PDA

View Full Version : Almost there...

Mr. Cynical
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Really, really shocked at what we've done so far and will give props to Marv for finally addressing our biggest need - the OL.

If he can get some value for McGarbage and draft a solid RB, along with a run stuffer on the line, I will take back everything I've said about his inability as a GM.

Well, almost everything.

The only thing that is still keeping my hopes down is the fact that we still have Dick. I seriously do not believe he can get us there but maybe he can finally get his 2nd winning season in '07 and prove me wrong.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
What more do you need to hear on Jauron? The players that have played for him say he is a great coach to play for. They are motivated to play for him. I think Ill take thier words over yours sorry. Its nice to have a coach players want to play for unlike Williams,Wade and others.

jamze132
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Almost every player in the NFL likes Dick, well, at least the ones that have had the priveledge of playing with him, or should I say, under him.

Bert102176
03-03-2007, 06:00 PM
well all the Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, and Cowboys players like Dick to, oh you were talking about DJ the Bills coach lol

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
What more do you need to hear on Jauron? The players that have played for him say he is a great coach to play for. They are motivated to play for him. I think Ill take thier words over yours sorry. Its nice to have a coach players want to play for unlike Williams,Wade and others.
Players play hard for coaches they want to play for. I have yet to hear a player say anything bad about the guy.

Jeff1220
03-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I like Jauron's calm temperment. Sometimes a consistant, don't-panic attitude will rub off on the team in the situations where they need it the most. Also, one difference since Chicago for Jauron: I really feel that DJ hired a good staff this time around. Fairchild is a guy that has been on the rise since he came in here the first time as RB coach and helped Travis solve the fumbling problem. I'm also sure he learned quite a bit from Martz in his time at StLouis (I actually liked how he ran the offense when Martz was out - Jackson got a lot of opportunities to run and catch vs. Martz's more verticle approach). I think that the D will be effective if they get all the holes filled. Scheme-wise, I don't mind if the D gives up a lot of yardage between the 20s, as long as they keep the opponents off the board! It seemed that they were able to consistently do that when the Bills' O could avoid three and outs.

Mr. Cynical
03-03-2007, 11:39 PM
What more do you need to hear on Jauron?

I'd like to hear about him having more than 1 winning season in his entire career. Regardless of how much of a player's coach he may be, it is all moot unless he gets the Ws. Until that happens, I'm not getting my hopes up.

SquishDaFish
03-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Its not just the coach that is needed to get Ws. He doesnt step on the field to play.

Don't Panic
03-04-2007, 06:14 AM
McGarbage... perfect!

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2007, 07:53 AM
McGarbage... perfect!
Is that a new McDonald's sandwich?

Night Train
03-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Really, really shocked at what we've done so far and will give props to Marv for finally addressing our biggest need - the OL.

If he can get some value for McGarbage and draft a solid RB, along with a run stuffer on the line, I will take back everything I've said about his inability as a GM.

Well, almost everything.

The only thing that is still keeping my hopes down is the fact that we still have Dick. I seriously do not believe he can get us there but maybe he can finally get his 2nd winning season in '07 and prove me wrong.

If you think this is all Marv, then I have a bridge to sell you for $50.

Jauron,Modrak and John Guy are making these decisions as part of a good working relationship. Marv is admitting he isn't looking at much film and studying the players like other GM's. He's a delegator/spokesperson. In other words, a President who hires good people to surround himself with and trusts their judgment. Jauron is one of those people.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 09:55 AM

You mean Wade wasn't a player's coach?

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Is that a new McDonald's sandwich?

I thought that that was what McDonald's was changing their name too - it's very fitting.

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Its not just the coach that is needed to get Ws. He doesnt step on the field to play.

Regardless, it is his responsibility to get the Ws. Hence when a team is not winning, the first to get the axe is the HC. Although the ultimate responsibilty rolls up to the GM as the CEO of the team, the GM usually gets 1-2 chances to right the ship by hiring a new HC.

jmb1099
03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Did someone say Mcdonalds?

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
In other words, a President who hires good people to surround himself with and trusts their judgment. Jauron is one of those people.

We'll see. Bottom line - Dick has had one winning season in his entire career so he gets no "benefit of the doubt" in my book until he proves otherwise. Put another way, nobody is perfect - including Marv - so he could have made a mistake, and I believe he did. Time will tell but facts are facts - 1 winning season.