PDA

View Full Version : HUGE FA Spending Continues

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Texans signed Pro Bowl wideout Andre Johnson to a new, restructured contract. The deal will pay Johnson $60 million over eight seasons.
He was set to count $7 million against the cap, so the Texans moved money around to free up $6 million in cap space for free agents, possibly Ashley Lelie. And in the process, Johnson was shown the money over the long haul, as $15 million in guarantees were added to his contract. A Pro Bowler in 2006, Johnson is coming off a 103-catch season.

Again. It's not overpaying, it's the cap going up.

G. Host
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
It is both. They are being overpaid and the cap went up.

The Bills did such a favorr for Nate - they gave him 1 year great money and following year he gets the big deal which would not have been ablle to get last year.

Devin
03-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Johnson is a fantastic WR, guy is clutch. 7.5 mil a season is steep but with that being said if Evans continues his rise you can expect that the bar for Evans services in a season or two is going to be quite high.

Talk0fNewYork
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
**** i'll take AJ any day!

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Evans needs to be locked up ASAP in my opinion. I think he is going to be top 5 WR in this league for many years if not top 3.

BillsFever21
03-03-2007, 07:19 PM
That is a fair deal for Andre Johnson. Hell we're paying Reed and Price a combined 6.5 million a year for so for a couple dime a dozen WR's.

Andre Johnson is difference maker. I'd rather pay 7.5 million for him then 6.5 million for a couple scrubs like Price and Reed. He had more receptions, yards and TD's COMBINED then both of them two.

I'd rather pay 7.5 million a year for Johnson then pay 6 million a year for Kelsay and 5 million a year for Walker who are two career average players that have never made a major difference. That is a very good deal for the Texans.

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Johnson is a fantastic WR, guy is clutch. 7.5 mil a season is steep but with that being said if Evans continues his rise you can expect that the bar for Evans services in a season or two is going to be quite high.
Man can you imagine what Evans will command if he keeps this up? :couch:

B-DON
03-03-2007, 07:40 PM
It's almost a bad thing for yor draft picks to get big and blow up. some scrub team will just come along and offer them a **** load of money

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 07:42 PM
It's almost a bad thing for yor draft picks to get big and blow up. some scrub team will just come along and offer them a **** load of money
I think Marv knows we need to re-sign Evans and maybe Losman. Hopefully we are planning way ahead.

Tatonka
03-03-2007, 09:57 PM
That is a fair deal for Andre Johnson. Hell we're paying Reed and Price a combined 6.5 million a year for so for a couple dime a dozen WR's.

Andre Johnson is difference maker. I'd rather pay 7.5 million for him then 6.5 million for a couple scrubs like Price and Reed. He had more receptions, yards and TD's COMBINED then both of them two.

I'd rather pay 7.5 million a year for Johnson then pay 6 million a year for Kelsay and 5 million a year for Walker who are two career average players that have never made a major difference. That is a very good deal for the Texans.

do you ever just give the whining a rest?

i throw up in my mouth most of the time when i read your posts.