other hand, has shown a lot less improvement despite being with the team longer and getting significantly more playing time. And, after being injured and working at both OG and OT last season, it's hard to say where Butler is at in his development at either position. So, while the Bills may really like Butler a lot, it is very possible that by the time the season begins Pennington may be the best and most advanced of these three players. In which case, the Bills might be better off starting Walker at RG and Pennington at RT. I'm not saying that's what WILL happen, but I am saying that I would not discount the possibility that it COULD work out that way.

Of course, a lot will depend on Walker and what the Bills said to him--and what assurances they might have given to him with regard to where they intend to play him--when they were recruiting him on Friday as to how this will all work out. Walker's unhappiness with the situation in Oakland (and perhaps with being shifted from OT to OG and then back to OT again) might well have been a factor in his poor play last season. If so, his performance might very well improve now that he is out of that situation. There is also an article about the Raiders' strength and conditioning coach that suggests that some of Walker's (and Gallery's) struggles may have been due to poor coaching in this area. If so, that's something that will change now that he is with the Bills as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see how all of this shakes out....

Night Train
03-04-2007, 05:28 AM

Me too.

I watched Pennington from the stands and did not see him struggling badly. Showed good footwork and has freakishly long arms to keep the DE outside the pocket. I'll always defer to the Coaches but if Pennington keeps working, I think our OL is set.

Chris Brown and other reporters are just guessing like the rest of us on a starting lineup. I believe what they are reading into is Marvs comments that he didn't want the TE to have to help on protection as much next year. I don't know why Butler is viewed as a Guard, when the coaches just said a week ago that it's up to him to step up if he wants Penningtons job. Then suddenly he's our next Guard ( no experience ) ? Doesn't make sense.

Michael82
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
That OL could be together for a while. They are all young. I can't wait to see them play together.

Camp will be fun to when they start determining who will start.
That's the best part about it. They are are young and all locked long term.

Devin
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I read somewhere (please don't ask for a link because I must have read at least a dozen articles about him) on Friday that Walker was very unhappy about moving to RT last year from OG and Chris Brown noted in his blog on BB.com that Walker voided his contract because he was unhappy with the choas in Oakland. There have also been reports that the Bills aren't exactly happy with Preston as well. If both of those reports are true, it is possible that the Bills may look at Walker at both positions during the OTAs (we all know how much McNally loves "versatility" in his offensive linemen) while they determine which of their three young offensive linemen (Preston, Pennington and Butler) has made the most progress and best suited to play next to Walker at either RG or RT.

After making the kind of progress that he made from the time he was drafted to the end of last season and with the experience that he gained from the playing time that he got, I would not be surprised if T.Pennington takes a similarly large step forward again this year. And, I would definitely not count him out.

While Pennington had a lot further to go than Preston or Butler coming out of college, he has shown that he has the capacity and ability to learn and improve. Preston, on the other hand, has shown a lot less improvement despite being with the team longer and getting significantly more playing time. And, after being injured and working at both OG and OT last season, it's hard to say where Butler is at in his development at either position. So, while the Bills may really like Butler a lot, it is very possible that by the time the season begins Pennington may be the best and most advanced of these three players. In which case, the Bills might be better off starting Walker at RG and Pennington at RT. I'm not saying that's what WILL happen, but I am saying that I would not discount the possibility that it COULD work out that way.

Of course, a lot will depend on Walker and what the Bills said to him--and what assurances they might have given to him with regard to where they intend to play him--when they were recruiting him on Friday as to how this will all work out. Walker's unhappiness with the situation in Oakland (and perhaps with being shifted from OT to OG and then back to OT again) might well have been a factor in his poor play last season. If so, his performance might very well improve now that he is out of that situation. There is also an article about the Raiders' strength and conditioning coach that suggests that some of Walker's (and Gallery's) struggles may have been due to poor coaching in this area. If so, that's something that will change now that he is with the Bills as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see how all of this shakes out....

Great post. That was pretty much my feeling as well. Ive heard all sorts of ranting and raving about how Butler maybe a starter this year, which is fine by me, hes a mean bastard and I could totally see him in at RT. a 6-8 RG and a 6-7 RT. Groovy.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
the size of the new Ol could help JP throw higher instead of throwing the ball either behind or too low for his wr's. :D

If he fixes that, you will see our wr's improve on their YAC.

G. Host
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I think we will get deserved comments that JP is too short and that he needs use his throwing lanes. Oh well there is always 2008 when we can draft a tall QB.

:D

JD
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
They must eat chunky soup?