PDA

View Full Version : Suppose we could still afford Hugh Douglas

Buffarama
03-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Suppose we got Takeo and Adams. Then we could still afford Hugh. Would you get him?

colin
03-08-2003, 01:14 PM
That would be awesome, but I think he is too expensive.

RedEyE
03-08-2003, 01:18 PM
That is a defensive coaches wet dream. ...and I don't think it will happen.

SoCalBillsFan
03-08-2003, 01:19 PM
depends on the cap...We can't sign too many backloaded contracts or selse in a couple years we'll be in cap trouble again, although from what I hear TKO's cap hit is bigger up front, right (clump)?

Still, having hugh would be great, I just dont know if its really feasible.

Herdwatcher
03-08-2003, 01:28 PM
With all the activity so far, it doesn't look to good for Douglas being in a Bills uniform anytime soon. too bad.

Demon
03-08-2003, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't even want Hugh Douglass. I'd reather spend the money elsewhere, like on a saftey or a WR or even a kick returner who could return kicks unlike Rogers. But also heres a good article on another reason why i wouldn't take Douglass......

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/dan_pompei/20030225.html

Tatonka
03-08-2003, 01:59 PM
i would take douglas in a heartbeat.. are you kidding.. he is the most consistent and best DE in the league, besides maybe a jason taylor.

and we have not signed anyone to backloaded contracts... so that is not an issue.

Demon
03-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would take douglas in a heartbeat.. are you kidding.. he is the most consistent and best DE in the league, besides maybe a jason taylor.

and we have not signed anyone to backloaded contracts... so that is not an issue.

Look at his stats. He was the best DE early last season and nowhere to be found late in the season. Same thing 2 years ago. Hes getting older and he wears down every easy. Like the article said, Douglas dominated Oben early in the season but late in the season Oben dominated him in a playoff game.

I wouldn't touch a 31 year old DE who gets worse and worse as the season goes. From this point of his career he will get worse and worse each season, why do you think Philly doesn't want to pay him all the money hes asking for? They can afford it they just know hes not the same player as everyone seems he is.

Besides, i doubt we'd win him in a bidding war with Kansas City.

Tatonka
03-08-2003, 02:09 PM
point taken.