X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

McNally better know what he's doing.

Dockery and Whitttle will be fine but Walker is going to be a big, big, project. I was at the Raiders site and one of our fans dropped a line and it wasn't pretty. The comments made Mike Williams look good. I'm not joking. Soft, slow feet, no mean streak. I did hear "athletic" a few times which is better than Williams but all in all it was really, really bad. I mean bad.

To be objective we have been very fair in our assessments of Fletcher and Clements after leaving. We know the Redskins were not happy to see Dockery leave but even when you weed through their fans BS you know we have a very good player.

Walker has pure hate for his pathetic play. This guy sounded pretty short in the synapses during his press confernce. I'm hoping we didn't just sign Bennie Williams(hybrid).
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: McNally better know what he's doing.

The Raiders had probably the worst coaching/offense in the history of the NFL last year. That's what happens when you hire a HC/OL coach who hasn't coached in 5 years (Shell) and an OC who hasn't coached in 6 years and who was running a B&B (his name is forgettable). And Raiders fans are what they are. Consider the source.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
      The Raiders had probably the worst coaching/offense in the history of the NFL last year. That's what happens when you hire a HC/OL coach who hasn't coached in 5 years (Shell) and an OC who hasn't coached in 6 years and who was running a B&B (his name is forgettable). And Raiders fans are what they are. Consider the source.
      I agree that Oakland is the worst organization in the NFL right now. It's total chaos. But out of 100 posts that I read not one positive comment. I'm just saying for a guy that just signed a 25 million dollar contract I would expect something, anything. Check it out yourself because it's not good. Just an FYI.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Mouse can teach a lineman everything he needs to know. You can't teach the size that Walker has. It is a good fit.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

It wouldn't shock me if Walker under-achieves. What the hell, you can't be 100% right 100% of the time.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bert102176
            • Aug 2002

I don't like McNally don't think he is as great as everyone thinks
            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

"He has athleticism for a big man," Jauron said. "He's 6-foot-8 and athletic. All three guys we signed are well-defined athletes. They're not sloppy men. I watched 10 of his 16 games because I wanted to see Langston against a lot of different opponents and it was the same, snap after snap. He did his job on almost every play. I'm not saying there weren't times he got caught off balance or beat inside. But he recovers well and he's got good footwork and he plays hard."
              I think I'll have more faith in what Jauron thinks than what some fans who are tired of losing think and are looking to point the blame at someone. The coaching staff must have seen something they liked in this guy to give him that big contract

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                I think I'll have more faith in what Jauron thinks than what some fans who are tired of losing think and are looking to point the blame at someone. The coaching staff must have seen something they liked in this guy to give him that big contract
                I'll take the fim watching opinions of Modrak, John Guy and McNally any day over the ramblings of a fans message board. Call me crazy.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                  ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                  • Jan 2007

Marv and Co. must have seen something good about him, and heck if Mcnally can turn a backup TE to an all pro Tackle, this should be cake!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                    I don't like McNally don't think he is as great as everyone thinks
                    He's got no excuse this year. He's been given above average players and no Bennie Andersons or Villarials. If this OL isn't one of the best in the league this year , then I will agree with you. Until then,.....
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Dockery and Whitttle will be fine but Walker is going to be a big, big, project. I was at the Raiders site and one of our fans dropped a line and it wasn't pretty. The comments made Mike Williams look good. I'm not joking. Soft, slow feet, no mean streak. I did hear "athletic" a few times which is better than Williams but all in all it was really, really bad. I mean bad.

To be objective we have been very fair in our assessments of Fletcher and Clements after leaving. We know the Redskins were not happy to see Dockery leave but even when you weed through their fans BS you know we have a very good player.

Walker has pure hate for his pathetic play. This guy sounded pretty short in the synapses during his press confernce. I'm hoping we didn't just sign Bennie Williams(hybrid).
                      I feel exactly the same. This I think was the general consensus long before he came here. His size/athletic ability are not in doubt. I presume Mcnally and co. knew the type of player they were getting, and the Raiders coaching was poor at best.

But the the above will only give you so many excuses, Walker is a vet. THere is no adjustment period and he is getting a lot of money.

So honestly right out the gate, day 1 Walker had better show the reason we signed him. Hes clearly a starter for what hes getting paid. Im not saying he has to be a pro-bowler but for 5 mil a year or whatever it is he better show hes MILES better then what was in place.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Talk0fNewYork
                        Marv and Co. must have seen something good about him, and heck if Mcnally can turn a backup TE to an all pro Tackle, this should be cake!
                        Peters is a freak of nature. The guy could have been good at TE, DT, DE. McNally has less to do with Peters success than Peters himself. He was and is a freak!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          He's got no excuse this year. He's been given above average players and no Bennie Andersons or Villarials. If this OL isn't one of the best in the league this year , then I will agree with you. Until then,.....
                          i agree with this completely..

Peters - UDFA, but is at a probowl level.. no worries there (credit to mcnally on him)

Dockery - 2nd round pick. already has a history of being a strong starter for 4 years.

Fowler - UDFA, but was not a weak link on this line last year. played average to above average with scrubs next to him on either side.

Walker/Merz/Butler/Whittle - Walker was a 2nd round pick (i HOPE he is at guard).. if the guy is as talented as you say, lets see it. all three options are hand picked by this coaching staff.

Butler/Pennington/Walker - All three of the guys that could be at RT are hand picked as well. Butler was a 5th rounder that would have gone higher had he not had a jacked up shoulder. Pennington already showed he is capable of starting.

BOTTOM LINE -

McNally will earn his all world title by the play of the Right side of the line. if the right side is dominant, then mcnally deserves all the credit. But if they suck, then someone needs to get canned, most likely mcnally.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                          X