PDA

View Full Version : McGahee going nowhere?

raphael120
03-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok...so lets see with this weeks developments where mcGahee is headed, and why I think he's going to be a Bill.

Giants are no longer interested in him, they now covet Tatum Bell, newly aquired from the Lions. Don't know where that talk is going but apparantly Tatum Bell is in higher reguard than McGahee...and so is Travis Henry..

Who is probably on his way to signing a contract with Denver, it's pretty sad when an older, above average back is beating out McGahee...

I think everyone knows how mediocre McGahee is, and I think the asking price from the Bills is going to be large...the only place that needs a RB now is Green Bay...and if McGahee has a problem bein in Buffalo, he'll have one being in another small market team.

This being said...and with the recent changes to the Oline...do you want to see what McGahee can do behind this new line? do you think he'll play with more purpose, knowing that he'll have holes to run through? In other words, do you want to give him another year?

I'd tell him peace-out, and have fun being a backup., because no one is looking to him to be a starter. That being said...i think he'll come back wanting to play because he IS the number one back in Buffalo....for now.

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Giants are no longer interested in him, they now covet Tatum Bell, newly aquired from the Lions.
The Lions are trying to trade Bell back out? Where did you hear this from? I've never seen it anywhere.

DMBcrew36
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
He'll hold out unless we give him a new deal. I don't think he'll want to play here no matter what, given what he has said in the media as of late.

mysticsoto
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
The Lions are trying to trade Bell back out? Where did you hear this from? I've never seen it anywhere.

It's on Chris Brown's blog. It looks like the Giants want Bell, not that the Lions are looking to trade him:

GIANTS WANT TATUM BELL?: There are rumors percolating in Detroit that the Giants are interested in Lions' recently acquired RB Tatum Bell. Detroit got Bell in the trade for Dre Bly last week, but the possibility of trading him wasn't ruled out. Now there are strong rumblings that New York wants the ultra-quick tailback to pair up with Brandon Jacobs.
I never really thought the Giants were a fit for Willis McGahee. He and Jacobs are one in the same in terms of type of back. Big, physical, not the back that could possibly bust one for a TD every time he touches the ball. Bell however, can do that. I believe that's what the Giants are looking for.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

raphael120
03-05-2007, 11:18 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2665

The Giants reportedly haven't talked much about trading for Tatum Bell.

Detroit is oddly shopping Bell after acquiring him last week. New York won't give up a first day pick for Bell, so it doesn't make sense from either side.

raphael120
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
yeah, and chris brown, i had a brain fart as to where i heard that...

mybills
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Ok...so lets see with this weeks developments where mcGahee is headed, and why I think he's going to be a Bill.

Giants are no longer interested in him, they now covet Tatum Bell, newly aquired from the Lions. Don't know where that talk is going but apparantly Tatum Bell is in higher reguard than McGahee...and so is Travis Henry..

Who is probably on his way to signing a contract with Denver, it's pretty sad when an older, above average back is beating out McGahee...

I think everyone knows how mediocre McGahee is, and I think the asking price from the Bills is going to be large...the only place that needs a RB now is Green Bay...and if McGahee has a problem bein in Buffalo, he'll have one being in another small market team.

This being said...and with the recent changes to the Oline...do you want to see what McGahee can do behind this new line? do you think he'll play with more purpose, knowing that he'll have holes to run through? In other words, do you want to give him another year?

I'd tell him peace-out, and have fun being a backup., because no one is looking to him to be a starter. That being said...i think he'll come back wanting to play because he IS the number one back in Buffalo....for now.

I think he'll be here another year. I don't see this team as a running offense, especially with JP's passing arm. I think their plan is to fix the line to help out JP, and Willis when they do call a running play. I also see them getting wr help. Lee seems to be the best, but one best is not enough.