X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Not A Bad Start To Free Agency

It's nice to see the Bills actually address the offensive line, and to do so aggressively, in free agency. Getting Dockery was nice; a guy who should be reliable @ the LG spot, giving the Bills a nice duo w/ him and Peters anchoring that side.

I'm curious to see if they have any other players targeted during this free agency period. Maybe a LB? Considering the loss of Fletch and Spikes being on the block, that would be a nice move.

McGahee on the block too? Wow. Does this mean the Bills will target Marshawn Lynch w/ their 12th overall pick, or go the free agency route to replace Willis? I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown, who is going to be an injury case due to his upright running style (Adrian Peterson beware: your style is somewhat similar to Brown's).

There should be plenty of ways the Bills can go w/ their first round pick that will help the team. LB, DT, DE, CB, WR.....whatever they decide, they should be in the position to get a very good player that will immediately help this team work to get back into the playoffs.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Not A Bad Start To Free Agency

It will be interesting to see if or when McGahee and Spikes are moved. May have to wait until draft day but you never know.

They sure came out firing on Friday. That woke up the fanbase in a big way.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
      I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown, who is going to be an injury case due to his upright running style (Adrian Peterson beware: your style is somewhat similar to Brown's).
      Eric Dickerson, who Peterson compares to in build, had an upright running-style as well.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

If they are serious about moving McGahee they need to do it soon. If they wait to long all the teams in need of a RB are going to fill the need.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
          They sure came out firing on Friday. That woke up the fanbase in a big way.
          Thats for sure. I'm still in a bit of shock we actually signed Dockery. I still go back to BB.com few times a day to make sure its still true.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I think at present we are most vulnerable at LB. Fletch is gone, we appear to be unhappy with Spikes' recovery (he's on the trading block) and Ellison is a basically untested 6th rounder.

I would think LB is our number 1 priority. We're at least 1 man short, and unlike CB and DT, we don't even have a Youboty or McCargo waiting in the wings. If we don't get a quality LB in free agency - and it looks like we won't - we need to take a good one on Day One of the draft.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I think at present we are most vulnerable at LB. Fletch is gone, we appear to be unhappy with Spikes' recovery (he's on the trading block) and Ellison is a basically untested 6th rounder.

I would think LB is our number 1 priority. We're at least 1 man short, and unlike CB and DT, we don't even have a Youboty or McCargo waiting in the wings. If we don't get a quality LB in free agency - and it looks like we won't - we need to take a good one on Day One of the draft.
              I feel pretty good with Crowell-Spikes-Ellison as our LB's. Having Fletch would have been great but hey, sometimes you have to move on. I think one more year in the system is going to do the whole Defense alot of good. Thankfully we run a D that doesn't give up very many big plays by nature and we have alot of YOUNG talent that is still up and coming. My biggest concern is how McCargo will pan out. If we can get some pressure from our front four (which is what the C2 is designed for) we can be very dangerous.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                • Jan 2007

I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown.
                Me Two, his agent a *** for throwing out our teams name, pretending there was an interest in a injury prone back.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                  Eric Dickerson, who Peterson compares to in build, had an upright running-style as well.
                  It was the 5 other builds in front of Dickerson that had a lot to do w/ his longevity and effectiveness. If Peterson lucks into a similar situation, then he's good to go. If not, once again, refer to Chris Brown.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

It was the 5 other builds in front of Dickerson that had a lot to do w/ his longevity and effectiveness. If Peterson lucks into a similar situation, then he's good to go. If not, once again, refer to Chris Brown.
                    Luck? I guess he lucked out that way with 2 different teams over an 8 year period, huh? He must have had some different linemen in that stretch.

Comment

Working...
                    X