PDA

View Full Version : Funny! They all OVERPAID!!

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 07:19 AM
The bills sign Dockery and then skins fans say, we overpaid for him.

The Pats sign Welker and finfans on FH say the Pats overpaid for him.

9'ers sign Clements and we say they overpaid for him.

we sign our own (kelsay) and we overspent for him too.

The Jags signed Pashos and the raven fans say they overpaid him. Same thing about the Thomas signing by NE.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2007, 07:49 AM
It's all true. Football players are all grossly overpaid.

SABURZFAN
03-04-2007, 07:50 AM
with a big jump in the salary cap,it was expected.

jimmifli
03-04-2007, 07:51 AM
The bills sign Dockery and then skins fans say, we overpaid for him.

The Pats sign Welker and finfans on FH say the Pats overpaid for him.

9'ers sign Clements and we say they overpaid for him.

we sign our own (kelsay) and we overspent for him too.

The Jags signed Pashos and the raven fans say they overpaid him. Same thing about the Thomas signing by NE.
It's almost like the cap has gone up and every team has lots of money to spend.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 08:07 AM
my pont is, that the fans of the team that the players left will always say, they overpaid including bills fans. This makes me feel better about the money we spent. Yes, including the Kelsay signing.

Overpaid or not , I trust The MArv.

Mr. Pink
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome to FA where you HAVE to overpay to get players. It's been this way ever since Plan B free agency ended. Hell, in 95 when cleveland signed Andre Rison, Browns and Falcons fans said they overpaid.

DMBcrew36
03-04-2007, 08:44 AM
with a big jump in the salary cap,it was expected.

yep, pretty much. It's just the way the market is going.

Canadian'eh!
03-04-2007, 09:02 AM
What i really don't understand is how Bills fans can say the 9ers overpaid for Nate.

If the numbers are right, we gave 18.5 mill in guranteed money to a starting LG who's got lots of potential, but still has ltos to prove and is seen was seen as the 3rd best one available. (he's also the highest paid of the 3 and also making more than Steve Hutchinson)

meanwhile the 9ers got a shutdown corner for 22 mill in guranateed money. i'm thinking for 3.5 million more in guranateed money, the shutdown corner is more valauble than a starting LG.

don't get me wrong, we NEEDED to fix that OL, and i'm glad we signed Dockery.... but i can't see how we can slam the 9ers for their contract with Nate without being very hypocritcal.

jmb1099
03-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Nate is not a shut down corner. He's a good corner, but too inconsistent to be labled shut down. I wish we could have kept him, but for the price he was asking we can address multiple areas of concern.
I will give you this though... with the increase in the cap maybe I'm just in shock over the increase in the overall numbers.

casdhf
03-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome to FA where you HAVE to overpay to get players. It's been this way ever since Plan B free agency ended. Hell, in 95 when cleveland signed Andre Rison, Browns and Falcons fans said they overpaid. How'd that work out for Cleveland, anyways?

HAMMER
03-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Nate is not a shut down corner. He's a good corner, but too inconsistent to be labled shut down. I wish we could have kept him, but for the price he was asking we can address multiple areas of concern.
I will give you this though... with the increase in the cap maybe I'm just in shock over the increase in the overall numbers.

He is a shut down corner, the struggles he had early last year were primarily due to a new system.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 11:03 AM
He is a shut down corner, the struggles he had early last year were primarily due to a new system.
yup,once he started picking up the system he started playing like a probowler. However, we don't need all that cap tied on a cb on a system that doesn't require top tier cb's.

Mr. Pink
03-04-2007, 11:54 AM
How'd that work out for Cleveland, anyways?

ehhhhhhh, shuddup! I mean that in the nicest way possible. :dance:

I was just using an example with Rison to illustrate my point of ever since Plan B ending teams have overpaid to lure players to their city. Or keep players from testing the market.

Talk0fNewYork
03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
When the salary cap goes up 30 mil in 2 years, players will seem to be overpaid, but thier not.

Samphin1
03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Personally I think the Clements contract and the possible Welker one are worse. Dockery is overpaid, but he is at least in line with what the other guards got this offseason, even if he is slightly less talented than those two.

But 80 million for Clements? Almost 40 million for Welker? That is a gross overpayment for those players in my opinion.

patmoran2006
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I dont agree..

I think if a team has a big NEED and it makes the entire unit better, then it's not overpaying; it's investing properly.

For that reason: I don't think Dockery was overpaid.. HE's the first legit guard the Bills have had in years and makes the left side of the line instantly a weapon.

I dont think NE overpaid for Thomas either; He's a younger Willie McGinest and with that DL in front of him, he could be a MVP candidate.

I dont think Washington overpaid for Fletcher either; he's a warrior and bring a different mentality to that front seven. $5 million per for one of the better LB's in football is a good deal, IMO.

ON the other hand; guys who got money just cause it's the market rate, but won't do a lot to make that entire unit better; they are "overpaid"

Kelsay is overpaid. He's a average starter and the Bills could've done much better with that money (IMO)- I was PRAYING we'd take a run at DeWayne White, who has a lot more upside....... Clements is way overpaid as I dont think any corner is worth that much- he can't cover an entire football field.

