X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Guys stop comparing This years contracts to any other previous years

The cap has risen and the contracts are much higher.
  • Captain_Obvious
    • Feb 2007

Re: Guys stop comparing This years contracts to any other previous years

Very well said

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

once again, someone is missing the point.

If the cap (and thus contracts) keep rising at this pace, the Bills and several other teams like the Bengals and the Jaguars will be priced right out of the NFL.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        once again, someone is missing the point.

If the cap (and thus contracts) keep rising at this pace, the Bills and several other teams like the Bengals and the Jaguars will be priced right out of the NFL.
        Why? The TV revenue is also rising.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

oh, and the availability of money does not necessarily make a player worth that much money. if Bill Gates wants to buy a Toyota, he doesn't have to pay Porshe money for it just because he can afford to pay Porsche money for it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Why? The TV revenue is also rising.
            because player salaries are rising MUCH faster than TV revenue.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Plus the thread is mentioning not to compare salaries to previous years. It doesnt have anything to do with Teams long term viability. Why did you even bring it up?

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                The cap has risen and the contracts are much higher.

Is that a good excuse to overpay?? I realize teams need to upgrade, but couldn't you sign second tier FA's and upgrade through the draft and do just aswell?? This draft is deep at the G position, couldn't you have saved the money you spent on G and T and used it on say...A.Thomas?? Your Defense needs serious help too, especially the front 7.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

because player salaries are rising MUCH faster than TV revenue.
                  Are they?

I am under the impression that the cap rises as revenues rise?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                    Is that a good excuse to overpay?? I realize teams need to upgrade, but couldn't you sign second tier FA's and upgrade through the draft and do just aswell??
                    LOL. If they had done that people would be complaining they took the cheap route. I don't think they overpaid at all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Is that a good excuse to overpay?? I realize teams need to upgrade, but couldn't you sign second tier FA's and upgrade through the draft and do just aswell??
                      oh, we've tried the second tier approach. It got us the likes of Tutan Reyes, Matt Bowens, Bennie Anderson, Robert Royal, Courtney Watson, Aaron Gibson.....

In order to be successful, teams need to spend money, but they need to spend it wisely. Paying lots of money for a Peyton Manning or an Antonio Gates or a Julius Peppers helps teams. Paying lots of money for guys who don't do jack **** (like the Skins with Lavar Arrington and Adam Archuleta) is how teams get in trouble.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

oh, we've tried the second tier approach. It got us the likes of Tutan Reyes, Matt Bowens, Bennie Anderson, Robert Royal, Courtney Watson, Aaron Gibson.....

In order to be successful, teams need to spend money, but they need to spend it wisely. Paying lots of money for a Peyton Manning or an Antonio Gates or a Julius Peppers helps teams. Paying lots of money for guys who don't do jack **** (like the Skins with Lavar Arrington and Adam Archuleta) is how teams get in trouble.

Did the Bills improve last year?? Did they have success with their rookies?? Yes to both. The second tier isn't ment to find superstars it's ment to suppliment till your drafting has a chance to grow. I'm not saying don't spend during FA, just spend wisely. Like I said I think Dockery is an up-grade although not a huge one, he was far more expensive then his ability. It's one thing to pay big bucks for talent like A.Thomas, it's another to pay big bucks for someone that doesn't deserve a big contract.

The Redskins let Dockery go because the draft is deep at the Gaurd position and they'll get younger and Cheaper and will have no fall off in talent, cause the G group is talented in the draft....it's a no brainer! The Bills also give 25 Mill to a tackle that would have gotten far far less then that from the team he's leaving. Altogether 70 mill for two players that don't even know what a Probolw is??? That doesn't seem to be a bit over the top to you??

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

How did Bennie Anderson work out for you?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Here is my question, contracts on the rise and the cap is rising too, but it will not rise to an infinite amount, eventually the NFL will have to ceiling it. What happens then? And when does that happen? Will the players contracts come down? I honestly dont know the answer, but I cant see this trend continuing for a long time.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Did the Bills improve last year?? Did they have success with their rookies?? Yes to both. The second tier isn't ment to find superstars it's ment to suppliment till your drafting has a chance to grow. I'm not saying don't spend during FA, just spend wisely. Like I said I think Dockery is an up-grade although not a huge one, he was far more expensive then his ability. It's one thing to pay big bucks for talent like A.Thomas, it's another to pay big bucks for someone that doesn't deserve a big contract.

The Redskins let Dockery go because the draft is deep at the Gaurd position and they'll get younger and Cheaper and will have no fall off in talent, cause the G group is talented in the draft....it's a no brainer! The Bills also give 25 Mill to a tackle that would have gotten far far less then that from the team he's leaving. Altogether 70 mill for two players that don't even know what a Probolw is??? That doesn't seem to be a bit over the top to you??
                              it does seem over the top, but our FO picked the guys they wanted and did what they had to in order to get them. We just have to hope they picked the right guys- if they play well enough and help move this team from mediocrity to playoff contender, no one will care how much they make.

As far as getting younger, we already have some young talent on the OL in Preston, Pennington and Butler. We need vet experience, and we have other needs to fill in the draft. So, while letting Dockery go may have been the right move for the Skins, signing him seems to be the right move for the Bills.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