PDA

View Full Version : So EVERYONE, even Clements himself, thinks he got alot

raphael120
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
So today on ESPN, not only did they have Clements on the phone talking about his monetary raping of the 49ers, but every single person on ESPN is saying that his play thus far has NOT warrented that kind of pay day, and i agree. He's only made 1 Pro Bowl, and he's not Asante Samuel or Champ Bailey...his career high INT's is only 6, meanwhile you got the formers putting up over 10 a season...just mindboggling...dont know why everyone is throwing around so much money, whether its from fear of losing out or what...but it's like bidding on ebay and someone effin up your bid because they got their head up their ass and pay WAY too much for something you could get cheaper, and you KNOW you could get cheaper...

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
The niner franchise is run by a bunch of morons, as evident by the #1 overall pick Alex Smith. That guy would've been there in the 3rd round last year.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
It's weird to think that Clements is making more than guys like Urlacher, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Champ...........

Ebenezer
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
it's weird to think that NC has a job...if there were real requirements that college athletes had to meet like the rest of college students Nate would be pumping gas or flipping burgers.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
it's weird to think that NC has a job...if there were real requirements that college athletes had to meet like the rest of college students Nate would be pumping gas or flipping burgers.
I think the same can be said for 3/4th's of the players in the NFL minus Daunte Culpepper.

Ebenezer
03-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I think the same can be said for 3/4th's of the players in the NFL minus Daunte Culpepper.
I don't disagree...personally, if you can't get into college, hold a real major and keep a 2.0 average then you shouldn't be allowed to play college sports.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't disagree...personally, if you can't get into college, hold a real major and keep a 2.0 average then you shouldn't be allowed to play college sports.
I think the world would be surprised how many guys don't even go to class.

capitolneal
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
The niner franchise is run by a bunch of morons, as evident by the #1 overall pick Alex Smith. That guy would've been there in the 3rd round last year.

THIS GUY WAS THE #1 QB THAT YR WEAK DRAFT... bUT OWNERS ARE THE DEATH OF THEMSELVES GIVE A FAT KID THE KEYS TO THE CANDY STORE SEE IF HE CALLS JENNY CRAIG OR EATS

Ebenezer
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I think the world would be surprised how many guys don't even go to class.
It would certainly change the landscape of college sports if the "non-student" athletes were removed from the picture.

B-DON
03-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Who cares? Colleges make tons off these kids, let them decide if they want to go to class or not, they are only hurtin themselves by not going

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty much against taking a QB with the number one overall pick no matter the situation. Hell, I'm against having the number one overall pick. If I were a GM I would trade down and pick up some more picks if my team sucked bad enough to be number one overall.

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Wasn't Clements one pro bowl year as an alternate?

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Wasn't Clements one pro bowl year as an alternate?
Yup.