PDA

View Full Version : No Movement So Far In The DT Market

LifetimeBillsFan
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I find it interesting that, even though there are a lot of teams that could really use a serviceable DT, there has been very little movement so far in free agency by teams to sign any of the available DTs (other than teams re-signing their own players). I know it isn't a stellar crop of players at the position this year, but you would think that some team would have made a move to pick up the equivalent of a Jason Whittle for their DT rotation by now.

I suspect that many players and agents may have expected that the overall inflation in the free agency market due to the rise in the salary cap would produce bigger numbers than are being offered and that it may now take awhile for the market price to be set at the position. Hopefully, that will mean that what it will cost to sign a decent vet will drop considerably and the Bills will be able to pick up someone (almost anyone is better than Anderson!) to add to their DT rotation if they are not able to pick up a potential stud DT in the draft.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Now that you mention it have there been any DT signings?

Italian Stallion
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah I was just thinking about this yesterday...Hopefully the movement starts with the Bills

I think some of the last few moves we make before the draft are:

- signing Ian Scott from CHI

- re signing A Train

- trading McGahee to Denver or GB for a draft pick

- Releasing Spikes (even though I don't think we should)

- Possibly signing FB Griffith from ATL, or some servicable FB