PDA

View Full Version : The Defense

Marvelous
03-03-2007, 04:53 PM
What needs to be addressed?

NT/DT--Triplett is better then exp[ected by me anyways. Still a hole..Timmy Anderson is average atbest...McCargo is still unknown..late day 1- early day 2 ?

-LB Thank the force we drafted a steal in Ellison.. And i'm very grateful for Crowell. I keep thinking of the fish INT right before halftime week 3~! What a B-E-A-S-T!

-But As much as it broke all our spirits, we need Spikes more then we need the pick we get for him. Just the thought of having a rookie at MLB & OLB is scary.. But I think Ellsion can start..The kid is fast & can hit..

-Are you willing to give Ellison a learning curve season? I am!

--CB Kiwakee Thomas is a H-U-G-E signing..McGee,Greer and rookie Youboty are not gonna cut it.. Esp with Whitner & Simpson still a tad green....We need a quality FA CB like Kiwakee Thomas. & a 2-5 round rook. Kiwakee & McGee as #1 + #2 with someone new in slot. Maybe we use two CB'/3 LB's more...

--LE is fine with the position generating 12.5 sacks with Denney & Kelsay. It's a luxery to worry bout this position anytime soon IMO..I think having a star LE when we have awesome Schobel is kinda greedy..That is if people think Denney & Kelsay are compitent.<<i do.. Not Phil Hansen capable but they are still young and can progress..

The only defensive position that sacres me in the draft is CB because rookie CB's get abused..

Whataya you guys think we need to take care of in FA so we can have less postion drafting come april???Cato June OLB? MLB? CB? NT? safety depth =draft.

Marvelous
03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Well i'm concerned...

kgun12
03-04-2007, 12:26 AM
I think you hit them. We need to get a LBer and a CB on day one of the draft. I think we can get a DT in day 2. This all changes if they fill any of these needs in FA. This is A question about the defense, but there is still the question at RB and a #2 WR on the offensive side as well.

Marvelous
03-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I think you hit them. We need to get a LBer and a CB on day one of the draft. I think we can get a DT in day 2. This all changes if they fill any of these needs in FA. This is A question about the defense, but there is still the question at RB and a #2 WR on the offensive side as well.

#2 WR isn't a major concern..Peerless,Roscoe or Josh Reed could fill in #2 alot better then Josh Stamer @ OLB etc...But i hear ya.. I just like Roscoe's upside alot.. I think all our WR's improve with a effective run game... Just the thought of a RB who gives a s**t gets me all excited...

kgun12
03-04-2007, 12:48 AM
#2 WR isn't a major concern..Peerless,Roscoe or Josh Reed could fill in #2 alot better then Josh Stamer @ OLB etc...But i hear ya.. I just like Roscoe's upside alot.. I think all our WR's improve with a effective run game... Just the thought of a RB who gives a s**t gets me all excited...

I would agree with this. Doesn't mean I like Roscoe or Reed in the #2 spot, but stammer in the scares me a lttle more. Hopefully between the rest of FA and the draft we can fix some of these problems.

Don't Panic
03-04-2007, 06:28 AM
One of Price or Reed just need to step the hell up and become a true #2. Parish is a great slot guy and IMO will develop into a quality #3, but one of these wonderful $10 million men of ours need to justify the contract they signed. last winter.

I'm not so sure Kiwi can start. If the coaching staff feels he can, then that's one less thing we need to worry about... draft another in the 4th round and let the group grow together. May need to look at a guy like Harper, though.

DT is a wait and see position... McCargo needs a chance. He and Triplett were a huge investment last year so lets see what they can do.

I like using our #1 on a LB (trade down for Timmons or Willis at #12) and going into the season with Spikes, Crowell, Ellison, draft pick. Gives us a little insurance in case Ellison isn't ready. Spikes needs another chance to prove if he can still do it. One more year.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Running back will be less of a need now that we've got some big bodies in front of who ever's running - I could probably run for 800 yards behind this new line (provided it stays healthy).

WR, we'll probably pick up a legit #2 reciever through FA - there's a lot of guys out there still.

I think this thread is a little premature because we don't know who else we're going to sign yet - let's wait and see.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 10:05 AM
And not to mention, with us having two players on the trading block - we'll either be getting new players from other teams, or extra picks...

that will make this an even more interesting offseason.

Talk0fNewYork
03-04-2007, 11:56 AM
If Spikes is traded, and Ellison is commited to gaining 10-15 lbs. he'll be just fine.

patmoran2006
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I would prefer to get a LB in FA for 2007, and use our first two picks in the draft on skill players..

If could land one impact player defensively in FA I think it would be a pretty successful FA period. I'd love to get June and move Crowell back to MLB and keep Spikes at the other LB spot.. If for whatever reason he doesnt work out then we still have Ellison.

IF we were able to do that; then I think in round one of the draft we'd go after either a WR or RB- with the other coming in round two. Now that we have more beef on the OL< I"d like to see Losman pick up a skill player or two. Outside of EVans, no Bills skill player scares the opposition.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Outside of EVans, no Bills skill player scares the opposition.
lt's hope we can get one thats taller than 4'11"