PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Greer

Talk0fNewYork
03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I know theres all this talk about Nate Clements replacment, What CB we should draft, what FA we should sign, but I have a feeling Marv and Co. have a different plan for this position. I think they are just going to let Ashton Youboty and Jabari Greer battle it out for the #2 and #3 spots. If Jabari Greer can put on say 10-15 lbs. and with some of his starting experience, he may be able to start. Chris Brown has even gone out to say....

Jabari is usually the loose, friendly, happy go lucky guy and he was when I first walked into the room, but after that he was all business. I've never seen him that serious about his job before. He know he has to be stronger and more physical.

he certainly believes he can be and is more determined than I have ever seen him. He thinks coming into camp at 190 pounds is a realistic goal. We'll see in late July at St. John Fisher. One thing is for sure Greer is an easy guy to root for.
He has more experience than Youboty, has been great in Training Camp the last two years, don't be suprised if he can land the #2/#3 spot this upcoming season.

gr8slayer
03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I heard from somewhere (couldn't even tell you now it's been so long) that Greer ran a freaking 4.3 40. Doesn't mean crap in the grand scheme of things but that's some great strait line speed.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
no. 2 or 3? McGee is not even a lock at no. 1.

gr8slayer
03-04-2007, 11:43 AM
no. 2 or 3? McGee is not even a lock at no. 1.
Going into last season I thought he might be ready to be a number on but last season kinda took that thought away :(

That's not to say he can't return to form though, he's a hell of an athlete and has all the tools.

Talk0fNewYork
03-04-2007, 11:54 AM
We all could see McGee struggled with the new defense, but with another offseason he'll be back to old forum.

theanswer74
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Going into last season I thought he might be ready to be a number on but last season kinda took that thought away :(

That's not to say he can't return to form though, he's a hell of an athlete and has all the tools.

Clements was also terrible in 2005, but turned 2006 season into 80 million. We all know Mcgee can play, lets just hope he had an off year like Clements did in 2005.

Im a huge fan of Greer's. I think he is a very good CB that doesnt get beat deep. If he does add some bulk and can keep most of his speed, he could be a gem for us.

Greer is like a shadow out there, just lacked the strength. I think he will be a starter for us.

casdhf
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Even if we draft a CB in the first round, the guy won't start from day one. It doesnt ususally work that way with CBs. So, Green should get plenty of playing time. I know Youboty has a pretty big frame, it wouldnt suprise me if he claims the job early on. He may end up losing it later, but ... I think he ends up penciled in come July.

G. Host
03-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Bills need a taller starting CB or are going to be eaten alive by taller WRs.

I have no trouble signing Greer again but we need another CB.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2007, 02:23 PM
if Greer can get stronger and not get outmuscled by the bigger recievers, he could be a decent option. That said, if we go into the season with McGee, Greer, and Youboty, I'm not going to be looking for any shutouts....if you catch my drift.

patmoran2006
03-04-2007, 02:26 PM
At best Greer is a 3.. at best

Bone
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Bills need a taller starting CB or are going to be eaten alive by taller WRs.

I have no trouble signing Greer again but we need another CB.

Antoine Winfield..nuff said

ShadowHawk7
03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Don't forget KT. He was also a solid signing. Greer has had amazing preseasons then has seemed to disappear in the season. I would like to see him build up and take that starter spot, but that seems to be a stretch at this point.

So the huge question is with our current CBs, would you add another via FA, at what cost, and to play which spots?

or draft? What round? and to play which spot?