PDA

View Full Version : McGahee

jamze132
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
With the recent additions to the O-line, I am pretty sure that McGahee will be a Bills next season. I think OBD knows that he is a pretty good back and they will want to see what he can do behind a decent O-line. I was advocating for the trade of Mcgahee earlier but now am having second thoughts (unless we get a 1st rounder, which is very unlikely) about him leaving. He might seriously benefit from the recent additions and play like we all know he can.

Tatonka
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
i actually kind of hope that we keep mcgahee and still add a guy like the RB/FB from Rutgers (cant think of his name right now) or Bush in the 2nd round.. Or Booker from FSU.

any of those three, i would love to see on the roster, and let them be role players for year one.. just like jones-drew, or steven jackson did.

Mitchy moo
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Mcgahee might be a holdout and would then become a distraction.

Thurman34
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I want to see how McGahee does with our offensive line being more improved. I think he has 1500 yard 15 touchdown or more potential.

Throne Logic
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
It is entirely possible that Marv's intentions are not primarily to actually trade Willis. It might be part of an attitude adjustment plan to bring Willis back down to Earth a little bit. He arrived with a large head that has somehow grown with his mediocrity.

Not that I think Willis is afraid of being traded. However, has to be miffed over the talk revolving around the issue. For instance, what does Willis think about being possibly worth a 3rd round pick? At the very least, it has to make him stop and think just a little bit about his current place in the NFL.

Not to say that if Marv gets a tremendous offer that he won't actually make that trade.

Seems like a win-win move from my point of view.

Gunzlingr
03-03-2007, 06:04 PM
i actually kind of hope that we keep mcgahee and still add a guy like the RB/FB from Rutgers (cant think of his name right now) or Bush in the 2nd round.. Or Booker from FSU.

any of those three, i would love to see on the roster, and let them be role players for year one.. just like jones-drew, or steven jackson did.

Brian Leonard?

unpaid_bills
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree. I dont really see the point of trading him especially for just a 3 rounder. Make him play out the contract - he is incentivized now to have a monster year show other teams what he can do. If he holds out play A-train or whoever we draft or possibly pickup in FA or off the waiver wire.

We have needs at CB, LB, DL we have already lost two of our stars & leaders (Fletcher & Clements). Like it or not Willis is one of our few big name guys, time will tell if we can win with him carrying the ball. He has worked hard, gotten better, stayed somewhat major inj free. He has done all this behind a less than stellar O Line and coaching. Problem is he has a shark for an agent anything is possible i guess. Would not think it would be in his best interest to hold out -- but has happened before.

Curious too what are the penalties say if he did decide to sit out the year (aside from no pay)?

HHURRICANE
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Mcgahee might be a holdout and would then become a distraction.

After seeing how valuable he is right now to other teams I'm very confident that a "holdout" will only make his stock drop. He's dangerously close to "Mr. Irrelevant" already. He's not holding out.

B-DON
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
i would love booker in the 4th or 5th, leonard in the second or duckett. if we dont get any of these we might as well just keep Mcgahee and cut our losses after he explodes this year

gr8slayer
03-03-2007, 07:56 PM

+1

acehole
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
A few things are at play here.
1. Recent signings indicate that we are commited to running the ball.
2. W Mcgahee is not a "brusing back" wear you down type.
3. WM not in the Marv mold.
4. He won't be back here after his contract is up.
5. We will never give hime big money.
6. Get somthing for him while you can is smart.
7. I wont beat a dead hourse but they have thier on on a rb as we speak and we need the draft pick from mcgahee to have a shot at him.
8. I never was a big fan of his and I think most of you and the front office arent either.
9. Time to cut the dead weight, under achievers, and mistakes.

With the recent additions to the O-line, I am pretty sure that McGahee will be a Bills next season. I think OBD knows that he is a pretty good back and they will want to see what he can do behind a decent O-line. I was advocating for the trade of Mcgahee earlier but now am having second thoughts (unless we get a 1st rounder, which is very unlikely) about him leaving. He might seriously benefit from the recent additions and play like we all know he can.