PDA

View Full Version : Can a fish replace Price?

Bufftp
03-08-2003, 12:47 PM
When reached Friday night Gadsden declined comment, but now that David Boston (San Diego) and Peerless Price (Atlanta) have found homes, Gadsden could be in line to take some visits next week. One place could be Buffalo, who need a possession-type receiver opposite Eric Moulds. Tennessee, Baltimore and possibly Carolina could bring Gadsden in for a look.
The Dolphins added a tall receiver with good hands Friday, but it was not Oronde Gadsden.

Derrius Thompson of Washington will be introduced today after signing a three-year deal on Friday.

The Dolphins' attempts to re-sign Gadsden have not been fruitful. Senior Vice President Rick Spielman had said if the club were to sign Thompson, it would not affect Gadsden's return. The Dolphins did not comment on Thompson because they do not talk about players until a contract is signed.

The team had discussions Friday with Gadsden's agent, Michael Todd, "but I wouldn't say they were anything substantial."

more (http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/saturday/sports_e39667d9c17620dd0084.html)

Billz_fan
03-08-2003, 12:58 PM
The guy has great hands. His decision to end his season last year by having surgery that could have waited is what i would worry about.

I don't remember all the details but he and his agent more or less used the surgery to sit out the rest of the season untill free agency.

Captain gameboy
03-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Nonsense.
We've got a posession receiver. We are looking for a burner.

Any ex Dolphin ex Marino and Paul Warfield must be looked at as "damaged goods."

RedEyE
03-08-2003, 01:05 PM
The Ravens will be looking very hard at Gasden. Their primary objective is a WR especially Conway or Jenkins. However, if deals fall through for anyone of those two Gadsden will quickly join the list. He has decent size and great hands. A little sluggish on routes, but more than capable of filling in at 3rd receiver. 2 problems though - 1) I really don't think that TD would be willing to pay Gasden the money to fill in at 3rd WR. It's not his style. 2) I really don't think Gasden will sign with a team as a 3rd WR. He is too high on himself and his talents out perform that position of play.

Probably wise to look elsewhere.

Bert102176
03-08-2003, 03:44 PM
I would like MartayJenkins personnally.

Seano
03-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Gameboy you have 100% right. It is going to turn out that we have one of the best "posession type" receivers in the league. We need speed if anything at all.

justasportsfan
03-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Gadsen has good hands. He's definitely would be great competition for Reed. He does have twinkle toes though. Athritic toes, I mean.

casdhf
03-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Moulds is the complete package though. He's the burner and the posession man....we could add either and be fine.

TigerJ
03-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Nothing against Gadsen's fish background, but I share the opinion of some others that I want to replace speed with speed. Moulds has only moderate speed. He gets deep with a combination of being able to outmuscle DBs and his general craftiness. Being able to put some real heat on the other side helps to put pressure on defences and makes it easier for Moulds to make his own deep catches.

Demon
03-08-2003, 07:21 PM
How much is Conway asking for?

I heard hes going to get a pretty good paycheck and prolly out of our reach..... i might be wrong though.