PDA

View Full Version : But what about the Defense.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-03-2007, 09:12 PM
First off I am very pleased that unlike Donawhore Marv has shown us again why he was able to pluck a master's degree from Harvard. Its nice that we have a GM who will actually pick up players based on what we need and not because they are shiny objects with big names ala Robinson, Bledsoe, Fletcher, Willis, etal. All this being said I think we still need to do something about the D Line and LBs. I think we have several young guns at LB that can and will step up but if we don't get a couple on the interior of the DL we will again be in for a long season without a post season attached to it. However, all that aside IMIT (In Marv I trust) because for the first time since the late nineties I think we have a front office that knows what its doing.

raphael120
03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
yeh i dont know about making any kind of impact adds on LB or DL in FA...i think theyre gonna make a big push in the draft to sign the best talent to fill those holes, even RB... the only thing we have room for here is young depth in FA...so i think our main future starters will be comin from the draft...we'll have a ko simpson/whitner/mccargo experiment by starting our rookies just like we did last year, but i think we'll do fine...with the one year of experience under our old rookies belt, and with new impactful rookies, we should be just fine...marv seems to know what the overall plan is....enough that we may go to the playoffs next year, but i think if not this year, the playoffs will be a certainty the year after...we have too much good young talent on this team to be regressing now.

TigerJ
03-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I think Buffalo might try to get a second tier CB in free agency. I think they use the draft to address linebacker and DT.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes we'll grab a stop gap veteran DB from the FA pool, until the young guys get comfortable. We didn't draft 3 DBs in the first 5 picks last year just because it was fun.

Bert102176
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM
hey Clump buddy how much money do we have after the 4 signings friday

The Answer
03-03-2007, 11:36 PM
The Answer thinks a LB and CB will be signed via draft/FA - can't fix every problem in one offseason.

~The Answer

feelthepain
03-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes we'll grab a stop gap veteran DB from the FA pool, until the young guys get comfortable. We didn't draft 3 DBs in the first 5 picks last year just because it was fun.

Just how many DP do you expect to hit on...all of them? Seriously, just because you draft a player doesn't mean it's a guaranteed pick. Good lord son, wake up, this isn't Madden.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I think they will try very hard to re-sign K.Thomas at CB, then draft DT (Okoye), LB (could be MLB or OLB, best available playmaker) and CB (best remaining on the board) on Day One of the draft. If Okoye is available and they don't trade McGahee for a draft pick, it could be in that order. If they trade McGahee, I would expect them to draft a RB pretty high--probably no later than Round 2. I think the rest of their FA signings will be "depth" signings at this point.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Just how many DP do you expect to hit on...all of them? Seriously, just because you draft a player doesn't mean it's a guaranteed pick. Good lord son, wake up, this isn't Madden.
must be a very slow day in the ocean. Don't worry , there's still the june 1 cuts. I'm sure Cameron will find some carps from that pool. I heard he called Jamie Nails to see what he's doing these days. :lol: