• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

Adams waiting for Takeo?

I'm going to guess that the emminent signing of Adams relies on Takeo getting out of Cincy. I bet you won't hear about him signing until after Takeo is officially ours, and then very shortly thereafter. I'd be very suprised if he signs before that. So this may carry over until Monday if the Bengals don't release the tag today.
    I wish the upfront cap hit would have been worse to deter Cincy from signing him. The Bengals can still afford him.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Yeah they could technically but then how would they improve the rest of that sorry arse tem, it won't happen! Go Bills!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

The last thing a new head coach wants is a leftover who doesn't want to be there.
      He's ours.

Comment

Yeah Sam's basically ours, the agent is the sam guy as Pat and Pat's a UFA either next year or the year after. With Sam next to him Pat's $$$ goes way up because Sam will take some double teams when last year Pat was doubled alot and NOBODY doubled Ron Edwards. So by next Friday we WILL have Takeo and Sam.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

I heard on Sporting News radio that the Bengals are interested in Sam Adams??
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• jchild178
            • Mar 2003

yeah but they already signed John Thorton?

Comment

• Doc
              • Dec 2002

Sam's probably not interested in them now. I'm sure he heard an earful from Takeo when they went out to dinner with Eric, Ruben, and Pat. As for the Bungles having money to match the contract, they'd have the money even if the Bills offered him double his signing bonus. The sticker is the next 2 years when Spikes will make a good chunk of change, since his contract is front-loaded. In the end however, it won't matter because he won't play for them. which means more than any amount the Bungles could match.

Comment

• Brian H
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Nov 2002

Maybe Adams didnt like the food and declined our offer?
                ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• McD
                  • Jan 2003

What a crappy rule. Why give a team 7 days to match? Either you want the guy or you don't. Either you can afford the guy or you can't. I've seen plenty of scenarios on these boards that support either view, don't tell me the "expert" on each team don't know already. Get it over with.

McD
                  22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• Billz_fan
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Brian H
                    Maybe Adams didnt like the food and declined our offer?
                    I really don't see Sam having a problem with the food In Buffalo
                    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Brian H
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan

I really don't see Sam having a problem with the food In Buffalo
                      ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• McD
                        • Jan 2003

Question is.......

........is there enough??
                        22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by McD
                          What a crappy rule. Why give a team 7 days to match? Either you want the guy or you don't. Either you can afford the guy or you can't. I've seen plenty of scenarios on these boards that support either view, don't tell me the "expert" on each team don't know already. Get it over with.

McD
                          McD, if I'm not mistaken, the Bengals can simply say they won't match it and that could be the end of it. But why should they? There's nothing in doing that for them. It can't hurt them to wait it out.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ejsmith
                            • Aug 2002

Actually, I believe his average top 10 salary for his position (from the transition tag) is counted against their salary cap until they decide. They might want to free that money up to pursue other FA's.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                              • Jul 2002

The 4.8 or so million dollars from the tag is on their cap, that's how it can hurt them. It's off as soon as they decline. They still have FA's coming in and spots to fill. It simply isnt worth it to them to hold onto Spikes with everyone in the world knowing that they aren't going to keep him just to spite him and the Bills. Teams keep these guys for the seven days just to hurt the other teams or players all the time (so the other teams can't sign other players not knowing whether they have the money or not) but that's only when there is a question of whether or not they will sign them, at least in the public's eye. It's just bad to do it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X