PDA

View Full Version : Is Wes Welker better than Deion Branch

Stewie
03-05-2007, 09:19 AM
What's going on in NE?

They give welker a 38 million dollar contract, and let a super bowl MVP go to seattle to sign a 39 million dollar contract last year?

Seems like either they didn't see the cap explosion coming (not likely) or BB is getting nervous that his window is closing fast!

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll take Branch over Welker in the WR department.

North_Coast
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Worst yet, Welker is an RFA, which means that they will have to give up a second rounder if Miami doesn't match their offer -- and it seems that's unlikely since Miami's tender was $1.3 million for 1 year!

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Deion is better than Welker. However, Welker is an underrated WR who can be a Wayne Chrebet-type of player in the Pats offense. His ST contributions are a plus as well, as the Pats love versatile players.

Also, the Pats haven't even signed Welker to an offer sheet yet. He is visiting them today so maybe one will be signed.

Don't get hung up on the $39M dollar figure. Even if that is the terms of the deal, it likely is structured in a way that he will paid more affordably in the early years of the deal, while becoming guaranteed if the Dolphins match. The high overall value, if guaranteed, would keep the Dolphins from matching. That is the kind of poison pill used in the Steve Hutchinson contract.

Gunzlingr
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
FTP says that Welker is better than Jerry Rice in his prime and would be a bargain at twice the price!

The King
03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Im still heated at the cheap shot Welker took on Moorman last year. He is explosive I will give him that, I think he will add some versatility to New Englands offense.

Stewie
03-05-2007, 09:42 AM
They can play the poison pill and numbers game all they want, but the bottom line is that they let a super bowl MVP receiver go for 7 years 39 million, and they plan to sign a "wayne chrebet type" for 6 years 38 mlilion. Sweet.

The Answer
03-05-2007, 11:05 AM
What's going on in NE?

They give welker a 38 million dollar contract, and let a super bowl MVP go to seattle to sign a 39 million dollar contract last year?

Seems like either they didn't see the cap explosion coming (not likely) or BB is getting nervous that his window is closing fast!

Wes Welker is a superstar waiting in the wings - just ask any dolphins fan and they will vouch for this. (sarcasm off). :bandwagon

~The Answer

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
They can play the poison pill and numbers game all they want, but the bottom line is that they let a super bowl MVP receiver go for 7 years 39 million, and they plan to sign a "wayne chrebet type" for 6 years 38 mlilion. Sweet.

They haven't signed anything yet.

Also, supposedly the deal is for 6 Yrs/$18M with a 7th year tacked on for $20M. That year gets guaranteed based on some condition that is only true if the Dolphins match. That is the "poison pill".

He isn't getting the same money Deion did.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
They haven't signed anything yet.

Also, supposedly the deal is for 6 Yrs/$18M with a 7th year tacked on for $20M. That year gets guaranteed based on some condition that is only true if the Dolphins match. That is the "poison pill".

He isn't getting the same money Deion did.
If he does someone needs to take a tack hammer to the Pats FO.

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Wes Welker is a superstar waiting in the wings - just ask any dolphins fan and they will vouch for this. (sarcasm off). :bandwagon

~The Answer
I'm starting to like you a little bit more....

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm starting to like you a little bit more....
+1

Stewie
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
answer: yes.

NextbillsQB
08-31-2010, 11:46 PM
lol