PDA

View Full Version : Lance Briggs Demanding Trade From Chicago

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Per ESPN

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788148

"The Chicago Bears team? The coaches, players, city and fans? Yeah, I could stay there forever. I love it. But the Chicago Bears organization? I don't want to be there anymore. I won't play for them and I'll do everything in my power to keep from playing there."
-- Lance Briggs

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Is he pissed because they franchised him and he is missing out on the free agent bonanza?

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Is he pissed because they franchised him and he is missing out on the free agent bonanza?
Pretty much, wouldn't you be?

Romes
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Lets do a straight swap of RB/LB. Thomas Jones and Briggs for McGahee and Spikes....

I can dream right?

HHURRICANE
03-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Trade McGahee/Spikes for Briggs/Jones. I just wanted to beat all you dreamers to it first!!!

TacklingDummy
03-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Trade McGahee/Spikes for Briggs/Jones. I just wanted to beat all you dreamers to it first!!!

You mean second. See above.

Romes
03-05-2007, 09:01 AM

:up:

camelcowboy
03-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Spikes and a second for Briggs

Mahdi
03-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Spikes and a second for Briggs
Thats actually a pretty good trade.... trading Spikes would give us the necessary space to pay Briggs.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:11 AM
More on it from Rotoworld

Lance Briggs wants to be traded from the Bears.
They were already looking to shop him, so the feeling is mutual. "The Chicago Bears team? The coaches, players, city and fans? Yeah, I could stay there forever. I love it. But the Chicago Bears organization? I don't want to be there anymore. I won't play for them and I'll do everything in my power to keep from playing there."

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Just remember. He was franchised. He wants a big deal. You all realize who his agent is, right?

Mahdi
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Just remember. He was franchised. He wants a big deal. You all realize who his agent is, right?
RosenA**? If it is forget it..... we want character agents on the Bills as well!

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I didn't look it up, but I think I remember hearing that Rosenhaus is his agent. If so, someone is going to have to break the bank to keep Briggs after this year.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:26 AM
If Rosenhaus is his agent just say no.

McBFLO
03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
For what this is worth, Donahoe never had a problem negotiating with Rosenhaus when TD was here.

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Besides McGahee, who did TD have to negotiate with Rosenhaus for?

madness
03-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Two words: Jerry Angelo

This guy seems to rub everyone the wrong way. As some of you recall, this is the same guy who wanted to fire Jauron because Jauron wasn't HIS coach. Too bad Jerry had to wait since it wouldn't look good in the eye of the public to fire the COY. After thinning out the talent by letting go of some key players, bringing in a caliber QB such as Kordell Stewart and suffering through some key injuries to start the next season off, it was finally enough to get rid of Jauron regardless of how the players felt about him. It was rumored that the late win streak put together by the Bears was soley inspired to save Jauron's job.

Here's an interesting tidbit...

Angelo made multiple references to offensive shortcomings at his press conference and said improvement in that area was a top priority. Angelo said he had talked to Jauron in the past about the direction of the offense but understood that Jauron would not compromise any of his coaches to save his job. Though he did not name offensive coordinator John Shoop, the message was sent.

Yasgur's Farm
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Lets do a straight swap of RB/LB. Thomas Jones and Briggs for McGahee and Spikes....

I can dream right?I'd throw in our 1st as well.

Don't Panic
03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd throw in our 1st as well.

I would too, but I'd be THRILLED if we could get it done with our 2nd (2nd/Spikes/McGahee for Jones/Briggs). Then trade our 1st for a late 1st and 2nd and draft Timmons (or Poz) and Leonard. This is such a pipe dream its unbelievable. If it happened though, I may just buy season tickets and travel from down south for the games!

HHURRICANE
03-05-2007, 09:59 AM

I can dream right?

Must have been doing this at the same time. Sorry.

Earthquake Enyart
03-05-2007, 10:01 AM
If freaking London Fletcher-Baker got a $10 mil signing bonus, imagine what Briggs would have gotten.

Guess what, the Bears won't trade him either, unless someone completely knocks their socks off in a deal. Like 2 No. 1's.

Romes
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM

Its all good...someone had to say it.