Then there are sink/swim kind of deals- the deal Buffalo did for Walker is a good example. AT $5 million per, if he becomes a solid tackle then it's worth the money--but he comes with a huge risk and a huge price tag- he struggled real bad with the Raiders... there is even a chance we could have a $5 million dollar bench warmer because if a competition is fair; don't count out Pennington at RT. The good thing is he's capable of playing RG.. WHich means as long as he starts he's not a total waste.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I dont agree..

. you should apply for the fins' FO. You'd fit in with those who are clueless about the FA market value. The entire NFL can't be wrong about the high contracts that are being given out. but hey, what do they know right?

patmoran2006
03-04-2007, 12:34 PM
you should apply for the fins' FO. You'd fit in with those who are clueless about the FA market value. The entire NFL can't be wrong about the high contracts that are being given out. but hey, what do they know right?
If you dont "overpay" for guys who will help you win games, then someone else will. If its a player who will make a difference, such as Dockery in Buffalo or Thomas in NE, then its worth it.

In the meantime, the Jills are holding try outs soon.. Maybe you should give it a go. Make sure you bring your BZ pom poms too. Guys like Thomas and Welker are overpaid, and Kelsay and Walker weren't.. lol

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 12:37 PM
If you dont "overpay" for guys who will help you win games, then someone else will. If its a player who will make a difference, such as Dockery in Buffalo or Thomas in NE, then its worth it.

In the meantime, the Jills are holding try outs soon.. Maybe you should give it a go. Make sure you bring your BZ pom poms too. Guys like Thomas and Welker are overpaid, and Kelsay and Walker weren't.. lol
right. Marv is clueless. Still sticking with that ICE attitude I see. At least ICe was a pop warner coach. Are you a pop warner manager too?

feelthepain
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM

How do you know Dockery will be an improvement on your team? Just because he played OK for the Redskins (which has a much much better line) doesn't mean Dockery will step right in and improve your line. The Skins didn't think enough of him to keep him, not for the amount the Bills paid and they've got the money to spend. The Redskins also have more knowledge of his worth then the Bills do. The reason Dockery was said to be overpaid is because you gave up more money then the value you got for the money.

Example: Lets say you landed Steve Hutchinson for the same amount you paid Dockery, would people be saying he was overpaid for that amount?? No!!

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
How do you know Dockery will be an improvement on your team? Just because he played OK for the Redskins (which has a much much better line) doesn't mean Dockery will step right in and improve your line. !

Just like, how did we know that Bennie would make your OL crappy and Mularkey make you O ******ed?

We just know my little beeeyotch.

theanswer74
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
How do you know Dockery will be an improvement on your team? Just because he played OK for the Redskins (which has a much much better line) doesn't mean Dockery will step right in and improve your line. The Skins didn't think enough of him to keep him, not for the amount the Bills paid and they've got the money to spend. The Redskins also have more knowledge of his worth then the Bills do. The reason Dockery was said to be overpaid is because you gave up more money then the value you got for the money.

Example: Lets say you landed Steve Hutchinson for the same amount you paid Dockery, would people be saying he was overpaid for that amount?? No!!

WTF is it with some people. Played ok?? The guy was good. The Skins did try to sign him, and no they werent going to add another big contract to their OL. They gave Chris Samuels 47 million a couple years ago, gave John Jansen a 23 million extension last year, traded for Randy Thomas a couple years ago and gave him 28 million....they already spent soo much money on the OL. Then Dockery plays at a probowl level last year and his price went too high.

Again, if anyone thinks Dockery is not an upgrade over Bennie Anderson, Tutan Reyes, and Mike Gandy, they need to just go away.

Dockery doesnt have the name or fortune of playing on an offense like the one Steinbach did and didnt play in front of Tomlinson, so he didnt get the press. All the guy did was start 48 consecutive games on one of the best offensive lines in football and help lead a rushing attack that finished 4th last year and 7th the year before.

I dont really care what Redskins fans say now that he is a Bill, I looked back at what they said about him during the season and you would think he was the best OG in football.

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2007, 03:30 PM

or just gross

feelthepain
03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
WTF is it with some people. Played ok?? The guy was good. The Skins did try to sign him, and no they werent going to add another big contract to their OL. They gave Chris Samuels 47 million a couple years ago, gave John Jansen a 23 million extension last year, traded for Randy Thomas a couple years ago and gave him 28 million....they already spent soo much money on the OL. Then Dockery plays at a probowl level last year and his price went too high.

Again, if anyone thinks Dockery is not an upgrade over Bennie Anderson, Tutan Reyes, and Mike Gandy, they need to just go away.

Dockery doesnt have the name or fortune of playing on an offense like the one Steinbach did and didnt play in front of Tomlinson, so he didnt get the press. All the guy did was start 48 consecutive games on one of the best offensive lines in football and help lead a rushing attack that finished 4th last year and 7th the year before.

I dont really care what Redskins fans say now that he is a Bill, I looked back at what they said about him during the season and you would think he was the best OG in football.

That's really not hard to do is it?? Again, Dockery is a G, not a T and he is getting paid way too much. He's OK for the 1000th time, but OK isn't worth 49 million.

Night Train
03-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Dead on. All 4 of the major sports athletes are obscenely overpaid, which makes us scream when they complain or cry for " respect ".