X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Next Season, The Dolphins Will Struggle

I really hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, but after reading a blog, it will be ok if my team struggles again next year. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to win every game, but sometimes the cutting of bigger players, even some fan favorites has to happen some time for the bettering of the future. Look at the Titans, a couple of years ago they had to bite the bullet and go through some crappy times, but now it seems like they're on the rebound.

In the past it seems like the coach at the time would always say "we're this close," and go out and get that seminal free agent to put us over the top whcih could cost us draft picks, cap $$ or usually both. Now is the lean times. Now those tough cuts are being made, some fan faves are either out, or on their way out, but that's just the nature of the beast. I'm preparing for a rough season, of course hoping for the best (not giving up by a long shot,) but a rough time until we can be even better with the cap for the future, gain and develop draft picks, and be better for the future. I always enjoy conversing with the football fans on this site (and sometimes the mentally challenged ones here can be amusing,) so if you want to continue to have good to above average football talk then great (I can only promise so much lol.) Let the OFFICIAL rebuilding begin, lol.

btw here's the blog entry from an Ethan Skolnick

Fins Strategy

They are rebuilding.
    Finally.
    This has come several years late, but the Dolphins finally appear to be taking a different approach. They are not reloading on the fly -- a strategy that got them nowhere. They are breaking it down, to build it back up.
    So, as a fan, you have to change your thought process, and consider everything in those terms. I like Wes Welker but, a few years ago, he cost the Dolphins nothing. Now, if you can get a second-round pick, you take it.
    Randy Mueller is collecting picks, to use and to package.
    Cam Cameron obviously has bought into the strategy -- and, for that, I give him credit. He is showing that he understands the big picture, the "process," in a way that Nick Saban did not. It may come at the expense of a few wins this year, but it might lead to something better down the road.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Next Season, The Dolphins Will Struggle

have to do what we need to do. If anyone should understand, it would be the Bills fans

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

the fins are gonna try to build via the draft IMO. They don't have the cap to be aggressive this year and even if they did, big named FA's lately have been opting to go with teams that are primed to make a sb run or contenders where in Miami is just rebuilding. They have major questionmarks on critical positions like QB, wr, etc.

Cam is rebuilding from scratch.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
        I really hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, but after reading a blog, it will be ok if my team struggles again next year. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to win every game, but sometimes the cutting of bigger players, even some fan favorites has to happen some time for the bettering of the future. Look at the Titans, a couple of years ago they had to bite the bullet and go through some crappy times, but now it seems like they're on the rebound.

In the past it seems like the coach at the time would always say "we're this close," and go out and get that seminal free agent to put us over the top whcih could cost us draft picks, cap $$ or usually both. Now is the lean times. Now those tough cuts are being made, some fan faves are either out, or on their way out, but that's just the nature of the beast. I'm preparing for a rough season, of course hoping for the best (not giving up by a long shot,) but a rough time until we can be even better with the cap for the future, gain and develop draft picks, and be better for the future. I always enjoy conversing with the football fans on this site (and sometimes the mentally challenged ones here can be amusing,) so if you want to continue to have good to above average football talk then great (I can only promise so much lol.) Let the OFFICIAL rebuilding begin, lol.

btw here's the blog entry from an Ethan Skolnick
        Great post man.

Although I dont know if its true, ill have to ask FTP. Last I heard the Fins were on the verge of greatness. For like 6 seasons or something. Thats a big ass "verge".

Like Levy did last year, sometimes its more productive to clear out what doesnt work and start putting the pieces together. Plugging in 40 year old players for a season or two doesnt work.

Good read man.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

New England is still the team to beat, and they got better this weekend.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            Although I dont know if its true, ill have to ask FTP. Last I heard the Fins were on the verge of greatness. For like 6 seasons or something. Thats a big ass "verge".

I'll say it for the finfans, FTP does not speak on their behalf even though he thinks he's the voice of the finfans here. He's even laughed at over at FH. Any finfan who does not agree with his ******edness in his book is a closet bills fan or BZ a$$kisser.

Now hit me with a nice pos rep LT.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                Great post man.

Like Levy did last year, sometimes its more productive to clear out what doesnt work and start putting the pieces together. Plugging in 40 year old players for a season or two doesnt work.

Good read man.

Tell me who we've lost. We still have our D, we have Ronnie, Daunte, most likely Ricky, We are stockpiling DP's the Jets were us last year and look how they turned out...without a running game. I know Bill fans want Miami to suck that's a given, but just because a fin fan thinks Miami will struggle means nothing. I can find 10 Bill fans here that think the Bills are heading nowhere, so I guess that means they'll suck, cause a fan thinks so. I think playing the games is all that counts not what you think will or won't happen.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Tell me who we've lost.
                  the great AJ Feeley.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Now hit me with a nice pos rep LT.

"hurt me, hurt me, talk dirty to me"
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Tell me who we've lost.
                      You haven't lost anybody, except Wilkerson and Welker as far as I know, from a team that got swept, shut-out, and held to six points total in our two games.

You haven't gained anybody either.

If you're OK with that, so am I
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Miami could be deciding which player to draft with the No. 1 overall pick at this time next year. They look terrible.

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                          You haven't lost anybody, except Wilkerson and Welker as far as I know, from a team that got swept, shut-out, and held to six points total in our two games.

You haven't gained anybody either.

If you're OK with that, so am I
                          And you lost to the Lions, Pats and Bears..Teams we beat pretty soundly. We also have a much much better D and running game then the Bills. We will also have a bunch of first day picks and if you think we aren't gonna be a part of FA you're clueless.

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                            Miami could be deciding which player to draft with the No. 1 overall pick at this time next year. They look terrible.
                            Wasn't that your opinion of the Jets and Saints at his time last year??

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Wasn't that your opinion of the Jets and Saints at his time last year??
                              The Jets ended up having a great coach, and the Saints had Bush and Brees. You don't. Your team sucks.

Stop hiring horrible college coaches. Oh wait, don't, so you can continue to suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X