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd throw in our 1st as well.
No way. With our 1st we can have Patrick Willis, likely to still be there for us. We can work out a trade for McGahee and get some value for him. Behind this line I'm convinced that A-Train or a rookie could run well. No reaseon to give up an arm and a leg to sign Briggs and Jones.

mysticsoto
03-05-2007, 11:09 AM
No way. With our 1st we can have Patrick Willis, likely to still be there for us. We can work out a trade for McGahee and get some value for him. Behind this line I'm convinced that A-Train or a rookie could run well. No reaseon to give up an arm and a leg to sign Briggs and Jones.

At this point, McGahee should be kissing Marv's ass and be begging to stay. With a line like we're going to have this year, his stats will jump and he'll look good this year - he'd likely be able to swing a big contract next year. If I'm him, I'm washing Marv's car and doing anything I can - like staying in Buffalo the whole time and working on the playbook in hopes of being allowed to stay!!!

And if I'm Marv, I milk him for every piece of it so that he gives us one solid final year until we draft another. Of course, if Michael Bush is available to us in the 2nd rd...I stab McGahee in the back and grab him!!! :D

Yasgur's Farm
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
No way. With our 1st we can have Patrick Willis, likely to still be there for us. We can work out a trade for McGahee and get some value for him. Behind this line I'm convinced that A-Train or a rookie could run well. No reaseon to give up an arm and a leg to sign Briggs and Jones.Chicago's asking for a 1st for Jones... You can imagine them wanting a 1st for Thomas.

The Bills will be lucky to get a 3rd for McGahee and a 5th for Spikes.

Soooo... It would be like giving up a 1st, 3rd, 5th for 2 #1's.

Plus... These guys are immediate impact players who fill our needs perfectly.

Saratoga Slim
03-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Chicago's asking for a 1st for Jones... You can imagine them wanting a 1st for Thomas.

The Bills will be lucky to get a 3rd for McGahee and a 5th for Spikes.

Soooo... It would be like giving up a 1st, 3rd, 5th for 2 #1's.

Plus... These guys are immediate impact players who fill our needs perfectly.

Yeah, I'd have a hard time turning down that deal.

I just don't see us having the money to sign Briggs. He's going to want a 10M+ signing bonus.

Bert102176
03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
why on earth do you think they would want Mcgahee, they are set on Benson being their starter

camelcowboy
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
why on earth do you think they would want Mcgahee, they are set on Benson being their starter

I'll answer your question with another, Have you seen Benson play? Putting all their eggs in his basket would not be smart

X-Era
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Per ESPN

Seems like the perfect new ILB as far as play style goes.

But doesnt his very negative comments about the organization that he just went to the Superbowl scare anyone else?

Whether hes right or wrong, he cretainly has no problems being publicly critical of the organization. Isnt that possibly repeating past mistakes by adding guys that can cause morale problems?

Again, I dont disagree with what hes saying necessarily, only that hes SO verbal, and so public. Why not let his agent talk for him so that he doesnt look like a jerk?

The Answer
03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

I can dream right?

The Answer is all for it - however the dilemma here is Chicago getting equal value in return.

Briggs > Spikes

Jones > Mcgahee

We'd likely have to pony up our 1st round pick to make this work.

~The Answer

SM19
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't know if your cap situation would allow this, but what about swapping your first for Briggs and Chicago's first? That gives Briggs about the value of a late first-round pick, which I understand is roughly the going rate for a top linebacker.

X-Era
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM

Theres a clown on StadiumWall claiming that the Bills are already talking about a trade for Briggs.

Note the word "clown", so take it for what its worth.

DynaPaul
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Man, what a baby. He was franchised so he is getting good money for the year and he was just in the Super Bowl. I know everyone hates Angelo but just play out the year and then hit the big market. Briggs will get his money.

It'd be nice if we could get him though.

Luisito23
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't know if your cap situation would allow this, but what about swapping your first for Briggs and Chicago's first? That gives Briggs about the value of a late first-round pick, which I understand is roughly the going rate for a top linebacker.

Why in the world would Chicago do that when they can get a first plus without even touching their pick....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

YardRat
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2438

We'd think Briggs would command at least an early to mid second-round pick.

Briggs' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, reportedly wants a nine year deal worth in excess of $63.8 million.

SM19
03-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Why in the world would Chicago do that when they can get a first plus without even touching their pick....

Because it's not necessarily the case that they can. They'd get at best a late first, so it's a question of whether they want two late firsts or the twelfth pick overall. They don't have a lot of holes to fill, so they might consider taking a chance on one excellent prospect instead of two good ones.