X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

HUGE FA Spending Continues

Texans signed Pro Bowl wideout Andre Johnson to a new, restructured contract. The deal will pay Johnson $60 million over eight seasons.
    He was set to count $7 million against the cap, so the Texans moved money around to free up $6 million in cap space for free agents, possibly Ashley Lelie. And in the process, Johnson was shown the money over the long haul, as $15 million in guarantees were added to his contract. A Pro Bowler in 2006, Johnson is coming off a 103-catch season.
    Again. It's not overpaying, it's the cap going up.
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: HUGE FA Spending Continues

It is both. They are being overpaid and the cap went up.

The Bills did such a favorr for Nate - they gave him 1 year great money and following year he gets the big deal which would not have been ablle to get last year.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Johnson is a fantastic WR, guy is clutch. 7.5 mil a season is steep but with that being said if Evans continues his rise you can expect that the bar for Evans services in a season or two is going to be quite high.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
        • Jan 2007

**** i'll take AJ any day!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
          • Aug 2005

Evans needs to be locked up ASAP in my opinion. I think he is going to be top 5 WR in this league for many years if not top 3.
          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

That is a fair deal for Andre Johnson. Hell we're paying Reed and Price a combined 6.5 million a year for so for a couple dime a dozen WR's.

Andre Johnson is difference maker. I'd rather pay 7.5 million for him then 6.5 million for a couple scrubs like Price and Reed. He had more receptions, yards and TD's COMBINED then both of them two.

I'd rather pay 7.5 million a year for Johnson then pay 6 million a year for Kelsay and 5 million a year for Walker who are two career average players that have never made a major difference. That is a very good deal for the Texans.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
              Johnson is a fantastic WR, guy is clutch. 7.5 mil a season is steep but with that being said if Evans continues his rise you can expect that the bar for Evans services in a season or two is going to be quite high.
              Man can you imagine what Evans will command if he keeps this up?

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

It's almost a bad thing for yor draft picks to get big and blow up. some scrub team will just come along and offer them a **** load of money

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                  It's almost a bad thing for yor draft picks to get big and blow up. some scrub team will just come along and offer them a **** load of money
                  I think Marv knows we need to re-sign Evans and maybe Losman. Hopefully we are planning way ahead.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                    That is a fair deal for Andre Johnson. Hell we're paying Reed and Price a combined 6.5 million a year for so for a couple dime a dozen WR's.

Andre Johnson is difference maker. I'd rather pay 7.5 million for him then 6.5 million for a couple scrubs like Price and Reed. He had more receptions, yards and TD's COMBINED then both of them two.

I'd rather pay 7.5 million a year for Johnson then pay 6 million a year for Kelsay and 5 million a year for Walker who are two career average players that have never made a major difference. That is a very good deal for the Texans.
                    do you ever just give the whining a rest?

i throw up in my mouth most of the time when i read your posts.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                    X