PDA

View Full Version : According to Chris Brown....

Devin
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
NO MORE VISITS THIS WEEKEND: After a very busy Friday the Bills have no more scheduled free agents visits this weekend. Obviously if something changes I'll let you know. Once I obtain the details of the contracts signed by the three offensive linemen I'll try to explain realistically how much more free agent shopping the Bills can do. Looking at the deals on the surface, I'm not anticipating any big names from here on out. Some less notable signings probably. Of course most of the notable free agent talent has been signed anyway.

I hope to be able to detail that better for everyone by the middle the week.

Personally doesnt bother me in the least I didnt expect, like some here, for Marv to fix everything in one offseason. We will plug more holes via the draft. Probably 1-2 role players and thats about it.

Devin
03-04-2007, 12:57 PM
An no i dont know why everything is bolded.

patmoran2006
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Im hoping we could land one defensive sure starter in FA.. That would be three starters via FA and I think I'd be happy with that.

Devin
Im shocked and amazed we pulled off what we did day 1. Im already happy.

I said from the getgo if Marv signed simply 1 impact guy on the OL, preferrably a OG id be thrilled and he wouldnt have to do a thing else. He did that.

We will likely get a starting player or two rounds 1-3.

YardRat
I'd still like to see them pick up a corner, a LB, and a RB depending on what happens with McGahee.

I don't think we're going to score all three in the draft.

justasportsfan
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
IF we don't grab either a DT or lb in FA'cy and depend on the draft to fill those holes, I guess we'll be depending on the O to carry the team this season.

Philagape
03-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Marv deserves a nap.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
An no i dont know why everything is bolded.
Because of the [B]?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2007, 01:47 PM

I said from the getgo if Marv signed simply 1 impact guy on the OL, preferrably a OG id be thrilled and he wouldnt have to do a thing else. He did that.

I'm happy with what we've signed already. All I want now is to bring A-Train back and maybe a cheap insurance RB.

Canadian'eh!
03-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I was hoping for Cato June and/or Nick Harper.

I guess that's out of the question?

Tatonka
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
i honestly dont want cato june. i think he will command too much money for a guy that is no different than ellison. it actually took june years to crack the starting lineup, where as ellison showed he could play as a rookie.

june is also not known for being anything close to dominant against the run. he is more of a coverage LB which is exactly what ellison is, crowell as well.

just say no to june.

tampabay25690
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Devin you are right on that, Leon Hall or Patrick Willis seem to be a lock to draft for the Bills in the 12th position. I would like them to draft the ILB Willis and he is ready to start right away..

jpdex12
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I was hoping for Cato June and/or Nick Harper.

I guess that's out of the question?

I'd be happy to finish FA with the signing of Nick Harper or Hood from the Eagles to compete for the vacant CB spot. As of now we have plenty of DT's and don't forget we have Wire, Stamer and Haggan to create depth at LB. I know they aren't big names but they can fill in as depth. Yes we lost ILB and Takeo MAY be traded, but that leaves us with Crowell and Ellison as starters and one big draft pick can fill the vacant position (1st rounder).

Other than a starter that can be had in the 1st round I see the Bills drafting to improve any postion of need...competition...DT, LB, WR, CB.

The Answer
03-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Critical to pull the trigger on mcgahee soon - he should either net a draft pick or player in return. Actually leaning towards getting a starting LB/DB in a trade.

Hoping Travis Henry becomes a Bill again as well.

~The Answer

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Critical to pull the trigger on mcgahee soon - he should either net a draft pick or player in return. Actually leaning towards getting a starting LB/DB in a trade.

Hoping Travis Henry becomes a Bill again as well.

~The Answer

I have a feeling Travis Henry's gonna end up playing in the AFC West somewhere.

DMBcrew36
03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Marv deserves a nap.

ha, that what I was thinking. Thursday and Friday were long days for Marv. Time to nap up.

ricogarion
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Man you wish the signings could continue for the "high" Friday generated but I understand, I am a Bills Junkie and I can't recover cause I like wallowing in my addiction. The cravings are rough but the draft will get me through to the training camp just don't know why the Bills security keeps throwing me out of the stadium when they wake me up in my seat.........

TigerJ
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm guessing a second tier CB or Linebacker, or maybe a fullback. Not all three though.

Saratoga Slim
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
i honestly dont want cato june. i think he will command too much money for a guy that is no different than ellison. it actually took june years to crack the starting lineup, where as ellison showed he could play as a rookie.

june is also not known for being anything close to dominant against the run. he is more of a coverage LB which is exactly what ellison is, crowell as well.

just say no to june.

yeah I don't think Cato would be that big a help for the amount he'd cost us. not that we likely have enough cap space left to make it happen anyway.

Devin
03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a feeling Travis Henry's gonna end up playing in the AFC West somewhere.

Like maybe Denver where its been on the news/web for like 2 days now?

jpdex12
03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
yeah I don't think Cato would be that big a help for the amount he'd cost us. not that we likely have enough cap space left to make it happen anyway.

Without knowing how much he would cost, I think that you cannot leave him out of the mix. His stats have been solid! He would be a fit for us at a reasonable price.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#00417e><TD colSpan=20>Defense Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>SOLO</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PD</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>FF</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><!--teamId2=11--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>103</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>115</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>IND</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>142</TD><TD>96</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>349</TD><TD>244</TD><TD>105</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ublinkwescore
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Like maybe Denver where its been on the news/web for like 2 days now?

Umm Oakland also supposedly asked him to visit them as well.

but yeah, he's probably gonna end up in Denver - if I were in his shoes, I'd go to Denver - their line, like actually exists or something - unlike what Oakland had (lines typically don't get fixed immediately over one season - where as Denver has had a great line - especially for running the ball for like a decade now).

jamesiscool
03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Without knowing how much he would cost, I think that you cannot leave him out of the mix. His stats have been solid! He would be a fit for us at a reasonable price.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" bgcolor="#00417e"><td colspan="20">Defense Stats</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left" width="8%">YEAR</td><td align="left" width="8%">TEAM</td><td>G</td><td>TOT</td><td>SOLO</td><td>AST</td><td>PD</td><td>SACK</td><td>FF</td><td>REC</td><td>INT</td><td>YDS</td><td>TD</td></tr><!--teamId2=11--><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">2003</td><td align="left">IND</td><td>11</td><td>8</td><td>6</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2004</td><td align="left">IND</td><td>16</td><td>110</td><td>85</td><td>25</td><td>9</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>2</td><td>71</td><td>0</td></tr><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">2005</td><td align="left">IND</td><td>13</td><td>103</td><td>68</td><td>35</td><td>7</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>5</td><td>115</td><td>2</td></tr><!--teamId=11--><!--teamId2=11--><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2006</td><td align="left">IND</td><td>16</td><td>142</td><td>96</td><td>46</td><td>4</td><td>1.0</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>3</td><td>14</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td colspan="2" align="left">Career</td><td>56</td><td>349</td><td>244</td><td>105</td><td>20</td><td>1.0</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>10</td><td>200</td><td>2</td></tr></tbody></table>

marv has said that he wants an attacking LB. he has one sack in a four year career. not much of an attacking linebacker stat.

James

ublinkwescore
03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow, I didn't know that - now I'm not so sure we want him - he's not that a very balanced LB.