PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Holcomb still a Bill

The Answer
03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Lost in the excitement of the Free Agency this past weekend is the fact that the wily veteran is still on this roster.

Kudos to Marv and the brass at OBD for having the insight to keep Holcomb and recongizing that there isn't any other quality veterans available. KH knows the system and is more than capable of carrying this team if Losman were to go down.

The Answer is pleased at how this offseason is going so far despite fears that it would be the same old story as in years past.

~The Answer

don137
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I have to disagree. If Losman goes down there is a big drop off when/if you go to Holcomb. Holcomb can maybe come off the bench and do OK in a game but if you count on him for multiple games he can not be relied on to "win" the game.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Holcomb is a solid backup.

The Answer
03-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Agreed - KH also capable of leading us on a deep playoff run if Losman were to go down - he's tanned, rested and ready.

After all these years he still don't get the credit he deserves.

~The Answer

raphael120
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
yeh our WR's are good at running 5 yd curls and flat routes for KH

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM

Uh....

Not for the salary he is making.

jamesiscool
03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
yeh our WR's are good at running 5 yd curls and flat routes for KH

couldn't have said it better, the only reason the bills won 7 games last season was the ability of JP to get the ball downfield and make some big plays happen. holcomb doesn't have an arm what so ever.

So if JP goes down, there goes whatever little offense we ever had. holcomb will not win games for us.

James

Earthquake Enyart
03-05-2007, 11:16 AM
It would cost more to cut him than to keep him.

Plus we still have NALL BALL BABY. :up:

The Answer
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
couldn't have said it better, the only reason the bills won 7 games last season was the ability of JP to get the ball downfield and make some big plays happen. holcomb doesn't have an arm what so ever.

So if JP goes down, there goes whatever little offense we ever had. holcomb will not win games for us.

James

KH has already proved he's more than capable of winning games and putting up big numbers. He might be past his prime but he's still a winner.

~The Answer

mybills
03-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Another QB is the least of our needs. That's why he's still here.

TigerJ
03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm assuming Nall is Buffalo's #2. If I were the Bills' GM, I'd cut Holcomb to free up cap money, but strictly from a personnel standpoint it's not worth the 45 seconds it took me to post this to worry about it.

The Answer
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm assuming Nall is Buffalo's #2. If I were the Bills' GM, I'd caut Holcomb to free up cap money, but strickly from a personnel standpoint it's not worth the 45 seconds it took me to post this to worry about it.

Nall Ball not THE ANSWER right now - we need a seasoned vet backing up losman if we are going to be a complete team. Right now KH is the guy, but if for some reason the front office makes a stupid move and cuts him than we will have another hole to fill.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
03-05-2007, 01:39 PM
draft Leak in the later rds.

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
KH has already proved he's more than capable of winning games and putting up big numbers. He might be past his prime but he's still a winner.

~The Answer

Capable of winning? What did I miss? I'll let you look it up. How many career wins does Kelly Holcomb have?

mikemac2001
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
say we are 4-4 and we lose losman for 3 games i can holcomb winning 2 out of 3 he is good in spurts but not as full time starter, so im ok with him here. obviously it depends on who we play and other circumstances but saying more of what he has shown in short stints

YardRat
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
If JP can perform better behind the re-vamped o-line, then so can Holcomb.

I'm OK if we keep him, OK if we don't.

I'd like to see Nall get some game action to see what he has to offer.

kgun12
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Agreed - KH also capable of leading us on a deep playoff run if Losman were to go down - he's tanned, rested and ready.

After all these years he still don't get the credit he deserves.

~The Answer

:spit: you should warm people of the humor, I just about choked on my coffee!

I think the answer is...to many drugs!. Holcomb is the same type of player Van Pelt was. Knowledgable, but capable no way. When Alex got his chance yo start he did well until teams realized he could not throw the long ball. He was exposed I believe it was against SF. After that he was worthless as a starter. This is same thing that happened with Holcomb. He has below average arm strenght and in NLF that spells loser! Maybe game game in relief, but not for any lenght of time and especially a deep playoff run!!! :roflmao:

The Answer
03-05-2007, 04:15 PM
say we are 4-4 and we lose losman for 3 games i can holcomb winning 2 out of 3 he is good in spurts but not as full time starter, so im ok with him here. obviously it depends on who we play and other circumstances but saying more of what he has shown in short stints

Holcomb has always had the potential as a QB to win 10+ games a season but he has never got a fair shake.

In Indy he was behind Manning.

In Cleveland he was behind Tim Couch.

And in Buffalo he was behind Losman.

Too many politics have held the guy back, but rest assured The Answer is fully aware of his capabalities as a downfield assassin.

~The Answer

Luisito23
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm ok going into the season with him on the roster, but just pray and hope that nothing happens to JP.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
this is why we need a rb. If Jp goes down, I'm not depending on KH to win us ballgames. Smashmouth.