• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Why?

Why does mostly the majority of forum members here want McGahee out?

He is a good back, yea hes not an angel as a person, but if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have won mnay games imho.

Please don't flame, I just honestly want to know why he's not wanted.

Even with a MarShawn Lynch, it's not like hes going to be looking like an All-Pro back, it takes time.

Also why are we even talking about the offensive line? Yea those were some huge signings for us, but we easily had one of the worst Olines we have ever seen as bills fans, I mean people are saying that were going to have one of the best OLines in the league, I hope we do, but I just don't think it's that easy.

As the draft comes around, Im not predicting any picks this time, Donte Whitner, 8th overall pick? I love the guy, I have his jersey but hes not an 8th overall pick, Josh McCargo I wanted to puke when I heard this, I never heard of him. Im actually sort of scared about this draft this year.
    BILLIEVE
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Why?

He is going to hold out if he and rosenpuke don't get a big new contract. 3 kids cost lots of money and he needs to pay for them. A draft pick gives us a potential for something of value, Willis came here to leave here. He is Miami U lifer, not Blue collar Buffalo.

What down is it Willis, ummm 3rd? No 4th, oh oops.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Is a me player, acts like he is better than he really is, has Rosen-ass as an agent, isn't a threat to take it all the way consistently, doesn't study, questionable character...

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mitch20

He is a good back, yea hes not an angel as a person, but if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have won mnay games imho.

Even with a MarShawn Lynch, it's not like hes going to be looking like an All-Pro back, it takes time.

Also why are we even talking about the offensive line? Yea those were some huge signings for us, but we easily had one of the worst Olines we have ever seen as bills fans, I mean people are saying that were going to have one of the best OLines in the league, I hope we do, but I just don't think it's that easy.

As the draft comes around, Im not predicting any picks this time, Donte Whitner, 8th overall pick? I love the guy, I have his jersey but hes not an 8th overall pick, Josh McCargo I wanted to puke when I heard this, I never heard of him. Im actually sort of scared about this draft this year.
        Jury is still out on the Whitner/McCargo moves for sure.

As for mcgahee - the hype has always exceeded the results on the field. The Answer feels that he will never be the back he was before the devestating injury in college.

What you see now is what you get the rest of his career - average runner, mediorce blocker/pass catcher, and the attitude is only going to get worse as time goes on.

He's had 3 years to to show something, and he has proven that he is not THE ANSWER at the RB position. Get The Answer a real stud now that we have a retooled oline.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Marv is looking for a Thurman Thomas, and Willis is nowhere near it.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

He doesn't play with heart. He rarely dictates a game, and he never shows up for offseason workouts in Buffalo. He suggests the Bills move to Toronto, and he has a tendancy to be irresponsible.

other then that he's great

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

It doesn't matter what we think of him.

According to reports, he wasn't studying his playbook and messed up on some plays, causing some teammates to question his effort and priorities. The kiss of death.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

As for the offensive line, I just think people are happy to see us finally address it. I agreee that it isn't the best in the NFL, but it should be much improved. I agree about the draft picks... especially the McCargo pick, but what good is it to complain now? If they turn out to be solid players, so be it. If they don't, you'll have all the verbal ammo you'd ever need. I think the McGahee concerns were pretty well addressed above.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mitch20

Fair question and deserves an answer. In no particular order:

1) His blocking is suspect. Now as Ive stated, I think our recent signings of massive OL free us up to use more options rather than having to assign a TE and/or RB to blocking. Its possible that our O-line additions relieve McGahee of some of his blocking assignments. However, he blew one block last year that got JP blown up for a fumble and TD.

2) Tackling breaking ability. In todays NFL, the defense is so fast that they WILL get to you at or around the line of scrimmage. I cant tell you how many times Ive yelled at the screen watching Willis go down one on one with a DB as the DB grabs at his shoestrings. Can he still be a stud with that problem? maybe. But, I just dont think that issue bodes well at all for him.

3) Speed. Willis doesnt have top end speed. He gets run down from behind. He very rarely breaks long runs. Does it matter? maybe not. But speed is a killer, if you have it it adds a new dimension to your game.

4) Character. We have the MacFarlane figurine PC, we have the comments against the coaches at last years game, we have the Playboy article, we have the paternity suits. Its ridiculous. Does it matter? YES. It does to me. Your asking MY opinion and Im telling you. I think this team has been tried to add classy people through the years. Furthermore, Marv is clear that he wants character guys. At the very least, Willis has a big question mark on him due to character.

Now, why change? Because we are right in the heart of building something special IMO. We have our future QB, we have our young star WR. But we need to get our star young RB to be complete. For the above reasons I dont think it should be Willis.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

He is a very average back who is generally unmotivated, does not know our playbook, and has very little chemistry with our other players.

If we are to take the next step up, we need a feature running back who plays with heart and passion, and is an integral part of the team.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                      • Aug 2005

No Heart period!
                      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

See my sig. That's enough for me.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          Marv is looking for a Thurman Thomas, and Willis is nowhere near it.
                          Then again, why does our rb need to be a Tomlinson or a Thomas type, when we have a mobile QB with a powerful arm, and at least a decent receiver in Evans? Go after a stellar wr, help the QB on the line, and let WM play one more year.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

I have a feeling when this all done and said Willis will be playing for the Buffalo Bills this year. He will have a great year and be gone next year I see the Bills taking a back in the 2nd to 4th round...I would love to see Kenny Irons from Auburn...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

A) he came out and said The Bills should move to Toronto
                              B) the self proclaimed best back in the game doesn't give his all on every play he is in there
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X